Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » a few pics from my recent motorcycle accident (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: a few pics from my recent motorcycle accident
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StangCity510:
I almost lost it yesterday went up on a wheelie came down hard had my handle bars wobbling. Thought I was going down. Would a stabilizer help out with this prob?

I'm guessing that if you stop doing wheelies you won't have this problem.

And your bike didnt come with a stabalizer, what do you have like a 10 year old bike your beating up on?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
a couple months ago, i was the barf members nightmare...i rode my buddys r1 home from sf to san bruno at night in shorts and flip flops because he was drunk...only god can judge me [Big Grin]

I'm gonna have to report you to the BARF ladies....
The barf guys/gals are gear Nazis because they simply want you to save some skin and for the most part not die (nothing wrong with being a gear Nazi).
word! sometimes i feel like they care tooo much lol
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
meh. walk it off.

just kidding. road rash is a bitch!

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
StangCity510
¯
Member # 11711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangCity510  Ford pictures for StangCity510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:
I almost lost it yesterday went up on a wheelie came down hard had my handle bars wobbling. Thought I was going down. Would a stabilizer help out with this prob?

And your bike didnt come with a stabalizer, what do you have like a 10 year old bike your beating up on?

Bikes only 4 years old and it didn't come with one. Its kind of hard to stop doing wheelies.

[ November 16, 2012, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: StangCity510 ]

--------------------
will work for stangs

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
quote:

Bikes only 4 years old and it didn't come with one. Its kind of hard to stop doing wheelies.
When you get speed wobble you have to gas out of it but not too hard...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

StangCity510
¯
Member # 11711

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangCity510  Ford pictures for StangCity510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bd9DrrfEtw&feature=related,

This is not me btw

[ November 16, 2012, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: StangCity510 ]

--------------------
will work for stangs

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Head shakes are usually caused by the front wheel not straight when bringin the wheelie down...and blip the throttle so u land soft, what ive heard.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When it starts shaking most people hit the brakes and it makes it worse you have to throttle out of it it works somehow ive done it two or three times...

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for speed wobbles you have to grip the tank with your legs and relax your arms the bike will bring itself out. for wheelies you shouldn't be slamming down you need to practice your throttle control. roll the throttle slightly to come down soft. when i first started wheelies i would slam down because i got afraid of how fast the bike would come up.. its a stage everyone goes through. once you find your balance point youll be fine and have a lot more control

[ November 17, 2012, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: 88FOX ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com