Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Handgun people chime in UPDATE (Made up my mind)! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Handgun people chime in UPDATE (Made up my mind)!
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im a HK fan i love them but yet to own a usp 40. . I currently have a nice .40 sig p226R btfo ,love it and is the gun i was talked into instead of the hk... But goodluck on your price range , maybe used will be your bet id ride with a cadillac but if u wanna settle for a honda the glock is koo

[ November 17, 2012, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: 2T0NE ]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I carry a Glock 30. 45 has knockdown power, really will only take one shot to lay a man down
Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
^ My worry with a loaded chamber glock inside your pants is the chance of it going off while it's holstered. I know it's happened before to cops on and off duty.

If I was going to carry I'd honestly carry a revolver. Point and shoot, harder trigger pull, smaller, compact & IMHO more comfortable in a consealed holster.

This is not an accurate statement. They can go off when being 're holstered but will not go off in a holster. That being said I learned on a g23 great gun but the grip angle was never comfortable for me. I have carried xd40s for the last 8 years or so. The grip safety is reassuring and so are the loaded chamber indicator and firing pin indicator. Great gun at a great price. My advice is to shoot everything you can and see what is most comfortable for you.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also 45 does kick less than 40. A 45 round travels much slower out of the barrel. 40 usually travels at 1200-1400 fps. 45 moves out in the 750-900 range. More stopping power but a slower round.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your looking for a ccw weapon look into the ruger sr9c or 40c. They are a great little gun. Cheaper than the glock still has a safety trigger and button.

For a full size id go with the sig 2022 45cal with night sights no safety like a glock and better quality.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GLOCK 22 .40 S&W is the best overall gun you could possibly get. Maybe a smaller G23 that also comes in .40 for concealed carry use if thats what you want it for. Theres a reason why 70% of police departments across the country carry glocks. Its super reliable. I know that alsmost all PD's around the east bay carry G22's and SF PD and SJ. PD carry glock also.

I have both the 3rd gen and the newest being the 4th gen. Love them greatly. Its sweet to have twins.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
10mm FTMFW [Cool]

I agree!!! 10MM
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I have been looking at a Glock 19, any info?

yes, its the best handgun ever made, and i'll even compare to the 1911

i was always a 1911 guy, but the 19 is just PERFECT in every way

i can dump my 33 round mag at 25 feet as fast as possible and keep a pie plate sized group...and im about 5'6" and 150#

im not a fan of .40 cal

i also prefer .45 acp over it

for carry ? a glock 22 is way too big, unless your a 300 pounder

i even sold my glock 36, which was exactly the same size as the 19, cuz it was too big. i sold the 36 for a 21SF, and got a sig p238 for carry. its a .380

dont try to get a range/carry gun, you will find neither works for what you want it for IMO

if its small enuff to carry its not a good range gun, and if its a good range gun.....its too big to carry

and yes....40 makes up the weight diff with velocity, so its a much hotter round to compensate for the smaller bullet weight

so its snappier, and you get about the same results as .45 acp, or roughly 500 ft lbs of energy, the .40 just does it faster

and IMO .45 acp is MUCH much easier to find since its a military issue round

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I have a question. Anyone here carry their Glock on a loaded chamber? Also get a Glock 20. 10mm FTMFW [Cool]

every carry gun i have is loaded, and i prefer the glock with no safety as opposed to my sig with safety on

if you holster the gun before you tuck it, you'll never have an issue

every discharge is user error, poor maintenance etc. its ALWAYS the fault of the user...not the gun

heres why you need a round chambered, old vid...but illustrates everything i want to show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igSoJHEdUo

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To the Op, I own a Glock 35 which is .40cal. compared to my friends Glock 21 it does have more recoil but not enough to really matter. if it is a concern you can get the 22 compensated to lighten the recoil but your front sight will get dark quick. i would stick with the .40 only due to ammo prices. a box of .40 is anywhere from $6-8.00 cheaper then .45. dont get me wrong .45 is a fun round and I do plan to eventually own something in .45.

Purchasing.

Join Glock sport shooting foundation and get the GSSF coupon and you will be looking at $400 ish for the pistol and your pistol will be fully warrantied as long as your a GSSF member even after the manufacture warranty wears off. at the time of my purchase LCaction in San ho was the only spot in Ca to honor GSSF coupons. Sac black rifle( it is also probably the best gun shop in northern ca) is now a glock blue label dealer and will honor the coupon as well.

If LCaction still does it they will be closer to you, but do note that they only sell to LE and honor GSSF coupons. also note that LCaction does carry the competition models (glock 34&35) but they do not come with the (-) connector since they are intended for service use so you may have to have them order you the pistol in its true stock form(if you plan to buy a 34 or 35).

Also keep in mind a .40 can be converted to 9mm or .357 sig easily but a .357 and 9mm cant be converted to .40. and while im on this, a glock 20(10mm) can be converted down to .45 but not the other way.

done being a gun nerd for now.

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:

Glock 19 I had jammed a lot so....

I need to beat my meat more , so my wrist strength isn't that of a sportster riding lesbian.

Fixed it for you Dan!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the input fellas!! I went to check out some Glocks locally and they are $530, $609 out the door after all the BS. Seems like I'm going to stick with a .40 for the conversion aspects to a 9mm & .357

Will they let me test shoot a couple different caliber ones like trying on different shoes at footlocker lol...

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just shot a G22 last weekend.
Very accurate gun at longer ranges. I was impressed.
I'd say get it!!!

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok fellas so after all the BS I finally settled and made my mind up... Just scored a Springfield XD .40 for $450 yesterday!!!! Just wish ammo was cheaper. What are your guys thoughts on reloads? I don't mind buying new but keep hearing of this cheap alternative for the range

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd suggest shooting a wide variety of pistols, then make a decision based on what you like. I personally own a springfield xd40 but have friends that own glock 17 and 19's. I preferred the xd over both the glocks.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com