Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » DO I STILL PAY RENT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: DO I STILL PAY RENT
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I FOUND OUT THAT THE OWNERS OF THE HOUSE WHERE I LIVE ARE LOOSING THE HOUSE I PAY RENT ON TIME EVERY MONTH TO A PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PLACE SHOULD I STOP CUZ ITS NOT EVEN HIS HOUSE ANY MORE AND THEY HAVENT SAID ANYTHING NOT EVEN A HEADS UP THEY OWE LIKE 9000 BACK PAYMENTS [Confused]
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Legally until they lose the house you owe the rent, but if you stopped the may not come after you. But if they do they would be legally entitled to evict you. Just keep an eye as to when they will lose the house. It might be months before the bank takes it back

btw check with the property mngmnt company to see if they are holding your deposit rather than the owners.

[ February 18, 2009, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: aslowdodge ]

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
RedBaron
¯
Member # 4361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedBaron  Ford pictures for RedBaron    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
btw check with the property mngmnt company to see if they are holding your deposit rather than the owners.
Good advice- most homeowners figure if they're losing the house, the tuff shit for you.
If you keep up on your rent, and when the bank takes possession of the house, it's very likely the bank will put you on a month to month lease and keep you in there- it's easier to sell a rental property with a tenant in it.

If not, the bank will offer you a "cash for keys" scenario, where they pay you a lump sum to move out and not destroy the place. That lump sum can be a few thousand bucks, which should cover your first/last and moving costs to a new place.

Play the "poor me" card, and no matter what reality is, tell the bank how life sucks and you can't afford to move- my mom got danm near $3000 when her POS landlord defaulted and dissapeared with her deposit.

Good luck- and don't be in a hurry to look for a new place, our fearless leaders in Washington are pushing a moratorium on foreclosures, which means lots of time for you to stay where you're at.

[ February 18, 2009, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: RedBaron ]

--------------------
1988 4i coupe,
88 gt
85 ttop-

RedBaron
¯
Member # 4361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedBaron  Ford pictures for RedBaron    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh, and don't be suprised if the management company dissapears on you, because they don't work for free- if you can't find somebody to pay rent to, put it into a separate savings account, as a 'good faith' effort to pay your rent- it makes you look like a fine upstanding citizen to the bank.

--------------------
1988 4i coupe,
88 gt
85 ttop-

welch93lx
¯
Member # 8748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for welch93lx  Ford pictures for welch93lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TRASH THE JOINT

--------------------
1991 LX HAtchback
R.I.P LUIS

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Speak to the bank and see if you can purchase the place.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't seen many scenarios play out like RedBarons, I hope it does work that way for you. But the 2 people I know personally this happened to got abruptly kicked out. Also one chose to not pay rent during and got a eviction on his credit despite the owner losing the place and getting booted out. You are contractually obligated to pay rent if you signed a rental agreement. So pay your rent or move. But I agree with Alstock, see if you can buy the place.
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by welch93lx:
TRASH THE JOINT

LMFAO

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
most likely the bank is going to kick you out anyways. They will send it to auction. This happend to my buddy and the bank gave the 1500 bucks to pack all there shit up and move out by a certain date. He lived there for about 4 extra months without rent.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
408OUTLAW
¯
Member # 7297

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 408OUTLAW  Ford pictures for 408OUTLAW  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stop paying.....ill take along till the bank kick you out

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by welch93lx:
TRASH THE JOINT

I DNT KNOW WHY BUT THAT REMINDS ME OF THE MOVIE THE "MASK" LOL
Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
Speak to the bank and see if you can purchase the place.

+2

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would call a lawyer and talk to him, hey it may pay $200.00 but you may be rent free for several month,

I would NOT PAY RENT!!! look you aren't going to get your deposit back from the land loard,
hes pocketing the money and not paying the bank so I don't think hes going to evict you! Finally I think once the back takes the house then you have to move out anyways, atleast this way you have some money saved up!
In my opinion the land loard can't do shit

EXAMPLE: look this just happened to a friend of mine, but it was at his buisness, the current owner sold the property and told them not to pay rent and the current land loard will come and collect! the new landloard never came and the property was put into forculusure, well at that point the bank wanted rent but my friend said screw you, you don't own the property yet! once the bank owned the property they came and said we own it and he paid rent same day. He had 5 month of free rent!

this is just my example and opinion I would talk to a lawyer!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THANKS GUYZ WELL MY EVIL PLAN IS TO NOT PAY SHIT CUZ ITS NOT THER HOUSE THEY CAN CARE LESS IF THER NOT PAYING IT EVICTIONS COST MONEY SO NOT REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THAT PLUS THEY ARE PLANNING ON FUCKING ME SO HEY ITS FAIR GAME BUT I DO FEEL BAD CUZ I DONT LIKE TO STEAL AND THATS KINDA STEALING U NOE BUT ILL PAY ATLEAST ANOTHER MONTH RENT IF THEY STILL DONT SAY NOTHING THAT WAS THE LAST RENT CHECK THEY GET AND IM PLANNING ON PUTTUNG THE RENT MONEY ASIDE SO MAYB IF LUCKY CAN BUY THE HOUSE OF THE BANK

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com