Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » found a Merkur being parted out

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: found a Merkur being parted out
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys! I found a Merkur xr4ti and the owner is parting out his car. he is
willing to part the car and i will be getting the turbo only 40k and putting it into my 86 svo.

i have a couple of questions.
will it fit and be used properly?
do I need anything to relations to the merkur turbo?
what else can I get from the merkur that will benefit my SVO?

Thanks,
Calvin

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just make sure that the turbo is a t-3 Garrett and not an IHI turbo that came on the earlier 2.3t motors to keep it 86 spec look for the .60/.48 spec turbo and make sure it's oil and water cooled

--------------------
1965 Mustang convertible
2004 Ford Lightning #0537

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
svoca.com

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraCoupe:
Just make sure that the turbo is a t-3 Garrett and not an IHI turbo that came on the earlier 2.3t motors to keep it 86 spec look for the .60/.48 spec turbo and make sure it's oil and water cooled

thanks!

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure you still have the upper intercooler on your SVO...The Merkur is different because it has no intercooler, so you'll have to modify the turbo..
btw~What year Merkur?...

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where is the Merkur at?

--------------------
Drifting is to motorsports like rap is to music. Sure, people do it. But only the stupid people.

Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

damn guy sold the car before I came to check it out. [Mad]

on to the next one...

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com