Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » HUGE Thank You's (Road Racer's Unite!)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HUGE Thank You's (Road Racer's Unite!)
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not everyday that people say THANK YOU to the "good" people in this Mustang community, and it's even more rare nowadays to actually meet "good" people who are actually willing to go out of their way to help out one another. I was thinking about my Faleen today and looking back at all the time and money I spent getting it to where it is now...then it came to me that CAFORDS played a HUGE roll in making this build and my new found love, road racing, a reality. Yea, I know...its sentimental time fellas [Razz]

I just want shout out the people that helped me get into the sport and that have supported me with cheap/free parts, excellent installations, and great advice [patriot] And to think, some of these guys I've yet to meet in person [worship]

9COBRA7: Greg is who I call my "mentor" at the track and the person who finally got me to go to my first trackday. One of the most solid guys you'd meet! He has also hooked me up with a bunch of parts at ridiculously cheap prices, ie: T/A, PHB, solid steering shaft, brake pads, etc!

SFCoupe: Tim was generous enough to shoot me a PM and offer me a SCREAMING deal on set of "real" race brake pads when he heard my cry for help after my first trackday. He has also provided me with answers to fabbing up my "boxed-in" radiator and other misc questions I had.

Harley56: Although he rarely posts on here, Dave has reached out to me with great "racing advice" and was VERY generous by donating (YES, for free!) a set of 5-pt Autopower harnesses. I've never met Dave, but because "road racers unite," he hooked a brother up [Whoo Whooooo!]

4IDFOX: Another "racer" that I've never met in person but still gave me a great deal on a MOMO Monte Carlo steering wheel is Troy.

F.O.D. (Jonathan & Mitch): These guys were cool as shit from the get-go! They gave me great advice on what roll bar setup to go with and did a phenomenal job on installing it! They were very informative and let me know what needed improvements/modifications on my setup before they performed the work. I have nothing but good things to say about these guys and their shop! I look forward to doing more "projects" with them very soon [Wink]

TOPNotch: Chris is the best of the best when it comes to installs (in my opinion)! The guy knows his shit, and not just where to install the parts. He gets down into the smallest details to make sure the install is done right. I've never met a mechanic who was so detail-oriented when installing parts and knew so much of the "fine print" involved in making sure the job was done "right." From properly squaring my K-member, to the correct ride height for my shocks/struts, etc. What more can I say?!?! He even took the day off work from his regular job to finish my car so I can make it to the track!!! Now that's dedication! [worship]

Snakebit: Jay was also one of the main reasons why I finally made it out to the track last year. Unfortunately, his car took a shit on him and his dad on our first outting to the track...but I sure hope he comes out to play more often this season! [burnout]

SteveL, BizkitBrain, and Blind: I've never met these guys in person either but they've both provided me with great advice on road racing as well.

Once I get my car back and cleaned up I'll post pics of all the "goodies" that these guys helped me with. But in the meantime, CHEERS fellas [dance]

[ February 08, 2012, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's awesome. Open track is an amazing thing!

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks it's been great having you as a client and friend. Good luck! See you on Saturday.

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No problem Ian, thanks for the thanks. Did you get the steering shaft put on yet?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
That's awesome. Open track is an amazing thing!

Yes it is [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
Thanks it's been great having you as a client and friend. Good luck! See you on Saturday.

Thanks Jon! See you saturday!

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
No problem Ian, thanks for the thanks. Did you get the steering shaft put on yet?

No problem Greg [Wink] Yes, the steering shaft is in and I'm getting my car back today [dance]

--------------------

Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GROUP HUG
SnakeForce
¯
Member # 9313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeForce  Ford pictures for SnakeForce    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+1 bro see you saturday [patriot]

--------------------
03 tangelo Snake
03 f150 harley Davidson

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] Glad to be of help.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TorchRed03:
GROUP HUG

damn right group hug for sure! [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Sickgt03hd:
quote:

+1 bro see you saturday [patriot]
Thanks Mitch! See you guys saturday [burnout]

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
[patriot] Glad to be of help.

Thank you sir [patriot] The brakes worked flawlessly! Unfortunatley I wore them down to their limit and are now being replaced.

--------------------

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pictures and videos ian! [patriot]

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Saleen9675
¯
Member # 9207

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Saleen9675  Ford pictures for Saleen9675    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FordRyderz510:
pictures and videos ian! [patriot]

+1 [burnout]
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Road racers are a tight knit bunch. At one track day, I think his cafords handle was wingnut, gave me a freakin' set of Hawk brake pads when mine fried. I had the cash, he wouldn't take anything for them. Back in the day when I used to drag race, it was more of a feeling of competition rather than camaraderie. Probably because you have to trust other drivers a LOT more when you're on a road course.
Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
Road racers are a tight knit bunch. At one track day, I think his cafords handle was wingnut, gave me a freakin' set of Hawk brake pads when mine fried. I had the cash, he wouldn't take anything for them. Back in the day when I used to drag race, it was more of a feeling of competition rather than camaraderie. Probably because you have to trust other drivers a LOT more when you're on a road course.

that is so true. There is a night and day difference between the 2. I only have ever been to Shelby club envents, but I would like to make it to others to meet all of you guys
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
quote:

that is so true. There is a night and day difference between the 2. I only have ever been to Shelby club envents, but I would like to make it to others to meet all of you guys
I've yet to run with Shelby Club, although I'm a member [Big Grin] I'm hoping to come out to at least Mini Nats this year. [patriot]

But as stated, it does seem that road racers/open trackers are much friendlier than drag racers [Razz] . I doubt you'd get a group of punks plotting to steal your car at a trackday at Infineon or T-hill...but I'm sure shit like that happens at Sac Raceway all the time [Embarrassed]

[ February 10, 2012, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
quote:

I've yet to run with Shelby Club, although I'm a member [Big Grin] I'm hoping to come out to at least Mini Nats this year. [patriot]

But as stated, it does seem that road racers/open trackers are much friendlier than drag racers [Razz] . I doubt you'd get a group of punks plotting to steal your car at a trackday at Infineon or T-hill...but I'm sure shit like that happens at Sac Raceway all the time [Embarrassed]

I bet it does. lol

This years Mini Nats is on my birthday so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME lol

Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id still rather be on bigs and littles in a staging lane waiting to drive the piss out of my car for 1,320 feet of straight line..

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is BS. Drag racers are cool. I am going to kick your a$$!

Ha Ha just kidding. LOL!

We have a good core group of drag racers at Infineon. However, there can be over 300 cars out there so there will be some riff raff that shows up once in a while. I have definitely made some really great friends at the drag strip and so has my dad over in the motorcycle class.

I hope to meet some of you guys on the road course this season. My car is on stands right now waiting for the new clutch and TKO that I just assembled to go in, then I'll break it in and head to the strip and the track. I really want to hit Infineon and T-hill this season at least once.

I liked your message and it is cool to see that there are some stand-up guys out there including yourself that are helping to keep our hobby enjoyable.

Craig

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Holstermaker
¯
Member # 11548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holstermaker  Ford pictures for Holstermaker  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice of you giving thanks. That is very nice.
I know several of the people you thanked and they are "good people"
I would like to defend some drag stuff, not hi-jack.

I have a drag car and run a full season along with road racing for many years. I'm probably only one of a very few. I have helped, gave parts away, loaned many tools, given oil/fuel/filters many times, loaned helmets, loaned a battery to a opponent before a final elimination and just about anything and never had a problem with returning tools, etc except twice. Both at Thunderhill!
The people are friendly at both and I have made many friends from Buttonwillow to Medford. However, all my drag races were at NHRA ET Bracket Races, which caters to the more mature person with generally a very expensive race car.
I can say without a doubt ET Drag Racing is the most difficult car-sport I ever was involved with period...and now feel like just road racing.
Just my observations!

[ May 24, 2012, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Holstermaker ]

--------------------
Holstermaker
Ex NASA AI #10 West
Ex ARC GT2 #10

Posts: 34 | From: Far Nor Cal | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com