Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » T-top conversion (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: T-top conversion
fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fam_lace  Ford pictures for fam_lace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the car looks better like that I love t-tops some people need to know how to just give credit and keep the negative comments to there Self's but it is a free country lol great skills shit hope uti teach me some of that shit

[ December 31, 2011, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: fam_lace ]

--------------------
rip matt i love u cuz
351w h/c/I street car

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OP dont listen to the haters man, obviously youre doing something right if theyre hating. Jealousy can be a bitch for those people.

I love it! Very detailed and definately something different..if you ever want to sell...Im first in line! [Big Grin]

[ December 31, 2011, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: 66_5.0 ]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This sight is like The Twilight Zone.
I'm not jealous or hating. Its just the choice of car for the work. The work looks great, paint came ot nice and the engine bay is sick. My post is simply my opinion. Far from jealousy. I would have just picked a different car. As far as the idiot comment it was meant for all the people who jumped to conclusions that I was "hating or jealous". Thats that. [patriot]

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What did you do with the to the doors? Did you take the frames off that go around the side windows?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your mullet will be blowing in the wind, in no time at all!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Ls6 Fox
¯
Member # 9682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ls6 Fox  Ford pictures for Ls6 Fox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I chopped the window frame on the door and then had to raise the window up some so it will seal

--------------------
B-CUSTOMS Trim & Upholstery
Cobra #3786 ls6 coupe 383 stroker 590hp

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any water leaks have you tested it yet?

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice t tops! i v always liked the t top stangs..nice job on the custom.
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
86turbocoupe
¯
Member # 10454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86turbocoupe  Ford pictures for 86turbocoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BAD ASS FUCKING COBRA!!!!!! FUCK THE HATERS! ok now that i got that off my chest i got a few ????s. how hard would it be to do on a notch? and do i need a ttop notch roof or could a hatch be a donor? also u say u "raisded the windows? how? and did u take other pics of how u modified the doors and the "A" & "B" pillars? and what exactly did u use from the donor car?

--------------------
89lxhatch-rip
81 4cylinder swap-rip
86coupe- F303 1.7 RR bored and carb'd 309 5 lug mach1 brakeS DD FR500S bbk longtubes o/r h-pipe

fam_lace
¯
Member # 8565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fam_lace  Ford pictures for fam_lace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^^ yea what he said
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All the T-TOP peaces are the same for notch and hatch except for the year difference newer years had drain tubes and different drip rail moldings.

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of prices you charge for paint?

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That came out hella clean! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you sell it for?

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
your mullet will be blowing in the wind, in no time at all!

+1

Fuck that car, and yes I HATE IT. Not because its cool, because the car fucking sucks dick. The engine bay looks cool but the TTops are crap. Drive that shit into the pacific.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86turbocoupe:
BAD ASS FUCKING COBRA!!!!!! FUCK THE HATERS! ok now that i got that off my chest i got a few ????s. how hard would it be to do on a notch? and do i need a ttop notch roof or could a hatch be a donor? also u say u "raisded the windows? how? and did u take other pics of how u modified the doors and the "A" & "B" pillars? and what exactly did u use from the donor car?

Damn I wanna see that!! (Sounds Nice).

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice work very nice but u should of rented a spray booth unless u want a fat fine.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For all the people who weren't on here at the time. Who owns this Cobra now? I have never seen it in person.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
For all the people who weren't on here at the time. Who owns this Cobra now? I have never seen it in person.

I think it's the same one I saw in Vallejo owned by guy named Billy

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure how I missed this but my god this person should demand a refund from wyotech. They stole his money.

Now don't take this the wrong way but most of the following is for the safety and knowledge of those on this forum to prevent them from making some mistakes.

Nobody chops a top without bracing. Compressor right next to the gas water heater? And then spraying in there the way it looked with a nice cloud of paint(isocyanates can kill you-they can be absorbed thru any membrane). Nevermind the fact the oil compressor is pumping away a mist of oil every compression stroke(contaminates a potentionally good paint job) . Please tell me you at least shut off the water heater.(solvent based paint is highly flammable)

[ 2016-08-11, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes I noticed he didn't use bracing but hey I guess it didn't collapse on him if it all worked at the end. I know personally I'd put braces because I've seen people chop tops on their cars and have seen a few projects scrapped because of it collapsing itself. Now about all the other stuff you're talking about I wouldn't really know about it besides having good airflow and not breathing that stuff in.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
Not sure how I missed this but my god this person should demand a refund from wyotech. They stole his money.

Now don't take this the wrong way but most of the following is for the safety and knowledge of those on this forum to prevent them from making some mistakes.

Nobody chops a top without bracing. Compressor right next to the gas water heater? And then spraying in there the way it looked with a nice cloud of paint(isocyanates can kill you-they can be absorbed thru any membrane). Nevermind the fact the oil compressor is pumping away a mist of oil every compression stroke(contaminates a potentionally good paint job) . Please tell me you at least shut off the water heater.(solvent based paint is highly flammable)

Yeah, their are couple coupes on ca face edition who did the same conversion without using a brace. They just simply cut the a pillar and rivited the t top brace is what I see not even a tack weld was put on. So you if get in a front end crash what would happen will it hold up or not Idk? I would of weld the sucker in and put a roll bar.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by i:
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:

Yeah, their are couple coupes on ca face edition who did the same conversion without using a brace. They just simply cut the a pillar and rivited the t top brace is what I see not even a tack weld was put on. So you if get in a front end crash what would happen will it hold up or not Idk? I would of weld the sucker in and put a roll bar.
CAFords Facebook edition. LOL I see the most hacked up shit on there I don't even bother looking at peoples rides they're ALL buckets with so many damn issues. Then you see retards wishing they had the money to buy a coupe with half the interior missing gets swung on the weekly but has decent paint/wheels going for $6,500 obo talking about fully built with GT40 heads and a e-cam.

[ 2016-08-12, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com