Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » law against tinting taillights???? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: law against tinting taillights????
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there a law that u cant modify your taillights? my girl got a ticket in my truck today for my taillights being smoked with a matte clear coat. the truck is flat black and i did the taillights and the 3rd brake light with a matte clear

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup there is a law

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have to be stock looking..... You can't even change to clear corners, but " most cops " won't get you for that.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tinted the taillights on my mustang, its black so the tinted taillights dont look as black as the paint so i seem to get away with, ive had tons of cops behind me and been pulled over and they didnt say a word
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -
its just a matte clear for the tail lights and the truck i used a flat black

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats jus plain bullshit. i heard, i might be wrong, is that they still have to be somewhat red, and also the brightness of your tailights on and with the brake lights has to be a certain brightness for it to be ok.

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bad ass truck man, very nice
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why would you make it harder for someone to see your brake lights and easier for them to rear end you??...

...Just curious

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes sir very illegal in the state of CA you cannot alter your lights in any way basically and if it was a CHP ticket forgetaboutit.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive never had a problem with it before, i use to have the GTS blackout covers on my stang and never got hassled.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
Bad ass truck man, very nice

thanks, i have better pictures of it now with the bed with line x now

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
Why would you make it harder for someone to see your brake lights and easier for them to rear end you??...

...Just curious

you can still see the lights fine. my girlfriend was in a gas station getting gas and she pulled out and the cop pulled right next to her, and told her to pull in the next parking lot. then he told her that i need to return them back to stock and have them sign them off, and i guess a $25 dollar "fix it" ticket. and since im the owner of the car i got the ticket and i wasnt even there.

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet looking rcsb! BS tickets are the norm these days. the cities and state is on a mission to collect money from where ever they can.

here's my old ride. i miss it sometimes.

-

-

[ July 09, 2010, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: stangin' ]

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

stangin" did u work or used to work in brentwood over near balfour? there was a truck that looked like that a couple years ago when i would take that route to tracy.

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
stangin" did u work or used to work in brentwood over near balfour? there was a truck that looked like that a couple years ago when i would take that route to tracy.

yup, that was me. you'll see a fox body these days though [Wink] . after that silverado, i had a TBSS for a couple of years.
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:

yup, that was me. you'll see a fox body these days though [Wink] . after that silverado, i had a TBSS for a couple of years.
yeah that was a nice looking truck. what do u guys do there.

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to be able to see the redness of the light during the day time and if you can still see your brake lights you're good.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:

yeah that was a nice looking truck. what do u guys do there.
we manufacture all kinds of things such as 3M road roll-up signs, Alter-g anti-gravity bags, custom dry suits, snorkeling gear, and other odds and end products.
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice truck...Maybe the cop had nothing better to do and decided to mess with you...Youre lights don't look that dark at all... [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1QUIK93:
You have to be able to see the redness of the light during the day time and if you can still see your brake lights you're good.

Not true take my word for it. It is in CVC.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomousnotch:
Nice truck...Maybe the cop had nothing better to do and decided to mess with you...Youre lights don't look that dark at all... [patriot]

+1 the on my old lexus were tinted never got pulled over but it is illegal

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wouldnt tint shit cuz it will only lead to more snooping and what i have under i cant afford [Wink]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
vendicated_03gt
¯
Member # 9815

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vendicated_03gt  Ford pictures for vendicated_03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i guess they have to still be able to see the red , and you have to be able to see you brake with in 150 ft.

--------------------
"Vendicated Tuning"

03 Mustang gt
o/r xpipe,cat back, AEM intake, C&L mass, 3.73 gears, PP tb,PP Elbow

Posts: 616 | From: Cen*Cal 209 Manteca-Los Banos | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:

...Just curious

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Uhh.. Can I have that Sierra RCSB.. Please?

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com