Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » sent to collections on a car i no longer own UPDATE!!!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: sent to collections on a car i no longer own UPDATE!!!!!
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so long story short i sold my 79 z28 to get into a stang well i get a call today saying i owe 2000 storage fees for the car.i sent in the release of liabilty and everything i was sappose to do but im told the guy never registered it.dmv is saying that my release of liability was not complete but it was....what should i do?i havent touched this car in 2 years

[ August 01, 2012, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you get it back for $2k do it and sell it again
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
car was sold to the junk yard...another think thats sketch is they are saying that they sent notice to me but they didnt they sent the notice to a adress i havent lived at for about 8 years

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you saved proof of your release of liability just show DmV and this will go away

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

i may have a copy its been a while so i may have thrown it away since i got no notice

--------------------

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

HAAAAAAA found that shit lets see what dmv says now

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:
HAAAAAAA found that shit lets see what dmv says now

they will say my bad ,,, lol

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

so the agency says that they cant do nething about it regardless of dmv cause the car was in my name at the time of it sale.....wierd thing is i look up the number to find info on the agency and it comes up as a scam when i google it number is 8774434686

[ July 24, 2012, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------

rwc
¯
Member # 8047

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rwc  Ford pictures for rwc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
so the agency says that they cant do nething about it regardless of dmv cause the car was in my name at the time of it sale.....wierd thing is i look up the number to find info on the agency and it comes up as a scam when i google it number is 8774434686

finex collection group
Posts: 405 | From: redwood city ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

hmmm ok

--------------------

88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
moe i got a call like this before to i questioned the lady on it and she had no info for me regarding the case. She tried asking me for my address and shit and I refused then Googled the number and same shit. its a scam
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

i guess this group has done this before.......im gonna fight like hell on this one http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/finex-group-llc-collection-agency-california-c390252.html

[ July 24, 2012, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: moeofit32 ]

--------------------

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going through the same shit from a van I sold four years ago it's bull shit. I turned in my paperwork to.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pull your credit to be safe and check to see if they attempted to ding you. If they did, file a dispute with the credit agency. I use a service Discover provides for $6 a month to pull my credit for free whenever, and once found a scamming ass alarm company hit my credit for some BS on our house alarm. Disputed it, and they pulled it right off my credit report.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

thanks guys im gonna go to dmv tomorrow and also check my credit once i get a understanding of how they recieved my release of liabilty and yet the car bounces back to me

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Work with DMV, not the "collecting" agency. They might be scammers trying to trick you out of 2k.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've dealt with sketchy collection agencies before. Ask for them to send you something in writing via certified mail. If it's a valid debt, they're required by law to send you something in writing stating the amount of the debt, the interest incurred and any fees. If they're trying to scam you and they're dumb enough to send it via certified mail, then that's mail fraud and you can turn all your evidence over to the local postmaster for investigation. I guarantee you they WILL investigate it as the Federal government takes that crap seriously.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
I've dealt with sketchy collection agencies before. Ask for them to send you something in writing via certified mail. If it's a valid debt, they're required by law to send you something in writing stating the amount of the debt, the interest incurred and any fees. If they're trying to scam you and they're dumb enough to send it via certified mail, then that's mail fraud and you can turn all your evidence over to the local postmaster for investigation. I guarantee you they WILL investigate it as the Federal government takes that crap seriously.

This

If you want to be an asshole call them and ask for a copy of contract/work order with your signature where you agreed to pay for the srvices rendered. Tell them if they report any negative info your credit file you will sue them under the fair credit reporting act.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would you like me to go out N shank them for you? I'll make them pay YOU 2k

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the same issue last year on a truck I sold in 2008. I called the collection agency and told them I had sold the truck and I had proof. I mailed them a copy of the release of liability and the bill of sell. They removed it from my credit report and I haven't heard anything about it since them.

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Super quandoe again....lol lmk if u need v.i.p.

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

good looking out yall i will give a update tomorrow

--------------------

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

jus got them off my back on this one having the release wasnt enough i had to go to dmv and send them a vehicle history report.my story checked out and i am now free from this bull shit YEEE!!!!THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT!!!!

--------------------

SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Would you like me to go out N shank them for you? I'll make them pay YOU 2k

TRUE [dance] FTW! [worship]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:
jus got them off my back on this one having the release wasnt enough i had to go to dmv and send them a vehicle history report.my story checked out and i am now free from this bull shit YEEE!!!!THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT!!!!

Good shit moe

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com