Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mystic Cobra Finally gets back to the track

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mystic Cobra Finally gets back to the track
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I ran my car at sac raceway for the first time since having AED rebuild my entire car. Mod list is a magnum, rxt, 4.10 on stock rebuilt trac loc, aed signature series motor, B heads, php ported intake, v-1, and lots of other stuff. Previous best was at redding with an 11.98 @ 123. First run was a 11.65 spinning all the way through 1st and 2nd with a 2.06 60. At the end of the track for the first time ever I experienced spark blowout. It got worse as the day dragged on and I lost more and more mph. I had almost 3k on my plugs and should have swapped em b4 going. Last run was my strongest. 60 was a 1.90 and I ran an 11.58@118. I am going to need to play with some shock settings because I feel I should be sixtying much better than this. Let me know if you all see anyway I can improve, IE launch, setup, shifting etc. I am looking for tens at this power level before I up my game [Smile]

Sorry that I cant embed it
First run
Vortech Mystic Cobra - YouTube

Last run of the day
Vortech Mystic 11-10-12 - YouTube

[ November 12, 2012, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: 9cobrasnake9 ]

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are u using a 2 step to launch or just dropping the clutch at a certain rpm? Also 1.90 is a nice 60ft.
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No 2 step last launch was at 4500. My car has pulled a 1.74 sixty before when na. I know it's got more in it!

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

fastgms-lsnova
¯
Member # 9411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastgms-lsnova  Ford pictures for fastgms-lsnova  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were you going 11.90s n/a...and now 11.50s with this set up..

--------------------
MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
LSXLX

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

No. best N\A pass was a few years ago at 12.6x @ 108. Combo is much different now. The 11.90 @ 123 was run at redding a few months ago and I was spinning the whole way down the track.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Revved up
¯
Member # 11321

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Revved up  Ford pictures for Revved up    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did somebody really just say a 1.9 is a good 60....... /facepalm.....

--------------------
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyixgrPn4g1qc1ac7o1_500.gif

Posts: 275 | From: Fairfield, Ca | Registered: Sep 2011  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Revved up:
Did somebody really just say a 1.9 is a good 60....... /facepalm.....

Hahahaha maybe he thought he was on street tires or something

--------------------
2001 GT s-trim h/c t56 AED tuned
456hp 415ftlb 10psi-street
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race
11.26@121mph 1.57 60ft-street
10.81@126mph 1.56 60ft-race

Posts: 622 | From: martinez CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
adjust shocks settings and with a more aggressive launch and you will pull at 1.7 60ft minimum. Keep the same rpm launch but come out of the clutch faster, if that doesnt work then increase rpm, traction isnt the issue on the last run as it looks like your getting plenty during the 60ft. so theres not 60ft to be gained from traction cuz your getting it already. Only 1 thing at a time so you know what works.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Cool thanks for the advice! That launch was at 4500 so I guess I will incremently increase the rpm till I get there

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
by the way i met you and your wife last weekend in chico, im steve and carls buddy.Alonsos the name if you remember I have the saleen. I was just up there hanging out with steve and carl.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Hells ya I remember you. Good to know your name on the board! Hopefully we can meet up for a cruise sometime

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What rpm are you launching at?

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

The last run was at 4500. I prob need to launch higher as my B heads do not make great low end torque like the c heads do.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
The last run was at 4500. I prob need to launch higher as my B heads do not make great low end torque like the c heads do.

Why didn't you swap heads when you had the engine rebuilt?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Truthfully the b heads perform really well with boost. There was also a big cost factor in it. I had a fully ported and shortened b intake already and didnt want to spend more cash getting a c head intake done up. I have owned both b headed and c headed cobras. For some reason I always felt the b heads pulled harder on the top so I went with it [Smile]

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com