Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New Boss 302 Laguna Vs. ZL1 Camaro (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Boss 302 Laguna Vs. ZL1 Camaro
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they should wait to put that thing up against the GT500 to make it a little more interesting [patriot]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=OE4AH4DZtEI&NR=1

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
dmostz
¯
Member # 11760

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmostz  Ford pictures for dmostz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:
they should wait to put that thing up against the GT500 to make it a little more interesting [patriot]

Much agreed.. Even so, 140hp difference and only 2 seconds faster? Not impressed.
Posts: 74 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2012  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dmostz:
quote:
Originally posted by Chavez66:

Much agreed.. Even so, 140hp difference and only 2 seconds faster? Not impressed.
exactly what i said, seems like a fail for the ZL1? and i bet that things cost alot more also [Razz]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Rinna90
¯
Member # 6850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rinna90  Ford pictures for Rinna90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd take the mustang and the extra 12 grand I would save put them together and smack the maro around all day.
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all you have to do is add a blower to the mustang or a turbo it will eat up the zl1. i would mutch rather have the stang

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ouch, lap times don't lie. But, the camaro has a huge advantage in power to weight ratio. That doesn't just add up to the .4 on the straight like the video says. Every corner exit equals more time the camaro is gaining. Kind of a stupid test, equalize the power to weight and then see what happens. That will tell you which chassis really is better.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The boss is faster than a camaro ss by a 1.4 seconds
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
word is the new 2013 gt500 is faster than the laguna seca boss at most tracks, so that should be a good comparison for the zl1 [Smile]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
word is the new 2013 gt500 is faster than the laguna seca boss at most tracks, so that should be a good comparison for the zl1 [Smile]

That's what I'm waiting for, even out the playing field with price range, and power

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read that comparison the other day and knew about it several months back. It is by far the worst example of irresponsible automotive journalism I have ever encountered. Had this run across my desk I would have sent the contributor packing. Completely irrelevant comparison and reeks of pandering to an already faltering Camaro image. (Then again, why am I not surprised.) The Boss (5.0 Mustang in general,too) has already proven itself in the court of public opinion in terms of styling and has solidified a place in automotive history on the merit of an established SCCA record and Formuls D pedigree going back to 2005.

In layman's terms...
Fucking stupidest test comparison ever.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It didn't do bad, this is why people use 140HP Miatas and keep up with cars with twice as much power in autocross.

The mustang was 400LB's underweight, the GT500 is going to be as heavy, if not heavier than the ZL1.

OH, Just throw a supercharger on the mustang! (no shit, they are already doing that...)

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well like the guy said, even with the power disparity, it still would have gone 2 seconds slower. but i deff agree that the gt500 is the car to compare.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
I read that comparison the other day and knew about it several months back. It is by far the worst example of irresponsible automotive journalism I have ever encountered. Had this run across my desk I would have sent the contributor packing. Completely irrelevant comparison and reeks of pandering to an already faltering Camaro image. (Then again, why am I not surprised.) The Boss (5.0 Mustang in general,too) has already proven itself in the court of public opinion in terms of styling and has solidified a place in automotive history on the merit of an established SCCA record and Formuls D pedigree going back to 2005.

In layman's terms...
Fucking stupidest test comparison ever.

Well said I totally agree, I don't think there even on the same level and way too one sided

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Camaros suck and theyre ugly too.Lol. [patriot]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:

Well said aha I can't wait for the Shelby and ZL1 Vid to come out

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:

I agree with you 100% [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I highly doubt that Chevy will allow their zl1 to run against the gt500 cause they don't want Ford to put them to shame... Their car wouldn't stand a chance even they they're running a 6.2 against a 5.8! Ford FTW!

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
85TTOP
¯
Member # 9536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85TTOP  Ford pictures for 85TTOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that's what i was thinking. How do they compare a supercharged with a non supercharged car and test it to see who's faster. Mustang with no blower still kept up and is right behind. so I'll give it to the Shelby which I highly doubt they would do because it would put Chevy in a bad spot and would ruin their hopes to keep up with ford.
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:
It didn't do bad, this is why people use 140HP Miatas and keep up with cars with twice as much power in autocross.

The mustang was 400LB's underweight, the GT500 is going to be as heavy, if not heavier than the ZL1.

OH, Just throw a supercharger on the mustang! (no shit, they are already doing that...)

Not a chance. The new GT500 is a good 300 pounds lighter than the ZL1. It weighs in around 3800.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
Originally posted by Wrenchin:

Not a chance. The new GT500 is a good 300 pounds lighter than the ZL1. It weighs in around 3800.
You sir are correct, I only have 1 picture to put these questions to rest. The camaro is just ugly ass hell and can't compete with looks of the GT500

-

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
win!
 -

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And I'll raise you a
 -

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Riase you a ZR1
 -

--------------------
fast and cool shit

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ I raise you a Saleen S7 TT
Checkmate [Cool]
Find a Chevy better then that. [Wink]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

LINGENFELTER TT Z06 1100rwhp pump gas.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com