Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Machine shop recommendations....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Machine shop recommendations....
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I'm in need of some machining work like decking N possibly porting heads N get my intake ported to match that. I'm looking for anything near me with reasonable prices.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one memeber here, I think it was HYFLODS, is in SF and does port work.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turbo50 swears by Dave's engine machine in Newark.... I trust him and they did all the work to my cylinder heads... Plus they are one of few shows to convert pedestal mount to stud mount rockers...

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Duh' Winning
¯
Member # 10713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duh' Winning  Ford pictures for Duh' Winning    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
one memeber here, I think it was HYFLODS, is in SF and does port work.

+1 for Dave HYFLOHDS does great work

--------------------
Duh' Winning- Charlie Sheen

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Step your game up 351 or better [Big Grin]
Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:

Don't worry my long term plan will be a dart 351 maybe with a good amount of boost!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

JUNKYARD5.0
¯
Member # 10398

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUNKYARD5.0  Ford pictures for JUNKYARD5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you tried Jim's Machine Shop in Redwood Toby with the S2000 does decent work at cool price, I think he's by fair oaks somewhere.

--------------------
"My team doesn't make hits, we hit home runs"
86 Coupe-Storage
91 Coupe-Sold
91 Hatch-In Progress...
04 SVT-RIP

Posts: 1854 | From: WEST Menlo | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by JUNKYARD5.0:
Have you tried Jim's Machine Shop in Redwood Toby with the S2000 does decent work at cool price, I think he's by fair oaks somewhere.

Any ideas on price? Ever had them machine something for u?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] daves machine ftw [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:

Heard they were good. Know if they are busy like it'll take long to get my stuff done kinda quick?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

Heard they were good. Know if they are busy like it'll take long to get my stuff done kinda quick?
they are the best, but it also depends on what your looking to get, bore .30 over cleaning ,honing and assembly etc.

[ June 25, 2012, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: 2T0NE ]

--------------------
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:

Don't worry my long term plan will be a dart 351 maybe with a good amount of boost!
Save your money for that!
[Big Grin]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:

they are the best, but it also depends on what your looking to get, bore .30 over cleaning ,honing and assembly etc.
All I need is to get my heads N intake ported N to be decked or whatever its called to make shure they're flat.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

All I need is to get my heads N intake ported N to be decked or whatever its called to make shure they're flat.
im sure they can handle that,but just so you know once you do that your heads and intake will only work with each other,meaning you cant seperate them or change them ,meaning u cant swap intakes or or vice versa,but you will solid fully ported

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

im sure they can handle that,but just so you know once you do that your heads and intake will only work with each other,meaning you cant seperate them or change them ,meaning u cant swap intakes or or vice versa,but you will solid fully ported
I thought you could always get another intake ported to match?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought you could always get another intake ported to match?
yea you could, but when you deck the heads you shave a bit off depending on how much u shave off ofcourse you mite have to machine the intake aswell on top of that you raise the compression a bit.shit if u dont shave much off you mite be ok,but im not a expert ...call a shop they will explain better

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

So decking is getting the heads to be flat or is it something else? I'd be happy with them being flat with light port N intake to match

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

QuarterHorse'93'
¯
Member # 11882

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuarterHorse'93'  Ford pictures for QuarterHorse'93'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dave's Engine Machine all the way. If they mill a large amount from head surface they will have to mill the intake as well to match. They milled and port matched my intake, heads and 1 3/4's headers. Awesome job bringing my 64cc chamber Dart heads down to a 58cc chamber, but then you need a deeper fly cut in the piston. You should at minimum check them out. Talk to Angie, Dave's daughter. She may surprise you. If there to pricey for you. Check out Hubbards Machine off of Meekland in Hayward. Very well priced machine work & honest people, Jimmie does the head work there.

--------------------
Facebook.com/bayareamustangassociation
BayAreaMustangAssociation.com -BAMA
Mustang Club of America-MCA
65 Coupe-QuarterHorse
04 Azure Blue Mach1

Posts: 167 | From: 510-East Bay | Registered: Apr 2012  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what heads are they? Whatt CC are they at now? Do they need to be taken down?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
what heads are they? Whatt CC are they at now? Do they need to be taken down?

They're the same heads as yours.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Neight wants his heads only resurfaced (and ported), not milled. [Smile]
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Neight wants his heads only resurfaced (and ported), not milled. [Smile]

Well you might be right if that's what it's called to get them nice N flat to be ready to go on.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

QuarterHorse'93'
¯
Member # 11882

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuarterHorse'93'  Ford pictures for QuarterHorse'93'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Then keep it simple and inexpensive. Go to Hubbards Machine in Hayward, talk to Jimie.

--------------------
Facebook.com/bayareamustangassociation
BayAreaMustangAssociation.com -BAMA
Mustang Club of America-MCA
65 Coupe-QuarterHorse
04 Azure Blue Mach1

Posts: 167 | From: 510-East Bay | Registered: Apr 2012  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

quote:
Originally posted by QuarterHorse:
Then keep it simple and inexpensive. Go to Hubbards Machine in Hayward, talk to Jimie.

+10

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com