Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Chp fix it ticket

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Chp fix it ticket
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chp starts tailing me on a'st and lights me up and says where's my front plate. I just put that cobra bumper and Spent a pretty penny on paint and shaved the lisence plate holes (I knew it wouldnt last to long). Then she asks me why my car is so loud I says the after market exhaust. ( mind you the bassani off road x pipe) so I get cited for a front plate and modified exhaust fix it ticket thank god my hood didn't go up or else state refed then I would be fucked pretty hard..

What have you guys done with your 94-98 cobra front bumper with plate don't want to drill holes unless I'm left with no choice.

[ July 28, 2012, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: VENOMUS PONY 5.0 ]

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
double sided tape worked for me and magnum.
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Front plate mount no holes drilled required ordering this with in the hour... Nice little Peice http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/

--------------------

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did yourself at least have your front plate shoved in the front lower passenger side of windshield..?????

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

@dvus no I did not I thought I was invincible

--------------------

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to your local community college and have the cop there sign it off. They never get to do real cop work so it will make their day...oh yeah use zip ties and fasten it to the front air dam and let it dangle....after the cop signes it off pay $10 fix it fee and cut it off again

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when they ask why your car is so loud, you tell them mufflers are blown out and your suppose to be getting new ones next week and tell them how annoyed you are you cant hear anything cause of it.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
when they ask why your car is so loud, you tell them mufflers are blown out and your suppose to be getting new ones next week and tell them how annoyed you are you cant hear anything cause of it.

That was a good one.. She wanted the Danm receipt for the body shop...

--------------------

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:

do you know how many loud cars are at the community college? If u did u would grow some balls and just ask instead of whining

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
New paint I would use magnets then.. put a piece of cloth on them so they don't scratch your paint though.
gq916
¯
Member # 8540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gq916  Ford pictures for gq916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the plate do double sided tape and take off the plate afterwards...for your exhaust ticket, you will have to put your stock stuff on and take it to a state smog referee or you can just pay the fine of around $200 and leave your aftermarket exhaust on..

i got both tickets in december =(

[ July 31, 2012, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: gq916 ]

--------------------
Zinc Yellow 2003 Mach1
Maximum Motorsport Suspension

White 1996 Cobra-Sold 3/2013
Tuned by ForceFed
AED Dyno 308rwhp 283rwtq SAE

Posts: 306 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com