Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2002 Lightning @ Infinity Fairfield

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2002 Lightning @ Infinity Fairfield
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't suggest purchasing this truck. I just test drove it about an hour ago. I got on it a bit getting on the freeway and noticed a bit of pinging. Then I told the guy the trucks on empty and he said go to the gas station. So we pull in and the guy starts pumping 87 in! I told him the truck needs 91, but said we always put 87 in and it runs fine.. [Eek!]

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
I don't suggest purchasing this truck. I just test drove it about an hour ago. I got on it a bit getting on the freeway and noticed a bit of pinging. Then I told the guy the trucks on empty and he said go to the gas station. So we pull in and the guy starts pumping 87 in! I told him the truck needs 91, but said we always put 87 in and it runs fine.. [Eek!]

i would hate to say it mike i have been working at dealership 10+ years it's very comon for sale men an porter's to put the wrong fuel in b/c 99% of them don't no shit about cars

[ March 26, 2010, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Was it blue? I drug a blue lightning down the freeway this afternoon in my Cobra lol
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No black.. I would have bought it, but it had almost 100k and it the interior was pretty nasty lookin.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What happens if somebody repeatedly puts in 87 when its a 91 only?

I know somebody who does this and doesn't listen to me at all...

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At my dealership everything runs on 91. Pleasanton Infiniti the sale guy you rode with is probally a dumb ass. If your really inttrested tell the sales manager and he'll hook you up with 91. None of the infiniti's run on 89 there designed for 91 and so is the truck. I'd be concerened bout the pinging though.

[ March 26, 2010, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: 89Rodknocker ]

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89Rodknocker:
At my dealership everything runs on 91. Pleasanton Infiniti the sale guy you rode with is probally a dumb ass. If your really inttrested tell the sales manager and he'll hook you up with 91. None of the infiniti's run on 89 there designed for 91 and so is the truck. I'd be concerened bout the pinging though.

do you guy's have pump's on site
NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive been seeing alot of Ls at dealerships in the 100k mile range
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

They wanted 14K for it. I told them no way with how it was running, and the interior condition.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

CobraCoupe
¯
Member # 7233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraCoupe  Ford pictures for CobraCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean lightning on craigslist

--------------------
1965 Mustang convertible
2004 Ford Lightning #0537

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

Nope but we have a gas station down the street and we techs put the gas in the cars used and new. If it takes premium it gets premium.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope but we have a gas station down the street and we techs put the gas in the cars used and new. If it takes premium it gets premium.
see the tech are putting gas in it that's why it's getting the right fuel an benz we had a salesmen put 91 in a tdi volkswagen
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

see the tech are putting gas in it that's why it's getting the right fuel an benz we had a salesmen put 91 in a tdi volkswagen
Im guessing that jetta didn't run so hot..

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CobraCoupe:
Clean lightning on craigslist

stupid clean [worship]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Im guessing that jetta didn't run so hot..
i walk by an saw the salesmen do it so 3 hrs later an new fuel pumps it was good to go
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
What happens if somebody repeatedly puts in 87 when its a 91 only?

I know somebody who does this and doesn't listen to me at all...

if it's tuned for 91 it will ping unless the knock sensors can retard enough timing, which just means it runs with less power...

pinging on a lightning is bad, it might not be from the fuel, the intercooler pump could be bad / the intercooler coolant low

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com