Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » SOLD-1988 Ford Mustang Coupe (Notch Back) Road Race Drift Car (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: SOLD-1988 Ford Mustang Coupe (Notch Back) Road Race Drift Car
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad at all....u figure u get 10K and u still would be loosing on it

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's literally going to crush my soul to part this car out, but I think I can make another couple of thousand dollars over my asking price if I do it that way.

[ July 07, 2010, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so my $7,000 offer looks like it fell through, but I have an offer on the bare shell of my car if I decide to part it out. Honestly, I will make more money parting the car out than selling it whole, but I really DON'T want to do that.

If somebody brings me $8,000 cash before the end of the day Sunday, the coupe is there's. On Monday morning I'm going to start pulling everything apart, and listing all of the parts for sale individually.

Feel free to look at the list of parts at the beginning of this post and PM me if you want dibs on anything. I just looked at the odometer from the SMOG when I bought this car back in 2006. I've only put 40 miles on this car the whole time I've owned it, so 90% of the parts on this car have less than 40 miles on them. That being said, the prices I will ask for the parts will be about 75% of the cheapest NEW prices you can find online.

Thanks! [patriot]

[ July 07, 2010, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Man...I'm all tore up! Now I have somebody interested, but I just did a really conservative list of what parts I have and what they'd probably sell for, and I could get well over $9k if I part this thing out. Is anybody interested in anything, to help influence my decision?

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

I made a deal with a CAFords member for a cash sale today, but that member called me this afternoon and told me he wouldn't have the cash until Monday. I have had three people blowing up my phone to come get parts off this car since yesterday morning, and as soon as my sale fell through I started emailing them and telling them they could come get their parts.

The car is officially no longer for sale! I will be parting it out. Please look for a list of available parts and pricing in a new post tonight. Several items are already sold/spoken for, so if you want something PM me asap. I will have the car fully blown apart by the weeks end.

Thanks for all the kinda words and interest.

For what it's worth, I'm done with foxbody's but I have a Chevy and a Dodge that will soon be getting 5.0's and T5's so I will probably die a CAFords member!!! [patriot]

[ July 08, 2010, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so you accepted a 7k offer?
parting it out will get u m ore money of course but will take time and effort..however, it is nice to see a complete car go to a good owner and eventually be finished.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
so you accepted a 7k offer?
parting it out will get u m ore money of course but will take time and effort..however, it is nice to see a complete car go to a good owner and eventually be finished.

You know, honestly...I don't really care what's nice, or what's gonna make somebody happy, or make everybody feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I have had more time wasted trying to sell my "finished" car for a fraction of it's worth than I care to publicly relive. You know the saying "money talks and bullshit walks"? Well so far not one person on this board has showed me ANY money, but the bullshit flows freely, as always. If I see some actual cash; well then who knows what might happen.

[ July 08, 2010, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I know what u mean and see how u can be frustrated as with any major purchase ppl can be flakey. Good luck. As u know already many are dreamers and don't have the cash to fork over

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

CAR IS SOLD...THANKS FOR THE INTEREST!!!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

MORE CA FORDS DRAMA!!!

Let me start off by saying that the following statements about LSwhat50, 1QUIK93, LSwhat50's mamma, and whoever the f$#k this other guy was are my opinions, and my opinions only.

Furthermore, a lot of you on this board know me, and know that I am a pretty fair guy, and not the type to misrepresent something that I am trying to sell.

Anyway, get out the soda (beer) and popcorn...

So, Thursday the 8th of July LSwhat50 was supposed to come buy my notch, but about an hour after he said he'd be on his way he calls to tell me he doesn't actually have the money. I tell him no problem...I'll just part the car out.

Later that day LSwhat50's cousin, 1QUIK93 starts PM'ing, telling me that I'm not a man of my word, because I told his cousin we had a deal (it was his cousin who didn't actually have the money), and I tell him that this bullsh!t is exactly why I decided to part the car in the first place, but after filling up my PM's, I reluctantly agree to let the kid by the car, so long as he can put the money together by Friday morning.

So I sold the car to LSwhat50 on Friday morning, and I guess he's been out having some fun in it since then, because evidently he broke it! [Eek!]

Early this morning (Monday the 12th of July) my phone gets blown up from some number I don't recognize:

"Hey bro im the one that bought the notch off you. Theres more problems then what you mentioned to us and we spent every last penny with the intention that"

"Theres nothing wrong with the car. The batteries completely dead wont even charge. and the brakes are completely shot. "

"Its up to you what you wanna do but i need the money back. I can return the car and you can part it out like you originally wanted. "

"I left the car at the gas station because it wouldnt start. I jumped it charged the battery. Everything u can name. So i just left it there. I can return your"

At this point I'm kinda trippin' out, cause the number I'm getting texted from isn't the number I've been talking to LSwhat50 from. Then I get a call from this number, and it's some lady (LSwhat50's mom), and she starts in on me about how I've taken advantage of her son by selling him a car that's not reliable. For the record, even as LSwhat50 was counting out his money for the car, I was telling him that this car has a lot of new parts, but that it was a "20 year old car", and "not a commuter". Evidently he was too excited to listen to my cautioning. Anyway, his mom starts in on me about how she legally has 72 hours to return a car for a full refund. WHAT!?! I tell her I'll call her back and hang up.

A minute later some other guy calls me, not LSwhat50, 1QUIK93, or the mom, and starts telling me how I screwed his little cousin over, and that they're bringing the car back up here and expect their money...all the while I haven't heard from LSwhat50, so I call his mom back. I ask her why I'm dealing with her and not LSwhat50 directly, and she tells me he's too ashamed to call me. She tells me how her son has a two hour commute and that this is his only vehicle, and how he only works part time, and can't afford the gas on a car like this.

I tell LSwhat50's mom that there's no way I'm going to refund them the full amount that they paid for the car, because I've already spent some of it. I explain how I had driven the car 36 miles since I put it together, and now her son's had it in his possession for a weekend, and that there's no telling what kind of damage he could have done in that time. I explain to her that I was very forthright with her son about how this is a HIGH PERFORMANCE car, and not a commuter. Then, with no way of knowing what LSwhat50 could have possibly f&*ked up on my notch, I offer to give them a partial refund, what I have left of the cash they purchased the car with...a little less than 3/4 of it. Well, LSwhat50's mom wants me to sign a contract, saying that as soon as I sell the car again I have to pay them the rest of the money...I told her that's not going to happen!

Anyway, the bottom line here...the reason that I am posting all of this up here, is so that when LSwhat50, or his cousin 1QUIK93 come back on here looking for another notch, SELLER BEWARE!!!

This is EXACTLY why I wanted to part the car out...I could tell that these people were going to be a pain in my ass from that first day when LSwhat50 called me to tell me he didn't "actually" have the money yet. But I went against my better judgment and sold him the car anyway, so I guess I get what I get. [BS flag]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

total bs man..u have no obligation to accept the car back.

what part of "as is" does one not understand?

lol

something tells me dude had some fun w/ the car and did some stupid crap w/ it and is now having his mama and daddy or whoever else try to play intimidation to try to return a broken car.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

91blackstallion
¯
Member # 9989

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackstallion  Ford pictures for 91blackstallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dam thats some shit bro and he is rite u dont have to return it its a as is sale and dude has to deal with it and i did see the car in union city driving fast and my boi saw it at the races on friday so idk bro dnt let that type of ppl get to u tell dem to F*** off period and move on!!!
Posts: 409 | From: in da heavens | Registered: May 2010  |  :
wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wht2000gt  Ford pictures for wht2000gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's some crazy shit right there Casey. You have no obligation to give them any money back. I wouldn't. That kid probably beat the shit out of it and now has no money to pay and fix what he broke. Screw those kids. If they don't want it anymore they need to part that thing out. Hopefully they put it in there name. Which I highly doubt considering they are kids and I notice a lot of people don't do it. As is means exactly what it says. As is.
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Another hour on the phone with the mom, and she said that I either need to pay the bill at the shop for them to fix the car, or give them back all of the money. I told her that somebody posted that they saw the car driving fast, and at the track, and she told me that when this goes to court I can bring "1000 things from the internet, and she will bring 1000 things too". Looks like I'm getting sued. [patriot]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

wht2000gt
¯
Member # 10127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wht2000gt  Ford pictures for wht2000gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they retarded. You wrote as is on the bill of sale right? Let it go to court. Counter sue for your time and lost wages for having to miss work. Some people I swear.
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
Another hour on the phone with the mom, and she said that I either need to pay the bill at the shop for them to fix the car, or give them back all of the money. I told her that somebody posted that they saw the car driving fast, and at the track, and she told me that when this goes to court I can bring "1000 things from the internet, and she will bring 1000 things too". Looks like I'm getting sued. [patriot]

Sounds like typical CAFORDS

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Well, LSwhat50 is already talking about racing people on another part of the forum, so I'm not too worried.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

how old is this kid to have his mama be fighting his battles? LOL serious bro, you're being too nice even listening to what this lady has to say.

unless you agreed on some warranty or guarantee u have nothing to worry about.

[ July 12, 2010, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
You have nothing to worry about, don't get defensive. Used cars are sold as is, the judge will know the kid dove head first rather than having it looked at by a shop because of all the nice parts on it.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
You have nothing to worry about, don't get defensive. Used cars are sold as is, the judge will know the kid dove head first rather than having it looked at by a shop because of all the nice parts on it.

Exactly the kid and his mommie don't have a leg to stand on.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did u state in the bill of sale as is no warranty cuz i always do and i sell cars titled in the bill of sale as off road use and or as parts car [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92sleeperGT
¯
Member # 8076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92sleeperGT  Ford pictures for 92sleeperGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is all bullshit!
She can go ahead and bring 1000 things to court
Whatever that is?
As long as you have a bill of sale saying sold as is
You have nuthing to worry about.

[patriot]

--------------------
1992 Mustang Gt

Posts: 718 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

This sh!t just makes me so angry! I didn't want to sell the car to the kid...he literally BEGGED me to sell it to him. I told him I was just going to part it out, and he would NOT drop it.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've delt with casey90gt and he's a great guy on the other hand 1quick93 was just a lowballer.

Caseys description of the parts i was picking up were dead on. No B.S with this seller!

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's some fuckin bullshiiiiiiit!!!!! Tell them u will see then in court stop blowing your phone up.. I don't know the final price u sold this car to the kid at but I know this car is worth waaaay more then what u did sell it to him at.. I just bought s Gt that's pretty much the same setup as yours with jus a lil more parts and a built motor and anyone with common sense knows don't make that your fuckin daily driver until u get all the bugs out. U don't owe them shit, he fuckd it up his mommy needs to realize that shit. I'm sorry u even have to deal with this stress cause I been in the exact situation with someone I thought was my boy.. Try not to let is stress u out bro. And whatever u do don't take that shit back or pay em anything cause then u lose. U have this whole board here backing u on the right thing to do.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com