Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cannon 50D + Cruise To Lake Berryessa = SEX (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Cannon 50D + Cruise To Lake Berryessa = SEX
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cagedblackgt:
Before:

-

After:

-

Some things to note, ALL DSLR cameras need a bit of sharpening done in Post processing. Here i used 40. Also when zoomed in you can see the noise from the DSLR sensor (making the paint not as smooth as it could be. I used a value of 45 for noise reduction and a tad of color noise reduction.

Also bumped up the shadows, toned down the highlights a tad, and warmed the pic up.

I liked the before better, you kinda messed up the trees and and the lines. Although more vivid. I think the beauty in a good manip is trying to fool the eye. This is hands down screams manip'd.
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah I see what you are getting at, I wasnt worried about the trees as I would have cropped them out of the hi-rez original, but there was not enough there to get them out was just getting the car, I need to look at this on a different monitor as Im not seeing the ruining of the car lines lol

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Ah I see what you are getting at, I wasnt worried about the trees as I would have cropped them out of the hi-rez original, but there was not enough there to get them out was just getting the car, I need to look at this on a different monitor as Im not seeing the ruining of the car lines lol

Or maybe you compressed it more, but yours I see jaggies. And you introduced grain when adjusted shadows. Not sure if you went with the image>>adjustments>>shadow highlights route. But that method ruins good manips at times. I only say this because I do this damn near all day e'erday if I am not coding....

Anyway back to topic. [Big Grin]

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cagedblackgt  Ford pictures for cagedblackgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im a dumbass I had my negative clarity filter on the whole time..... what i get for messing around with non-work stuff while working [Razz]

--------------------
Making the moderators cyber-sit me is probably a good way of getting my account locked for a while. I know they're busy folks volunteering their time to help others out.It's selfish of me and others who make their task more time consuming and difficult than it already is. In fact I should either chip in and help out or not participate at all. I'm going to do my best to be part of the solution and not the problem from now on.

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Or maybe you compressed it more, but yours I see jaggies. And you introduced grain when adjusted shadows. Not sure if you went with the image>>adjustments>>shadow highlights route. But that method ruins good manips at times. I only say this because I do this damn near all day e'erday if I am not coding....

Anyway back to topic. [Big Grin]

Ya I see the jaggies now, but my original isnt showing them. I wonder if photobucket is messing with it, although it seems photoshop is scaling the size up. The original pic was 157k and the new pic was 357k. Im re outputting the image now with slightly different settings

Also for shadows, i usually only use the layer screen/black mask technique as shadow/highlight is a crap tool (not all the time)

--------------------

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

After not bieng a dumbass and in a hurry lol:

-

Also the jaggies are in the original, they are just underexposed so not coming out until you bring up the exposure/color balance

Just throwing in here to compare styling:  -

[ July 13, 2010, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: cagedblackgt ]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn man its pretty impressive what you can do when you have the right tools. I have the high res originals on a flash drive but nowhere to upload @ the moment. I really want you guys to mess with these Z06 photos I have

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Damn man its pretty impressive what you can do when you have the right tools. I have the high res originals on a flash drive but nowhere to upload @ the moment. I really want you guys to mess with these Z06 photos I have

You can email some to me at fiveohmike@gmail.com, just email 1 at a time so they go through if you want.

--------------------

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn i wish i would made it out... next time you guys should get a bbq going !

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
damn i wish i would made it out... next time you guys should get a bbq going !

Yea bro you shoulda came out! We didnt really plan for a BBQ since it was a small cruise and we planned on more driving then chillin, but the next one that 50Deep sets up will most likely consist of some BBQ'ing [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went back through and looked at the photos and you guys were right about how you ccan really can see how too much light can wash out the photos. It wasn't until later in the day JR was telling about changing the light/dark settings on the camera and now I can see how it helps.

I'm wondering though how can I get my rolling shots to show the wheels as "blurred." In my photos you can see how the camera is able to pick up the individual spokes and not give it the blurred look. Is that just a matter of not shooting in sport mode, the quality of the camera to slow down moving shots or do I need to manually change the speed of the appeture?

--------------------

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I went back through and looked at the photos and you guys were right about how you ccan really can see how too much light can wash out the photos. It wasn't until later in the day JR was telling about changing the light/dark settings on the camera and now I can see how it helps.

I'm wondering though how can I get my rolling shots to show the wheels as "blurred." In my photos you can see how the camera is able to pick up the individual spokes and not give it the blurred look. Is that just a matter of not shooting in sport mode, the quality of the camera to slow down moving shots or do I need to manually change the speed of the appeture?

Hey kanye,

For this look you need to set a lower shutter speed and use a panning technique.

First set the camera to shutter priority mode. Next select a shutter speed between 1/60 to 1/160 (depending upon fast the car is moving). Then keep the camera dead centered (as close as can be) on one point of the car in frame and keep it there as you take pics. This works great if you are standing still and you pan with the car going by. Also if panning, you want to set the camera into AI-Servo mode, with high speed continious shooting. I think the 50d can do 4 pics per second.

This will keep the car in focus, while showing wheel blur. You can check out some technique I use at the races at www.110photography.com

[ July 14, 2010, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: cagedblackgt ]

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

sample image of this technique I took at the ALMS races:

-

--------------------

cagedblackgt
I <3 CAFords.com
Member # 10090

Aslo when framing a car like this, it is generally desirable to have more space in the frame in front of the car then behind, to give it the illusion that the car is going somewhere:

-

But this all comes down to personal preference and is just a guidline...just get out there, shootin in any mode other then full Auto to take full advantage of your camera, the 50d is a great cam!

--------------------

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should have taken a shot with all the terminators...looks like there were a few out there...i wish i went out to this....looks like you folks had a good time.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Cagedblackgt That's the exact look I'm going for. Ima practice that for sure. No lie tho its hella hard taking pics while riding low in a car. I should have better luck in a fixed position

Autumnstang97 Bro is your car back together? And are you in the cobra or the cobra swapped GT?

--------------------

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Broke4.6:
Terrance...you definatly need to get out of auto and start practicing in manual...your pictures came out good but only half as good as the potential a 50d has...you also need photoshop..bad! ran this one through PS right quick to show you!
WITH PHOTOSHOP
 -
WITHOUT PHOTOSHOP
 -

What is this the wild west?

Did you use that new program Sepiashop?

Confused on how you think that looks good.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com