Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone here work for UPS?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone here work for UPS?
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got a few questions about the application n hiring process...
Thanks
Samuel

edit: this is for a truck driving position.

[ January 12, 2010, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: 5.0_707 ]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They just laid off 1800 folks.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
more info on ups.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/jan2010/jobs-j09.shtml

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0_707:
Thanks
Samuel

Good luck. That's one of..if not the best truck driving jobs in the country.
2Stangs on here turns wrenches for them he might have some input.

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i remember a couple off weeksa ago there was a add on cl that they was hiring a driver.the pay was like 550 a week and i think it said you delivered from like 150-200 houses a day
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dang that some crazy shit!
Well I'm asking bc I checked the upsjobs web page and it looks like they are hiring in my area. Guess I should mention that this is for the tractor trailor driving position not the little box truck home delivery. I'm curios bc I applied online and it says that they do not have any open interview times so I wasn't sure if they would contact me or if I'd have to keep applying... Also wanted to know the procedure of the hiring process all together and if anyone had any tips or things to know type of info. I'd also want to know what you like or dislike about the position. Any and all info/knowledge is greatly appreciated.

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306mustang:
i remember a couple off weeksa ago there was a add on cl that they was hiring a driver.the pay was like 550 a week and i think it said you delivered from like 150-200 houses a day

craigslist?? well if thats the case it must be true..hahaha
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
quote:
Thanks
Samuel

Good luck. That's one of..if not the best truck driving jobs in the country.
2Stangs on here turns wrenches for them he might have some input.

thanks, I'm sure I'll need a lot of luck with the way people are out n looking for jobs! [patriot]
I currently drive a beer truck for a bud distro co. but I'm looking for something more "long term" you know? Something I can see myself doing 10-15+ years down the road, I love my job now but I don't think I can do it forever!
We actually have a driver who's been with the company as a driver for 25+ years and he's in his mid-late 50s.... I just don't want to be THAT GUY!
[patriot]

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well I'm asking bc I checked the upsjobs web page and it looks like they are hiring in my area. Guess I should mention that this is for the tractor trailor driving position not the little box truck home delivery. I'm curios bc I applied online and it says that they do not have any open interview times so I wasn't sure if they would contact me or if I'd have to keep applying... Also wanted to know the procedure of the hiring process all together and if anyone had any tips or things to know type of info. I'd also want to know what you like or dislike about the position. Any and all info/knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Are you looking for long distance "cross country" transportation?

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

quote:
Originally posted by snakebit95:
quote:

Are you looking for long distance "cross country" transportation?
no, it's actually city driving.
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5.0...I'm actually the recruiter for Eastbay and Northbay UPS. From my understanding, The job you are looking for is probably an Ltl or truckload driver? These applications can be found at upsjobs.com They are accepting applications but not "hiring" YET. I do not interview nor hire for UPS freight as they have their own union and hiring process.

I can try to contact that division and find out more info about when they will be interviewing....send me a pm with info and email.

Sorry I can't be a big help, I usually handle the package handler, management, driver helper, and regular residential/commercial driver applications.

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Thanks PM sent!

[ January 12, 2010, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: 5.0_707 ]

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 1800 jobs was Upper management not the work force. UPS restructured the entire USA managment system.The statement regarding the other jobs is regarding management also they never put any money in hourly employess 401K's. The company is running strong. Above 4th Qtr projected earnings..It is a great place to work if you can get on. Now UPS freight is different like mentioned above.

[ January 12, 2010, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier but I've been with UPS for 20 years and I started at the bottom unloading. There isn't any place that you can make over a 100k without an education and have the Teamsters to back you up if you ever mess up. And like stated UPS Freight is a whole different set up. Also the bigger hubs offer more then a small hub. I'm at the Northbay Hub. As far as the hiring they are supposed to be hiring in Feb, that's what I heard. First you do the online app. and they make the appointment for the first interview then you do the tour then they do the background check and all that then they'll call you.

--------------------
No half steppin

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey topete.. since u deal with the hiring and all that, are u ever in the concord building?? I wonder if we have crossed paths before or not.
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

quote:
Originally posted by CHP2981:
As far as the hiring they are supposed to be hiring in Feb, that's what I heard. First you do the online app. and they make the appointment for the first interview then you do the tour then they do the background check and all that then they'll call you.

ok so my question is since i have already applied online but haven't set an appt bc they didn't have any open, should I keep checking in or will they contact me when they have an available appt?
FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
As far as the hiring they are supposed to be hiring in Feb, that's what I heard. First you do the online app. and they make the appointment for the first interview then you do the tour then they do the background check and all that then they'll call you.

ok so my question is since i have already applied online but haven't set an appt bc they didn't have any open, should I keep checking in or will they contact me when they have an available appt?
keep checking thats what i did. Now i'm t the san bruno hub

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn hella ups workers on this site or something.. i been in concord for 5yrs now.
exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
Hey topete.. since u deal with the hiring and all that, are u ever in the concord building?? I wonder if we have crossed paths before or not.

No, I've only been in Richmond, Oakland and San Ramon hub.

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

quote:
quote:

Since the job our you are inquiring about is not commonly open, they will not do mass interviews. The manager for that division should pull up the handful of applications and call you in for interview. But, it doesn't hurt to go in to your profile periodically and check for appointments.

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

6 months later.....I GOT A JOB WITH UPS FREIGHT!
its only PT for now but thats ok bc i still have my full time job. just worked my first week and im diggin it! im working on the dock but im still trying to get into the driving position i had interviewed for. ive been told that there might be a driver "leaving" and that id be considered!!!
just gotta learn to drive doubles and im good to go!
right now im loading and unloading trailers and soon ill be jockeying trailers!

major thanks to hector aka topete for all the help and info. i really appreciate it. [patriot]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well good for you!! Congratulations!
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats!!!

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

thanks a lot [patriot] its gonna be weird working mondays again...havent worked a monday in about 3 years with my current schedule being 4 10's but i know its well worth it

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com