Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » John B and great advice!!!! this thread is a compliment to a great person!!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: John B and great advice!!!! this thread is a compliment to a great person!!!!!
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John B:
In a perfect world, it would be nice to think that every shop, or individual that does work for that matter, should answer every phone call/pm/email/etc in a quick and courtious manner, all free of charge. The fact of the matter is this- most, if not ALL of us (and I use the term "us" to describe the automotive community) have lives and responsibiities outside of coming up with a fix for the latest and greatest problem that has come down the pike. Also, people DO get rubbed the wrong way when you spend a considerable amount of time answering questions, responding to phone messages, answering emails...with the "thought" that work will be done in the future, just to have that all go by the wayside and the job is taken elsewhere. It sucks, but unfortunately...that's the way it goes. It happens to me, to Turbo50, to Shaun and Drew at AED, Nexgen, Newtech, etc. We all deal with it. I've had it personally happen to me no fewer than 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I won't even begin to mention folks you do work for in advance to help them out, tow cars for them, do favors for "friends" who turn out to be folks who are actually just looking to make a come-up, etc. You end up writing people off...and they wonder why you won't answer phone calls?

Then you have these SAME people call you, text you, want to ask questions on why "x,y, and z" aren't working right on their car...yet still can't grasp the concept that they haven't spent a dime for the info they've recieved and do not intend to. If they want to post up in Tech with their questions, great! They will get the answers they need from the vast resource of the board. I truly believe it is at a shop's disadvantage to post on a board, of any kind, as a individual due to the lines not being clear as to what is personal help and what is quantified as "shop" help. Same can be said for those who do work on the side, as it is basically "expected" due to being a member here. That's ok though, it's the way it is.

In the end...
...you can please all the people some of the time..
...some of the people all the time...
...but you will never please all the people all the time...

i never hesitate to call you when i have a problem, you always seem like you are so eager beaver to help in any way you can!
after i saw this post i hang my head in shame, i have been the person expecting. [Frown]
i am sorry, and would encourage you to call me if ever i could help!!!!
i never knew you felt this way, so i would like to offer you a big pat on the back for never locin up on me for asking for free advice. [Big Grin]
this thread is a compliment to a great person!!!!! [patriot]

[ November 28, 2009, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LoL. It's not you, nor anyone that has my number. I answer every phonr call, Pm, or email equally. That's how I am, I don't mind at all helping people.
It's the folks, and shops for that matter, that are only on this board to make a buck. Period.
[Smile]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John ur getting grumpy in your old age, just kidding [patriot]
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
John ur getting grumpy in your old age, just kidding [patriot]

Old age has nothing to do with it, I've always been grumpy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I myself have given and gotten a lot of help off here. John and Shawn have both been helpful with any questions I've ever asked, I give them and all the other people that offer real help a huge salute! [patriot]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to also say thanks for any advise or help I get from all of you guys and always willing to pay for help when needed , for me it's hard to find people reliable enough willing to do the work for me when I need the work but when I do I'm very greatful at least I hope i am

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JohnB has also helped me. Great guy. I can only imagine how much time it takes to help so many people. I'm sure you sacrifice a lot to help others, and that's fucking awesome someone would do that!

Thanks bro! [patriot]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy is the REALDEAL when it comes helping you out WHENEVER you need it. Serves his country and still makes time for you. I can honestly say, I'm proud to call him a friend! His kid aint bad either... [Wink]
Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never met JohnB in person but have gotten ALOT of very helpful and VERY free advice lol thanks.

I was actually super surprised when I had a problem with my carb. about a month ago and he thought it was my float he didn't hesitate one bit to shoot me his number in a PM to walk me through adjusting the float, I actually feel bad that I nallen called him cause mynewborn got sick around the same time and I haven't touched the car since, thanks and sorry for not calling jhonnyB is it ok if I call u Johnny? [Big Grin]

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
screw john all he ever does is give me free advice and good information whenever i need him and he is always offering me beer when im at his house [Razz] lol

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
ntimid8
¯
Member # 1498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ntimid8  Ford pictures for ntimid8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by John B:
In a perfect world, it would be nice to think that every shop, or individual that does work for that matter, should answer every phone call/pm/email/etc in a quick and courtious manner, all free of charge. The fact of the matter is this- most, if not ALL of us (and I use the term "us" to describe the automotive community) have lives and responsibiities outside of coming up with a fix for the latest and greatest problem that has come down the pike. Also, people DO get rubbed the wrong way when you spend a considerable amount of time answering questions, responding to phone messages, answering emails...with the "thought" that work will be done in the future, just to have that all go by the wayside and the job is taken elsewhere. It sucks, but unfortunately...that's the way it goes. It happens to me, to Turbo50, to Shaun and Drew at AED, Nexgen, Newtech, etc. We all deal with it. I've had it personally happen to me no fewer than 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I won't even begin to mention folks you do work for in advance to help them out, tow cars for them, do favors for "friends" who turn out to be folks who are actually just looking to make a come-up, etc. You end up writing people off...and they wonder why you won't answer phone calls?

Then you have these SAME people call you, text you, want to ask questions on why "x,y, and z" aren't working right on their car...yet still can't grasp the concept that they haven't spent a dime for the info they've recieved and do not intend to. If they want to post up in Tech with their questions, great! They will get the answers they need from the vast resource of the board. I truly believe it is at a shop's disadvantage to post on a board, of any kind, as a individual due to the lines not being clear as to what is personal help and what is quantified as "shop" help. Same can be said for those who do work on the side, as it is basically "expected" due to being a member here. That's ok though, it's the way it is.

In the end...
...you can please all the people some of the time..
...some of the people all the time...
...but you will never please all the people all the time...

i never hesitate to call you when i have a problem, you always seem like you are so eager beaver to help in any way you can!
after i saw this post i hang my head in shame, i have been the person expecting. [Frown]
i am sorry, and would encourage you to call me if ever i could help!!!!
i never knew you felt this way, so i would like to offer you a big pat on the back for never locin up on me for asking for free advice. [Big Grin]
this thread is a compliment to a great person!!!!! [patriot]

It is just one of those things we get to deal with when you own a shop. I couldn't of said it better myself... In the end, time is money. [Wink]

[ November 29, 2009, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: ntimid8 ]

--------------------
"Happiness is being stroked and Blown"

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good deeds travel further than good intentions. Big-Ups to those that help others, without merit or expectation.
SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for JohnB!

Came through HUGE for me in the past, forever thankful for that! [patriot]

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

2Foxes2Five0Coupes
¯
Member # 9154

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes  Ford pictures for 2Foxes2Five0Coupes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Good deeds travel further than good intentions. Big-Ups to those that help others, without merit or expectation.

+1 [Cool] cat.
TubeSteakJohnson
¯
Member # 8967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TubeSteakJohnson  Ford pictures for TubeSteakJohnson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A great man isnt always great. Only when he has to be [patriot]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com