Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sub enclosure for my ver

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sub enclosure for my ver
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone have some pics of some ported 12" boxes?? Im planning on putting a system in my ride soon.. Anybody in sac that builds them at a resonable price??

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

FISH
¯
Member # 10442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FISH  Ford pictures for FISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's a vert you should use a sealed box. It sounds cleaner.
Posts: 55 | From: SAN FRANCISCO | Registered: Nov 2010  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure you dont have the box all the way in when you drop the top or this will happen

-

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
Make sure you dont have the box all the way in when you drop the top or this will happen

-

Ahhh, that sucks! Damn verts flex to much!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dnt want a sealed enclosure... Thats out Of the question.. im gonna use a REI competition 12"...

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are the recommended dimensions of the box for that sub? U might be able to build one, its pretty easy.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I built a box for 4 12s in my convertible before it got stolen and stripped and found in San Leandro on Oriel st. Anyway it was 48"L x 12" tall the bottom was also 12" but the top has to be longer I think 14" because the back of the box was 8" so the trunk could close but it was sealed and it had dividers. Oh and I had to take out the latch and the weather stripping and the hindges have to go, haha but people could hear me before they would see me on the freeway. And it won't go too far in to break the window I wish I had pics but like I said fuck in theives have it. One day I'll find out who it was....

--------------------
No half steppin

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CHP2981:
I built a box for 4 12s in my convertible before it got stolen and stripped and found in San Leandro on Oriel st. Anyway it was 48"L x 12" tall the bottom was also 12" but the top has to be longer I think 14" because the back of the box was 8" so the trunk could close but it was sealed and it had dividers. Oh and I had to take out the latch and the weather stripping and the hindges have to go, haha but people could hear me before they would see me on the freeway. And it won't go too far in to break the window I wish I had pics but like I said fuck in theives have it. One day I'll find out who it was....

I seen and heard this set up... it was sick I almost made one for my coupe but ended up selling it

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i used a truck box and it fitted very goon in my coupe i had 10s doo

-

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by STANGBOY:

-

By the way that looks 2 12zs could fit bck there.. But my battery is relocated to the trunk so only one 12 would fit(maybe a 15) lol... Im gonna get the dimensions and build my own box.. Anyone know how much that MDF(or wat ever its called).. How much it cost??

--------------------

Thugnificent

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used 5/8 or 3/4 it all depends on how heavy the subs are maybe 1" on the face because I've vibrated screws out and had to use nuts and bolts. One of my friends told me about this he called it MDFF which was finer saw dust compressed into boards. I used it on the face board and the regular MDF on the rest of the box and I went to Homedepot and bought a 4'x8 and had them cut it into 1/4s so I could fit into the car I think it cost like 12 or 15 bucks. 1 sheet wasn't enough so I got 1 1/2 sheets.

--------------------
No half steppin

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

dont forget to use caulking to make it nice and sealed...and when u drill holes for the screws, make sure they are tapered.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STANGBOY:

-

Puro Clavo

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com