Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » SOLD-1988 Ford Mustang Coupe (Notch Back) Road Race Drift Car (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: SOLD-1988 Ford Mustang Coupe (Notch Back) Road Race Drift Car
FATALPNY408
¯
Member # 8896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FATALPNY408  Ford pictures for FATALPNY408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AROUND HOW MUCH HORSE POWER DOES IT HAVE?

--------------------
"I STILL BOTTLE FEED MY BABY"

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
Yea , I hear ya . I also have owned/sold more foxbody's than I care to remember and I know what kind of values they carry aswell . My point was that it's gonna be hard period to even get close as to what you may have into it .

I hear ya! Like I said, I put my asking price at right about what I have in suspension and brakes. I paid over $3k for the car when I bought it. I've got substantial money in the seats, belts, and other items from 5.0 Resto. I've got over $1k in new motor parts, and at least that much in the rear-end. And let's not even get started on my time...hundreds of hours! I've never added it all up (because I don't want to make myself sick, but I bet I've got $20k in this car, NOT counting my time. But I'm over it...who wants a bad ass car for a fraction of what it'd cost to build? I need money to finish my '36 Chevy hot rod (Ford powered of course).

As for the question about power...guessing about 290-300 at the wheels.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Posts: 1064 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most definitely brotha , I was never disagreeing with your
asking price . In fact , I think it's a good deal considering all the mods it has . Buy like you were saying , you have damn near 20k into it . Overall , I think it's a great car and I wish you the best of luck with your sale .

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
asking price . In fact , I think it's a good deal considering all the mods it has . Buy like you were saying , you have damn near 20k into it . Overall , I think it's a great car and I wish you the best of luck with your sale .

Yeah...it's a fair price for sure, but it's a tough market right now. It's a lot easier to sell a $5k car than it is to sell a $10k car with this economy...even if the $5k car isn't half the bargain that the $10k car is. I just think that the people with $10k cash are fewer and further between than they were 2 years ago.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Dude! I love CAFords!!! I just had a guy offer me $4,000, but asked if he could do payments. He wanted to take the car today, and told me he'd give me $2,000 on July 29th and another $2,000 on August 15th. And the worst part is I think he was trying to be serious!!! Economy must be worse than I thought. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
Dude! I love CAFords!!! I just had a guy offer me $4,000, but asked if he could do payments. He wanted to take the car today, and told me he'd give me $2,000 on July 29th and another $2,000 on August 15th. And the worst part is I think he was trying to be serious!!! Economy must be worse than I thought. [Roll Eyes]

Good luck with the sale bro very clean car., this place kills me. I didn't even waste my time posting my car on here(very similar setup to yours) because I didn't want the hating and whining & crying to start. And what happened the add found it's way on here anyways and the haters picked the car apart anyways.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL too much.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Casey90GT:
quote:

Yeah...it's a fair price for sure, but it's a tough market right now. It's a lot easier to sell a $5k car than it is to sell a $10k car with this economy...even if the $5k car isn't half the bargain that the $10k car is. I just think that the people with $10k cash are fewer and further between than they were 2 years ago.
I completely agree , and that's pretty much what I was getting at is that potenial buyers with 10k are gnna be fairly limited . That's not bcz of the car of course , it's bcz the economy is shit rightnow and alot of people are holding tight to their money .
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Independance Day Special...

$9,200 obo!!!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

So...I have an offer of $7,000 and I am seriously considering it. I was just wondering if anybody else wanted to "throw their hat in the ring" before I let this car go. I'll be totally straight with you all...I'll jump at anything over $8,000, but this IS a "best offer" scenario, and so far the best offer I have is $7,000.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

JBeezy53
CAFords OG
Member # 3960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBeezy53  Ford pictures for JBeezy53    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If this car sells for $7000 I'll probably cry because I didn't give up $7500 for it. I'm about to buy a house and need to buy another truck. Lol..... I thought about selling my Cobra so I could get it w/o pulling cash out the bank.

Good luck with the sell, hopefully you can hold out for more.

--------------------
89 Gt
98 Cobra
88 Notch
05 GSXR 750 Blk/Yel

Posts: 1782 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

quote:
Originally posted by JBeezy53:
If this car sells for $7000 I'll probably cry because I didn't give up $7500 for it. I'm about to buy a house and need to buy another truck. Lol..... I thought about selling my Cobra so I could get it w/o pulling cash out the bank.

Good luck with the sell, hopefully you can hold out for more.

Buy It!!! If you bring me $7500 cash before somebody else brings me that much or more it's yours.

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Casey90GT  Ford pictures for Casey90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First cash offer at or above $6500 and I'll pull the motor and trans and sell you the roller. I do require a deposit before pulling the motor and trans!

[ July 06, 2010, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
damn this is a deal! Anyone that knows suspension parts should know that this car is SET UP! Someone should snatch this is ASAP! I wish I could [Frown] Good luck! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Thanks for the kind words!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
damn i dont know why no one has bought this car yet, even on the corral no one was biting.. i wish i had the money for it.
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Well, like I said...I have had offers, just none of them quite where I want them to be. I think it's just a matter of time before I get together with somebody on this thing though. She's smogged and ready to go guys!!! This is a bad ass fox body!

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if i was you il take the 7gs offered and run cuz my car was way cleaner than yours and had more parts and people where bitchn about 4500 [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

What!?! That's crazy cheap!!! I would have bought it just to flip it. Selling cars is all about the right buyer at the right time...and it isn't for everybody. [Roll Eyes]

[ July 06, 2010, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no it didnt sell sum jerk hit my door n fucked the pillar up bad so im sellin all the parts on here [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Is that why you have all those parts for sale? Did you part it out? Somebody give me $7500 for this car before I pull an Albert and get my Sawzall out!!!

[ July 06, 2010, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

Sorry...just saw your new post. That really sucks...I'm sorry for your misfortune. Were you insured at least?

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

Casey90GT
¯
Member # 6175

And for what it's worth, I'm sure you'll make more money parting it out. I'm so sick in the head that I was thinking about buying your torque arm.

[ July 06, 2010, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Casey90GT ]

--------------------
Some day I'll finish it.

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

liabilty ins and so far i been doin ok on the $$$ part next time im partin out all my cars fuck selln them outright and glws on urs i know that thing will get down with 90% of top end cars out there [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol wtf? someone offered you 4g's and wanted to make payments? hahahahahahhahahaha wow. Someone people are on one for sure. [dance]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com