Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » MJ vs Kobe or Lebron (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: MJ vs Kobe or Lebron
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Youngsters, listen up!

Jordan, Bird, Magic. Repeat that several times until it sinks in.

Durant? Lebron? They have worlds to conquer before they are allowed in the same sentence as the three guys I mentioned.

Now go change your diapers cause it's starting to smell bad in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NHRD10DmCc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[ April 03, 2012, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jordan, Kobe. LeBron shouldn't even be on this he's phony, along with Griffen.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
Le Bron is out. I might have to roll with Kobe on this one. Although MJ was definitely a better team player than Kobe, Kobe is a little quicker, with slightly more handles than MJ. MJ was a better jumper, and has a better jumper, but Kobe has better D and with that Kobe wins 3 out of 5.

I have to respectfully disagree bro Michael Jordan was quicker than both of them. Michael is more clutch and just has much better leadership qualities and not to mention Jordan was one of the best defenders of his era

--------------------
03 Terminator

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WR86xLSITc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And like I stated before magic is better than Kobe in my opinion. The way I look at it is who would you pick to start your franchise with. To me that's easy. First would be Jordan then magic and everyone else is in their class is third

--------------------
03 Terminator

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well you cannot compare MJ to anyone. So that is a mute point. MJ = G.O.A.T

Lebron is by far the superior pure athlete compared to anyone in the league. But he lacks one thing that cannot be taught.... HEART. He lacks that killer instinct that Kobe and MJ have. And his hoop IQ is pretty low for a super star. He gets by on his pure athleticism.

Kobe is a proven product and deserves a spot right next to MJ. But not greater. He finds a way to get it done. And his killer instinct is up there with MJ. He just tends to cry and pout too much for my taste.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how the hell is james the best athlete? case and point?

im guessing he runs a faster mile or lifts more iron? but that dont get him to sink a few in the 4TH when the game is on the line.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC70STANG:

im guessing he runs a faster mile or lifts more iron? but that dont get him to sink a few in the 4TH when the game is on the line.

As a athlete LBJ is a freak of nature at 6'8 270. Stronger, faster, more agile, naturally bigger than Kobe or MJ (actually MJ may have been more agile). I love MJ and out of respect for the game like Kobe. But neither of them can play all 5 positions. LBJ can play and guard all 5 positions. His athleticism allows him to get a away with things other NBA players cannot. Case in point, although he is doing it less this year. But he almost ALWAYS jumps in the air to make passes. That is pretty much the first rule of hoop, "Do not leave your feet to make passes". Being the athlete he is it pretty much works for him all the time. He just lacks the things I pointed out earlier. Which is similar to what you pointed out. And just to draw a similarity, I am a Piston fan so I hope folks are familiar with Ben Wallace. The 4 time defensive player of the year, led the league in rebounds and blocked shots 2 years in a row. Well LeBron is his size, with Vince Carter like ups, CP3 like speed, covers ground like Durant on the fast break and strength like Anthony Mason. Freak of nature.

[ April 03, 2012, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Michael Jordan: 6 NBA Finals, 6 rings. 6/6.

Lebron James: 2 NBA Finals, 0 rings. 0/2.

Lebron James scored 8 points in Game 4 of the 2011 NBA Finals against the Mavs.

A sick Jordan scored 38 points in Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals against the Jazz.

If you really believe that lebron is better than Jordan, maybe you have to think about it once again.

whats kobes championship 5/7?

this^^^ /disscusion

that durant guy i can see being a beast in a few years after watchin that video

[ April 03, 2012, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT 03 Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think everyone needs to also remember that jordan and kobe also had Phil jackson. He is a legend in himself and the true lord of the rings.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

As a athlete LBJ is a freak of nature at 6'8 270. Stronger, faster, more agile, naturally bigger than Kobe or MJ (actually MJ may have been more agile). I love MJ and out of respect for the game like Kobe. But neither of them can play all 5 positions. LBJ can play and guard all 5 positions. His athleticism allows him to get a away with things other NBA players cannot. Case in point, although he is doing it less this year. But he almost ALWAYS jumps in the air to make passes. That is pretty much the first rule of hoop, "Do not leave your feet to make passes". Being the athlete he is it pretty much works for him all the time. He just lacks the things I pointed out earlier. Which is similar to what you pointed out. And just to draw a similarity, I am a Piston fan so I hope folks are familiar with Ben Wallace. The 4 time defensive player of the year, led the league in rebounds and blocked shots 2 years in a row. Well LeBron is his size, with Vince Carter like ups, CP3 like speed, covers ground like Durant on the fast break and strength like Anthony Mason. Freak of nature.
BINGO! This is what i was saying! i believe they will win the championship this year. ...

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

BINGO! This is what i was saying! i believe they will win the championship this year. ...
Not this year.
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just to make things clear, i dont think lebron and durant are in the same talks as far as best ever like mj or kobe. i do know that they eventually will. will they surpass mj or kobe? idk maybe, maybe not. what i do know for sure is that, they have the skills and tools to become a mj and kobe.

and yes, lebron is a FREAK OF NATURE. best athlete nba has ever seen. im a mj fan and dislike both kobe and lebron but if i had to bet who would win in a game of 21, id put my money on lebron.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

As a athlete LBJ is a freak of nature at 6'8 270. Stronger, faster, more agile, naturally bigger than Kobe or MJ (actually MJ may have been more agile). I love MJ and out of respect for the game like Kobe. But neither of them can play all 5 positions. LBJ can play and guard all 5 positions. His athleticism allows him to get a away with things
other NBA players cannot. Case in point, although he is doing it less this year. But he almost ALWAYS jumps in the air to make passes. That is pretty much the first rule of hoop, "Do not leave your feet to make passes". Being the athlete he is it pretty much works for him all the time. He just lacks the things I pointed out earlier. Which is similar to what you pointed out. And just to draw a similarity, I am a Piston fan so I hope folks are familiar with Ben Wallace. The 4 time defensive player of the year, led the league in rebounds and blocked shots 2 years in a row. Well LeBron is his size, with Vince Carter like ups, CP3 like speed, covers ground like
Durant on the fast break and strength like Anthony Mason. Freak of nature.

Too bad he has the heart of andres biedrens and the shooting range of Dennis Rodman. You say he can play all positions but he can't shoot long range jumpers to save his life.

--------------------
03 Terminator

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

As a athlete LBJ is a freak of nature at 6'8 270. Stronger, faster, more agile, naturally bigger than Kobe or MJ (actually MJ may have been more agile). I love MJ and out of respect for the game like Kobe. But neither of them can play all 5 positions. LBJ can play and guard all 5 positions. His athleticism allows him to get a away with things
other NBA players cannot. Case in point, although he is doing it less this year. But he almost ALWAYS jumps in the air to make passes. That is pretty much the first rule of hoop, "Do not leave your feet to make passes". Being the athlete he is it pretty much works for him all the time. He just lacks the things I pointed out earlier. Which is similar to what you pointed out. And just to draw a similarity, I am a Piston fan so I hope folks are familiar with Ben Wallace. The 4 time defensive player of the year, led the league in rebounds and blocked shots 2 years in a row. Well LeBron is his size, with Vince Carter like ups, CP3 like speed, covers ground like

Too bad he has the heart of andres biedrens and the shooting range of Dennis Rodman. You say he can play all positions but he can't shoot long range jumpers to save his life.
jordan was not a great shooter either. you dont need to be a good shooter to be good in any position. lebron also has a better shooting percentage than kobe. but you are right about heart. he has none.

[ April 04, 2012, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: a302juGRnuat ]

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

LBJ is actually shooting a very decent percentage (36%) from the stripe. And he worked on his low post game a lot. His heart will forever be in question, and I always say you cannot teach heart. But to compare his shooting to Rodman is absurd. Just to add, I am not a LBJ fan.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've always thought it was funny how people consider low ass percentage shooting is good.

BTW N8 pass that shit kuz you obviously got that good shit! [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

slow4v
¯
Member # 9403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slow4v  Ford pictures for slow4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2T0NE:
jordan first and kobe second..why the fuck is lebron even in the discussion ????

+ 11111111111111 [Confused]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I've always thought it was funny how people consider low ass percentage shooting is good.

BTW N8 pass that shit kuz you obviously got that good shit! [patriot]

36% is from the stripe. Which is not the bulk of his game anyway. But inside the stripe he is 54%. I do not have hard stats but I would guess he may average 3-4 dunks per game so 6-8 points of his 27ppg. So yes, I still say to compare him to Rodman, is misplaced. Lets not forget LBJ is a SF.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

3/9???? GOAT alright [Embarrassed]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com