Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Compact camera question...????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Compact camera question...????
Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle Fed  Ford pictures for Bottle Fed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can anyone recommend a good camera with model number that is good for all around use(indoor and outdoor)...I have been looking at the Canon s90 and the panasonic zs7...both are cameras with big lenses on a compact dslr..looking for something compact...any opinions or recommendations would be great, thanks guys...

--------------------
1988 Saleen convt #522 SC
1989 Saleen #420 408 w/BOOST!
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

Posts: 2264 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a canon sd3500 For my wife good camera IMO

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I played with the s90. It did better than most if not all pocketable point and shoot cameras in low light. I'm comparing it to the sony and nikon equivalent. If it means anything to you I shot up to iso 400 with little noise. It has a nice sized screen and it's comfortable to hold.
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The best point and shoot camera is the Canon PowerShot G11. I own one and it takes amazing pictures.

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:
The best point and shoot camera is the Canon PowerShot G11. I own one and it takes amazing pictures.

It's a beast but that's almost the size of a non-gripped DSLR! You could always try to stuff that in your pocket and tell women you are happy to see them.
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both the S90 and the G11 are both recommended cameras.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:

It's a beast but that's almost the size of a non-gripped DSLR! You could always try to stuff that in your pocket and tell women you are happy to see them.
I wear baggyish pants and it fits in my pocket fine lol but it is a beast. But you cant argue that it does not take DSLR like pics lol

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much u lookin to spend?
this one is pretty bad ass IMO http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666234657

[ July 14, 2010, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:

I wear baggyish pants and it fits in my pocket fine lol but it is a beast. But you cant argue that it does not take DSLR like pics lol
The G11 does take DSLR like pictures. It's like a mini DSLR. Usable up to 800 iso, control over aperture and shutter with a nice lens even at both ends. I do remember reading that the s90 and the G11 have the same sensor and processor. I think the sensor is from Sony.
Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle Fed  Ford pictures for Bottle Fed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT..thanks for all the helpful info guys..just trying to get some insight on the best compact camera out there with a long and good sized lense...

--------------------
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

Bottle Fed
¯
Member # 2686

TTT...anyone else...

--------------------
2009 M5
2000 Yamaha R1
2013 S4

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have his one and love it but a lil bulky.....can care less its very worth it

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665789079

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com