Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Finally got to drive IT!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally got to drive IT!!!
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yesterday me and a buddy of mine were pretty bored... i've never got to drive a 03-04 cobra before.. so we go to a dealership in Daly city.. We get to drive a 01 cobra first which i thought was pretty badass... the thing had 4.30 gears & full exhaust so it for sure ripped through the gears... then it was my turn to take a car on a test drive...

I got to take out a convertible 04 Cobra.. thing was all stock except for mufflers and a C&L intake... had me smiling for the whole 15-20 min drive.. it didn't have acceleration like the 01' did but most def had the top end pull i dream of.. The guy that went with us on the drive didn't care what we did to the car so we really got to open them up!!!!!

I went there with intentions to just drive one but once i got back im now tempted to purchase one... just not that one.. they were asking too much but if anyone wants to check it out.. its on mission street in daly city.. they have 3 cobras right now.. the screaming yellow 04 stands out..

also who owned that 01 DSG Cobra with Saleens on it on this board???? it was being talked about not to long ago.. does that thing really have a built motor?

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got to drive my old 01 drop huh?? Lol

It's fully built low compression for boost. And the yellow 04 is just TOO clean.

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:

It's fully built low compression for boost. And the yellow 04 is just TOO clean.

yea bro.. it sure did rip through the gears.. the yellow drop is tempting... guy there told me me and my buddy could have them both for 30k... he really wants to sell them.. they also had a 99 cobra with what looked like a 6 speed in it..

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94OnDuces  Ford pictures for 94OnDuces    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cali95gt:
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:

yea bro.. it sure did rip through the gears.. the yellow drop is tempting... guy there told me me and my buddy could have them both for 30k... he really wants to sell them.. they also had a 99 cobra with what looked like a 6 speed in it..
lol the 99 cobra with a blown motor for 8k
that guy wasnt that smart tho he let us well really told us to dog out the cars because he said they could handle abuse make you wonder?

--------------------
94 DROP GT
"Burn Rubber Not Your Soul"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com