Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 67 Shelby GT500 Clone (Page 12)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: 67 Shelby GT500 Clone
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
if you dont mind me askin.. how much did the paint job totally cost?

Im sworn to secrecy...lol.

Fiberglass fitment and paint and body like this would probably be near 10-grand retail. I pulled my shop discount on this one and they took care of me on a few things for marketing purposes so it was a bit less. Fiberglass parts and trim pieces, add another 4-5 grand to that. Disassembly and reassembly (done by me in this case) probably adds another grand(+).

[ April 16, 2011, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things. "RIP George Carlin"

Posts: 886 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2008  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwkelley76  Ford pictures for bwkelley76    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
..carried pics over to new page...

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Super clean "sports roof" bro I love the color

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] You hit it out of the park with that color combo!

(You probably already bought this but just in case.... Mustangs plus sells the complete interior screw kit. I'm very satisfied with the kit I bought.) [Cool]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks! I've gotten a lot of grumbles from folks about the color combo until they actually saw it on the car. It came out amazing.

<<Yeah I need to get all my interior screws, etc. Might pony-up and buy the complete kit.

--------------------

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That color is Beautiful! I wanted something very similar on a 240sx I was planning on working on.

Disc brake swap?

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I gotta say I fell in love with ur color... Not to many choose green... Been my favorite color since little. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Wow... At first I wasn't really feeling your wheels but after all they look sick .. Some wide tires in the back or widening the rims will really set that thing off.. He'll, you can put turbine rims or ten holes and that fucker will still look badass! Nice work

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks guys, Eddie it's amazing how color makes the difference when it comes to trim or wheels, etc. My plan for the car was to have the color alone being the focal-point of the car. The color just POPS! Everything else is just an addition to the combo.

I'm speechless, everything is coming along much better than I ever Imagined.

About the rear tires and the wheels, I haven't mentioned that the rear wheels are going to be spaced out quite a bit once I get the 4-wheel disk brakes installed. They are actually just a tad wider than the front, just hard to tell because they are spaced in so far. They are actually rubbing the inner fender-wells a bit...lol.

[ April 17, 2011, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Picked the car up today, on to the headliner and windows and weatherstripping, and trim. In there somewhere I'll also be swapping out the gas tank and fuel lines and starting her up. THIS IS THE FUN STUFF I LOVE!!!

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Hulk looks good

[patriot]

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<Haha, thanks I'll have to nickname it that.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

THIS IS HOW JASON DOES A HEADLINER

-

REFLECTIVE COATING ON TAIL LIGHT HOUSINGS

-
 -

[ April 23, 2011, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The headliner was a bitch to install on mine. Rollbar made it harder.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bwkelley76:
THIS IS HOW JASON DOES A HEADLINER

-

hahahaha! you let that guy in your nice, fresh car? was his dad nearby?

j/k J

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

<<LOL

Tail lamp bulbs, sockets, lenses, and frames are all fitted and installed. That was a pain in the azz and a messy job but it came out great.

I also installed the rear bumper. It fits excellent compared to the aftermarket ones, 67-68 are the worst for fitment. This is an original bumper that has been re-chromed and straightened. Almost a perfect fit! I'm not going to lie, I had to shim things a bit but not too bad.

The Shelby tail panel I'm using is the upgraded panel that has the lamp bezels built-in. That made certain things easier and certain things harder. I had to cut out all the holes for the bulbs and sockets, and drill the 12 lens frame stud holes through fiberglass and through the original steel panel behind it, and then try to gain access to all the nuts on the back. The lens gaskets this stuff came with were nowhere close to fitting so I had to make my own. The lenses also had to be trimmed here and there so they fit properly into the fiberglass provisions. As well as the reflective silver backing I painted on prior, I unexpectedly had to paint a few visible things inside the light bezel orange .YES ORANGE. so it didn't show through the lenses. ...I could write a whole book and that little issue so I'll just leave it alone for now. lol.

The important thing is they came out great. Although there were issues everything fit better than I expected. There's just no easy way to do these tail lights.

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's getting closer and closer.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Headliner came out great! Pleats couldn't have been better. Photographing it was hard with the poor lighting so I edited it in black and white.

-

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

GOOD NEWS! I brought the car in the shop today and changed the oil and inspected a few things with a closer eye and found the following...

The engine is for sure a 1969 (C90E) 351W

Pulled out a spark plug and put a borescope/camera inside one of the cylinders and found flat-top pistons and cylinders with light hatch marks on them.

Supposedly this motor was a direct transplant installed years ago from a wrecked '69 Mach1, and it's nice to see I was most-likely told the truth.

The motor probably has low mileage considering the condition of the cylinder walls. I did not see any stamping on the pistons for overbore either. Heck I might have gotten lucky and received a virgin mach1 motor with this car!?

This almost makes me not want to upgrade it with a cam and heads like I planned. I guess I could save the original cast-iron heads and cam and throw them back on some day though. Maybe I could sell the motor running as-is for some good money and build a 408.

Anyhow, it's great to know that what I have under the hood of this thing is something desirable that's in good shape.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

I say sell it and build a 408. [patriot]

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks reasons!

It looks like I might have a buyer for the windsor at my asking price so well see how it goes. Crossing my fingers.

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

sale pending on the windsor. If all goes well I will be ordering the 408 in a few weeks!

--------------------

bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Here's some pics of my current engine that I'm selling to build a 408...

Quite the transformation...

BEFORE...

-

AFTER A LITTLE CLEANUP (ok a lot of cleanup)...

-
 -

[ May 10, 2011, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow that engine cleaned up nice!!! But the 408 idea sounds like it's going to be fun! What transmission are you going with or did I miss that??

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
bwkelley76
¯
Member # 8792

Thanks! A little paint and a good amount of elbow grease goes a long way! I haven't decided on a transmission yet. Might go with a built-up custom C4 auto or maybe a Toploader 4-speed. My options for a 5-speed are limited due to the amount of torque the 408 produces.

[ May 10, 2011, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: bwkelley76 ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  20  21  22   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com