Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » norcal motorsports

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: norcal motorsports
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats your guys thoughts on them?

[ October 03, 2012, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
expensive IMO.

I got a quote to fix my shock tower on my 67 and they suggested a mustang II front end. I came back two weeks later and asked if they could just weld it all back together and reinforce it with some shock tower plates. and they wanted $900+ dollars for that.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know the owner Jay. really great shop to have work done but yes they are on the high side as pricing goes but their work is high end too...he does it all from bolt ons to full on ground-up restorations....in this - get what you pay for - world, you're getting way high end work there.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

ntimid8
¯
Member # 1498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ntimid8  Ford pictures for ntimid8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MaK_1967v8

Have you gotten a second or third quote yet to fix your shock towers? Your shock towers were cracked extremely bad. To do the job right required a lot more work than you realize. We always go the extra mile here. I quoted you the MII front end based on what we talked about. Is it for everyone and their budget know. If you would like to do some of the labor yourself I would gladly lower my price. Also remember that we would have to remove your engine to do the job. How much do shops charge these days just to do that. In this instance I think we were more than fare. Please understand I did not come here to bash you or any of that. But everyone needs to understand what was involved in your project other than just welding in some plates. If you still need work done give me a call and maybe we can work something out.

Jason 916-482-5535

--------------------
"Happiness is being stroked and Blown"

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounded like they recommended the right thing the first time. The mustang 2 front end is a better route to go. And if you didnt want to take their recommendation and fix it your way, 900 still doesnt sound unreasonable from a legit shop.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ntimid8:
MaK_1967v8

Have you gotten a second or third quote yet to fix your shock towers? Your shock towers were cracked extremely bad. To do the job right required a lot more work than you realize. We always go the extra mile here. I quoted you the MII front end based on what we talked about. Is it for everyone and their budget know. If you would like to do some of the labor yourself I would gladly lower my price. Also remember that we would have to remove your engine to do the job. How much do shops charge these days just to do that. In this instance I think we were more than fare. Please understand I did not come here to bash you or any of that. But everyone needs to understand what was involved in your project other than just welding in some plates. If you still need work done give me a call and maybe we can work something out.

Jason 916-482-5535

Hey Jason,

Yeah the shock tower is still cracked. But I have the plates for it now. Currently the motor is still in it, but I'll be pulling it myself whenever I get around to it. The stang has kinda just been sitting in the garage and really only gets backed out of the garage once in awhile to have it started up and get some gas cycled through it. Whenever I get the ball rolling on it, I'll give you guys a call.

Thanks,

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

ntimid8
¯
Member # 1498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ntimid8  Ford pictures for ntimid8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds good bud. [Wink]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ntimid8:
MaK_1967v8

Jason 916-482-5535

Good stuff right there [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my whole T-5 swap done by them, Jason is an honest guy who held up his end even after a problem came up, he took care of me.

Yes it was on the higher side but I have NO complaints. Transmission shifts smoothly and its been almost 3 years now.

Id recommend them. [patriot]

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would recommend them.
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i charge close to a 1000 just to pull an install a motor. that was a dam deal! not to mention measuring cutting and welding in the new shock tower. buy the time they crack they are not center anymore. its sounds like high end work for a hella of a deal.
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
i charge close to a 1000 just to pull an install a motor. that was a dam deal! not to mention measuring cutting and welding in the new shock tower. buy the time they crack they are not center anymore. its sounds like high end work for a hella of a deal.

not that it matters, but the quote was me pulling the motor. So to free up some confusion. The $900 was fixing the crack in the current shock tower, and welding the reinforcement plates on around it.

[ October 03, 2012, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: MaK_1967v8 ]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
both sides or just the one?
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Only the driver side is cracked. But the plates would be welded on both sides.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

that is a very fair price for a decent gd shop.
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

No doubt about it.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

ntimid8
¯
Member # 1498

Sorry you were correct. I do remember you saying you would pull your own engine. I did not mean for this to turn into bashing. I just wanted it to stay neutral. To everyone else thanks for the kind words.

--------------------

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not the cheapest but I definitely like their work and I have sent two friends there who were also happy with the quality of their shop. First place I will go to if I get into another Stang without a doubt.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
I know the owner Jay. really great shop to have work done but yes they are on the high side as pricing goes but their work is high end too...he does it all from bolt ons to full on ground-up restorations....in this - get what you pay for - world, you're getting way high end work there.

Jay says so and I believe him.

That is all.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com