Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CARB can Blow Me!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CARB can Blow Me!
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.kcra.com/news/30317261/detail.html

Government for the People by the People huh guess that doesn't apply in CA!

Anyone who works at or supports CARB can eat a hot shit sandwich!

[ January 27, 2012, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i understand it sucks that our government is telling us what to do, but what would be your solution to fixing the smog/pollution problem caused by all the cars on our roads??
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I shake my head everytime I find or interact with people who vote for liberal politicians and wonder why are state is fucked up. You would be shocked if you really checked out peoples records and backgrounds before you vote for them.

Do a little research before you vote for people. Most voters only look at a R or a D and make their decision. [Frown]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/06/the-chevy-volt-is-barack-obamas-edsel/

Lol electric cars are not the answer. And after reading this of course te government would mandate More electric cars lol

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
http://www.kcra.com/news/30317261/detail.html

CARB is an extremely overpowered agency... and you've met a CARB employee... my girlfriend! Haha but she works in the Off-Road section, mainly regulating on construction equipment.

quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
i understand it sucks that our government is telling us what to do, but what would be your solution to fixing the smog/pollution problem caused by all the cars on our roads??

I think a decent fix would be to reduce the average total travel time (and total time on the road "polluting") by decreasing traffic congestion and raising speed limits, and eliminating speed limits all together between cities and outside of urban centers.
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
[qb] http://www.kcra.com/news/30317261/detail.html

CARB is an extremely overpowered agency... and you've met a CARB employee... my girlfriend! Haha but she works in the Off-Road section, mainly regulating on construction equipment.

LOL that's right she does well that doesn't apply to her then LOL
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

A good start would be if they had more E85 stations in California, I know there are plenty of Flex Fuel vehicles that don't get to take full advantage of their car. Plus there would be more cars converting over to it if one was at every station.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:

A good start would be if they had more E85 stations in California, I know there are plenty of Flex Fuel vehicles that don't get to take full advantage of their car. Plus there would be more cars converting over to it if one was at every station.
Why would anyone NOT looking for extra power convert to E85 when, volume for volume, it's less efficient than gasoline? There's no chance I'd run it in my DD, all else being equal. I hate the fact that they dilute the pump gas 10%etoh nowadays anyway.
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
quote:

Why would anyone NOT looking for extra power convert to E85 when, volume for volume, it's less efficient than gasoline? There's no chance I'd run it in my DD, all else being equal. I hate the fact that they dilute the pump gas 10%etoh nowadays anyway.
Using it in a non-performance application would be tree huggers, or people who want to feel like their making a difference. If converting over made you smog exempt I'm sure a lot of people would do it just to save the time/hassle of having to do it every other year.

From a performance side, I think there would be a lot more people using it and while doing so not killing the enviroment, making California happy.

When picking and choosing a E85 station I think it is up to the individual to test the quality of the fuel.

I agree with you on the fuel consumption as a daily driver stand point, it wouldn't be very efficient unless you lived close to work.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any government sponsored organization which is allowed to mandate products citizens purchase is opening a Pandora's Box of future similar legislation on any and all aspects of life. Think it through. As to the vehicle regulations, these regulations are hypocritical at their core and are at best short sighted. Where are the studies on the cost of disposal or recycle ability of the batteries of electric and hybrid cars? Cost of replacement of the batteries? The environmental cost to produce? NONE of this is mentioned.

As to the E85 debate. E85 is not mandated. E85 is a choice, for now. Understand this. The E10 you are currently running is causing your car to get roughly 3-5% lower fuel mileage. This not only impacts your pocket book but I have to ask the question; If I am burning more fuel am I not polluting more? Also, the push is to move to E15. This will impact your mileage by a total of 5-8%.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by copcar:
Any government sponsored organization which is allowed to mandate products citizens purchase is opening a Pandora's Box of future similar legislation on any and all aspects of life. Think it through. As to the vehicle regulations, these regulations are hypocritical at their core and are at best short sighted. Where are the studies on the cost of disposal or recycle ability of the batteries of electric and hybrid cars? Cost of replacement of the batteries? The environmental cost to produce? NONE of this is mentioned.

As to the E85 debate. E85 is not mandated. E85 is a choice, for now. Understand this. The E10 you are currently running is causing your car to get roughly 3-5% lower fuel mileage. This not only impacts your pocket book but I have to ask the question; If I am burning more fuel am I not polluting more? Also, the push is to move to E15. This will impact your mileage by a total of 5-8%.

+1

E85 is a piss poor alternative. Its made from corn. Corn is also a food and used to feed livestock and such. So if more people are using this corn based fuel, then the demand goes up for corn which means your going to pay alot more money for food.

Algae or hemp based fuels are what need to be implemented but it wont happen anytime soon. The big farmers and the goverment are making way too much money off of corn based ethanol to switch to anything else. Its a vicious cycle. [BS flag]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

06ragtopgt_SOS
¯
Member # 11327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Ford pictures for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
High horsepower muscle car wars and upcoming smog and fuel economy regulations? I'm way too young to know the actual facts, but isn't this exactly what happened in the 60s and 70s?

--------------------
Lame ass 2006 3V GT. Low and slow, all bark, no bite.

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup where are all these battery's going to go when were done with them? the expense of buying new ones when they go bad, or how about this, that no ones mentioned, that how do we charge these vehicles that run on electricity, from COAL that's how! And how is this better ? fucking retards

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Carb is just a business trying to make money that's it, they really don't care about air quality unless it has something to do with fire.
I have a good example with car parts with carb.
I put Ford Racing headers on my 95 GT 6-8 years ago, found out afterwards they aren't "carb legal", never had a smog person notice until last time i smogged it and now the headers ARE carb legal. WHAT changed since i bought them? I know, carb got paid by Ford to pass their part as smog legal.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Carb is just a business trying to make money that's it, they really don't care about air quality unless it has something to do with fire.
I have a good example with car parts with carb.
I put Ford Racing headers on my 95 GT 6-8 years ago, found out afterwards they aren't "carb legal", never had a smog person notice until last time i smogged it and now the headers ARE carb legal. WHAT changed since i bought them? I know, carb got paid by Ford to pass their part as smog legal.

+1

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am lucky the headers became smog legal because i would have failed the "visual" inspection even though for the past 6-8 years the car has passed smog with flying colors with the illegal headers on.

If carb really cared about the air quality they would have abolished the visual inspection and just tested what comes out of the exhaust pipe, cause really what smog comes off an engine by the way it looks.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes they are just another money making scheme with no real agenda other than your green. Nothing to do with the green they're supposed to represent. [BS flag]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

How about a decent public transportation system? There are over 30 million cars registered in CA, instead of paying $50 for a smog test, you can use that money (almost a billion dollars a year) towards mass transit. BART should circle the entire Bay Area connecting to light rail lines at major cities.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com