Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » LETS GO OAKLAND A's thread (Page 17)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: LETS GO OAKLAND A's thread
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
hmm bartolo colon back don't know about this move

Typical A's move. Sign extensions for all Steroid/PED users! Bring back the golden years/89..... Still won't get you guys past the first round....
Did not like this move one bit. Don't get what this fat fuck is going to bring to this team!

And please, Giants are just as bad! They had Barry Balco and still couldn't bring it home in 2002! I think 2012 is tainted cause of Melky but that's my opinion. Who knows what would of happened if he didn't play for you guys at all during the season. The world will never know!

Like I said Giants fans, revel in your victory cause you know our turn will come! [Wink]

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:
Originally posted by 510Notch:
quote:
congratulatins billy beane 2012 mlb executive of the year [patriot] working miracles with a 55million payroll.

what is this miracle you speak of.....A's making the playoffs by the skin of their teeth or is it getting a head start for next season after facing the Tigers.....maybe its how they did NOT win the world series, is that the "miracle" your talking about??

ok, ok yeah, yeah 55 million dollar payroll....if they dont win the big game that has ZERO meaning!

Funny how Giants fans all of a sudden have a voice after winning a couple championships. I guess we should start comparing you guys to the fucking Yankees already. Quit trolling on this thread and enjoy your team while it's hot. Shit don't last forever. [Wink]
this isnt a "my Giants won the world series" shit talking. Its more like why in the fucken world do A's fans bring up money spent on talent??

Yankees = big money
Athletics = small money

^^both teams didnt bring home the trophy, why even brag about how much your team spent.....at this point its meaningless

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:
quote:
congratulatins billy beane 2012 mlb executive of the year [patriot] working miracles with a 55million payroll.

what is this miracle you speak of.....A's making the playoffs by the skin of their teeth or is it getting a head start for next season after facing the Tigers.....maybe its how they did NOT win the world series, is that the "miracle" your talking about??

ok, ok yeah, yeah 55 million dollar payroll....if they dont win the big game that has ZERO meaning!

Funny how Giants fans all of a sudden have a voice after winning a couple championships. I guess we should start comparing you guys to the fucking Yankees already. Quit trolling on this thread and enjoy your team while it's hot. Shit don't last forever. [Wink]
this isnt a "my Giants won the world series" shit talking. Its more like why in the fucken world do A's fans bring up money spent on talent??

Yankees = big money
Athletics = small money

^^both teams didnt bring home the trophy, why even brag about how much your team spent.....at this point its meaningless

He won "executive" of the year for taking a nothing payroll and making a competitive team. That's why it is relevant for the award and the conversation at hand.
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
billy beane does wonders with a cash strapped team that's why he's the best in baseball..not any other gm can do wat he does.we had 5 starting rookie pitchers take us to the playoffs,while the giants had a 20 million zito,a 20 million bullpen guy a 117 million payroll and we both had the same records 94-68 that's money well spent..giants will always hate on the A's cuz there secondary to us we have 4 rings they have 2 [patriot] [worship]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
billy beane does wonders with a cash strapped team that's why he's the best in baseball..not any other gm can do wat he does.we had 5 starting rookie pitchers take us to the playoffs,while the giants had a 20 million zito,a 20 million bullpen guy a 117 million payroll and we both had the same records 94-68 that's money well spent..giants will always hate on the A's cuz there secondary to us we have 4 rings they have 2 [patriot] [worship]

"Money well spent" on what? matching the record of another team?? If that was the A's goal the whole season. well then, I salute the A's on that accomplishment [patriot]

since were using the season records for a measuring stick for success....what was the 2012 Tigers reg season W/L record again?? you know the same Detroit tigers who eliminated the A's, swept the Yankees and made it all the way to the world series....with a 88-74 reg season record

^^if you dont go all the way its just more meaningless records.

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

quote:
quote:

"Money well spent" on what? matching the record of another team?? If that was the A's goal the whole season. well then, I salute the A's on that accomplishment [patriot]

since were using the season records for a measuring stick for success....what was the 2012 Tigers reg season W/L record again?? you know the same Detroit tigers who eliminated the A's, swept the Yankees and made it all the way to the world series....with a 88-74 reg season record

^^if you dont go all the way its just more meaningless records.

You are seriously going to continue talking about this? The Giants spent countless of dollars for years with nothing to show? Where those years meaningless to Giants fans? I am an A's fan and had fun watching the Giants those years too when they were competitive.

The point is this was supposed to be ANOTHER rebuilding year for us and it turned into a competitive and fun year to watch with the little payroll we had. Of course it sucks that we did not win it all as it probably sucked for Giants fans from 1958-2009. Doesn't mean any year is meaningless as you say.

[ November 09, 2012, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: SEMPERFI510 ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Giants have 7 rings if you want to go back into time [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

and your point is? we have 4 in oakland and 9 total.4 since 1968 while giants have 2 since 1958 sounds better to me. [patriot] [worship]

--------------------

88cobraclone
¯
Member # 10958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88cobraclone  Ford pictures for 88cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

and your point is? we have 4 in oakland and 9 total.4 since 1968 while giants have 2 since 1958 sounds better to me. [patriot] [worship]
Lmao! How far do they wanna go back to feel special?
[worship] [worship] [worship]

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

BOB MELVIN 2012 AL MANAGER OF THE YEAR AND BILLY BEANE 2012 EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR OMG LETS GO OAKLAND LETS GO [patriot] [worship] [worship] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
BOB MELVIN 2012 AL MANAGER OF THE YEAR AND BILLY BEANE 2012 EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR OMG LETS GO OAKLAND LETS GO [patriot] [worship] [worship] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

By let's go, I assume you mean to the first round on a budget, THEN TO YOUR COUCHES, right [Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

quote:
quote:

By let's go, I assume you mean to the first round on a budget, THEN TO YOUR COUCHES, right [Confused]
quit sippin on that haterade give credit to where its due dont be jealous no giants coaches or gm got any awards,just a measly 2nd ring lol

--------------------

slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol these arguments will never end. GO GIANTS
Kaniwest95GT
¯
Member # 9730

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaniwest95GT  Ford pictures for Kaniwest95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
True we all know our A's has better records then the Giants as of right now but think we should talk shit to our rivals down south instead LA Dodgers and LA Angels and San Diego.

--------------------
95 mustang Gt
93 mustang Coupe

Posts: 368 | From: Hayward,CA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

SWEEP LETS GO OAKLAND 5-2 1ST PLACE [patriot]
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just about to start a new one. Right on for TTTing this. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Reddick's Golden Glove?...

True story....

Had a Giants fan, Posey jersey and all, come in to my parts department and ask for a transmission dipstick for a vehicle that doesn't have one...I told him his model doesn't have one and I asked him for year make and model mulitiple times..He was so pissed, and almost threw a tantrum...Then finally realised he told me the wrong year...lol
Moral of the story, and even told the customer to his face, Giants fans are often wrong [patriot]

Go A's!!!

[ 2013-04-07, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: BlackNGold ]

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
West W L PCT GB L10
OAK 5 2 .714 - 5-2 W5
TEX 4 2 .667 0.5 4-2 W1
SEA 3 4 .429 2.0 3-4 L2
LAA 2 4 .333 2.5 2-4 L1
HOU 1 5 .167 3.5 1-5 L5

5 in a row & first place [Cool]

--------------------

Kaniwest95GT
¯
Member # 9730

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaniwest95GT  Ford pictures for Kaniwest95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lets go Oakland

--------------------
95 mustang Gt
93 mustang Coupe

Posts: 368 | From: Hayward,CA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

TOWN BUZZINESS 4 TIME WS CHAMPS [patriot] [worship]

--------------------

Bulkster90
¯
Member # 11621

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulkster90  Ford pictures for Bulkster90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oaaaaaaaakland...
88cobraclone
¯
Member # 10958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88cobraclone  Ford pictures for 88cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lets go OAKLAND!! Were on fire!!! Fuck the Giants, Angels, Texas, Mariners, Astros! FTW! [worship]
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Damn that's 6 in a row now. Coco smacked another one. [Eek!]

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

68 million dollar payroll beating a 140 million payroll go OAKLAND THE BEST BASEBALL TEAM IN THE BAY AREA 4 TIME CHAMPS [patriot] [worship]

--------------------

90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Town bizz fuck haters

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

Page: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  42  43  44   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com