Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » san diego info

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: san diego info
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm planning a trip to san diego and was hoping u guys could help me decide whether to stay downtown near the gaslamp area or a little farther closer to old town and seaworld. Also are there any good restaurants or attractions you guys can recommend. Thanks

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well if your not wanting a resort style hotel, then hit up hotel row off highway 8.

Its right near seaworld. Taxi's are cheap to downtown (8 bucks).

Check out Filipes Italian restaurant its off the chain

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dick's Restaraunt in the gaslamp area. Also, I forget the name, but by the convention center is the diner where they filmed the bar scene in Top Gun.
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by j0eyabs:
Dick's Restaraunt in the gaslamp area. Also, I forget the name, but by the convention center is the diner where they filmed the bar scene in Top Gun.

Dicks is a trip, they be throwing shit..lol.

Check out Rah, Mary Sue or Mary something best damn steaks ever and check out "The Strip Club", you grill your own meat. hella good. I stayed at the Marriott they have a club on the roof that be poppin. Also there is the residence inn over by Little Italy. Some good ass eatins over there. I love San Diego.

Personally I would stay in the Gas Lamp. There is a dog park by Padre Park there be hella Beezies there...lol

[ July 13, 2010, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cafe Coyote in Old Town for some good ass mexican food! Hand made tortillas too! I want to go back just to eat there again...
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's a trip to also see those freeway signs near the boarder
 -

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by j0eyabs:

Dicks is a trip, they be throwing shit..lol.

Check out Rah, Mary Sue or Mary something best damn steaks ever and check out "The Strip Club", you grill your own meat. hella good. I stayed at the Marriott they have a club on the roof that be poppin. Also there is the residence inn over by Little Italy. Some good ass eatins over there. I love San Diego.

Personally I would stay in the Gas Lamp. There is a dog park by Padre Park there be hella Beezies there...lol

+1 On the Marriott. I went for New Year's a few years back. Nice spot right downtown and over looking the Yacht Club.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish I was living there still. Everywhere is fun but PB(Pacific Beach)is the beach party town with a lot of bars and young people. La Jolla is the uppity area of SD that is right above PB. OB(Ocean Beach)is the where more locals go but has nice sea cliffs areas to walk on. MB(Mission Beach) has the small boardwalk and rides for the kids. DT(downtown) has the most amount of bars but try to stay away from 5th as its always full with tourists. Hard Rock has a sic club as well as Stingaree in DT. I would stay in downtown or look for a beach house to rent. Coronado is the small island near downtown which has some nice beaches as well. You also have the border 15minutes away for some real fun. [Wink]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hash House is really good too...really long waits though.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com