Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Where to get a Tremec TR3650 rebuild kit?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to get a Tremec TR3650 rebuild kit?
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lately my transmission in the Mach has been feeling like its getting worse. Its very notchy, hard to get into certain gears, & you can hear a slight rattle & feel some vibration when the car is at idle with the clutch disengaged. Push the clutch in, & the rattle noise goes away?

Anyhow, I already know my warranty is out the window because my car is too modded, so i was thinking about getting a broken TR3650 from a buddy & rebuilding it. Where can I get a rebuild kit, & better yet, is there an upgraded kit that will make the trans stronger than stock? I wouldn't mind upgrading to a T56, but I don't have the funds for that...

BTW, the Centerforce DF clutch has roughly 5k miles along with the throwout bearing & aluminum flywheel. I also installed poly motor/trans mounts at the same time....

Any info would be appreciated....

Thanks. [patriot]

[ November 21, 2009, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tinner got his 3650 built by promotion but that's probably bank.

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Lately my transmission in the Mach has been feeling like its getting worse. Its very notchy, hard to get into certain gears, & you can hear a slight rattle & feel some vibration when the car is at idle with the clutch disengaged. Push the clutch in, & the rattle noise goes away?

Anyhow, I already know my warranty is out the window because my car is too modded, so i was thinking about getting a broken TR3650 from a buddy & rebuilding it. Where can I get a rebuild kit, & better yet, is there an upgraded kit that will make the trans stronger than stock? I wouldn't mind upgrading to a T56, but I don't have the funds for that...

BTW, the Centerforce DF clutch has roughly 5k miles along with the throwout bearing & aluminum flywheel. I also installed poly motor/trans mounts at the same time....

Any info would be appreciated....

Thanks. [patriot]

i beleive there was a tsb concerning the exact same probems your having, i think you were suppose to use less fluid in the trans, cant remember just how much but know its less then the fill plug. also try the (fix) its 1qt of lucas tanny fix and the rest synthetic fluid

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try d&d motorsports or maybe g force might have some stuff

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dustin, promotion is the place to go. what's your budget for this rebuild?

ProMotion

[ November 21, 2009, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: 93ReefBlue5.0 ]

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for promotion. Great guys awesome customer support. I was unhappy with my experience with D&D, never tried their products but I couldn't get to that point because the guy helping me was an asshole, had an attitude and just wanted to get as much money as possible out of me. Screw them.

Promotion FTW! [patriot]

edit: how modded is your Mach? Considering the cost of a new or reman trans, it might be a good idea to return the car to stock and have it repaired under warranty, esp if you can do the labor to put it back to stock form.

[ November 21, 2009, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres a guy at sears point or infinion that builds a bunch of manaul trans, good dude very inexpensive and really knows his stuff ive sent a bunch of guys to him and always been good.he charges like 200 or 250 labor and gives you his price on the parts.good dude with good work for sure.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put it back to stock [patriot]
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the info fellas. i will most likely look into the Promotion 04 spec rebuild kit. Its $825, but will be better than buying a used trans....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com