Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » convertibles

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: convertibles
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
browsing autotrader, i have seen a ton of CLEAN, low mileage mustangs for absolutely awesome prices. The only problem is that the majority of these cars are convertibles. Being a previous owner of two convertibles, a 90 and 97 gt, i know how much noise and general unstability these convertibles have. So this kind of negates the lower price point on these cars.

Would any of you guys over look the fact that a car is a convertible, even though you want a hardtop simply for the money savings??? I guess I'm answering my own question, but I really wouldn't want to go back into another convertible.

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would... i love them

my only 2 choices really would be a notch or a vert

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
General Butt Naked
¯
Member # 4831

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for General Butt Naked  Ford pictures for General Butt Naked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much money are you saving by going with a drop $500 - $1000??

Do you think you are going to regret it once you've been driving it for a few months?

--------------------
"le bout est nu"

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its all about personal preference. I am just not a convertible guy. only one I would ever own would be a Shelby AC Cobra. everything else, its gotta be a hard top! [patriot]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hanson:
browsing autotrader, i have seen a ton of CLEAN, low mileage mustangs for absolutely awesome prices. The only problem is that the majority of these cars are convertibles. Being a previous owner of two convertibles, a 90 and 97 gt, i know how much noise and general unstability these convertibles have. So this kind of negates the lower price point on these cars.

Would any of you guys over look the fact that a car is a convertible, even though you want a hardtop simply for the money savings??? I guess I'm answering my own question, but I really wouldn't want to go back into another convertible.

On my verts I have had I get that lining installed as one of the first lines of business. Cuts the noise down a lot. Me personally I prefer verts in our types of cars. I wish my Cobra was a vert.
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive had people drive my car and they trip off how quiet my fox is being a vert and no panels squeek

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like the looks of the sn95 and edge verts the best, my brother has the 05 vert and it just doesnt do it for me
ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by General Butt Naked:
How much money are you saving by going with a drop $500 - $1000??

Do you think you are going to regret it once you've been driving it for a few months?

I agree how much money are you talking about? if its only $1000 I wouldn't, But don't get me wrong I have nothing against verts

--------------------
2015 focus st2
2011 Gt 5.0
04 ZY fobra sold

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will always like verts ever since Too Short was saying if you ain't got a drop go get it chopped, I know so people love hardtops going to the track etc. but for me putting the top down on a nice day, having the HP in a vert to still take on a large number of cars out there and getting looks from the females is enough to justify a vert for me.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com