Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » any good companies hiring?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: any good companies hiring?
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a good job(steamfitter) but my union is scheduling us for crazy class hours and im thinking of leaving. 50 work hours and 16 school hours dont work with a new baby.

anyone seen any good companies hiring? city jobs? pgne? im looking for maintenance or something?

JARDINE51050
¯
Member # 8562

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JARDINE51050  Ford pictures for JARDINE51050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am a union electrician i would suggest staying where your at you make good money and a strong union
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ur right but 5-10s,2 3 hr schoold days in the week,and a saturday 9 hr class isnt working with a new family
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The job market is really tough right now [Frown] I have a friend looking and she says there ain't much out there.

I would try and stick it out 'til things get a bit better.

My 02 cents [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
The job market is really tough right now [Frown] I have a friend looking and she says there ain't much out there.

I would try and stick it out 'til things get a bit better.

My 02 cents [patriot]

your probably right. I am just having a hard time never being there for the kids yaknow? thanks for the inputs fellas
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit good luck, I cant find a job with a shitty company!!! Dude just hold your union job foreal cause Ive had to shut down me an my dads shop an been laid off of 2 jobs in this pass year.

[ January 14, 2009, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: EXcobra/LS1NOW ]

Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by EXcobra/LS1NOW:
Shit good luck, I cant find a job with a shitty company!!! Dude just hold your union job foreal cause Ive had to shut down me an my dads shop an been laid off of 2 jobs in this pass year.

sorry to hear that. yeah im going to TRY to stick with it until i can find another career.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seriously youre better off staying where you are. My fiance is 27 years old now, She graduated in 2007 with an MBA from Cal State Hayward. She left her job in May 2008 for pregnancy reasons. Our daughter was born June 2nd and my lady has been job searching since. She has an A.A. a B.S. and an M.B.A and cant seem to get a decent job to save her life. Believe me ive seen many a replies to her "We thank you for your interest but we arent looking to hire anytime soon" or "We've recieved your resume/ application but sadly it hasnt made it to our interviewing process but thank you for your interest" [Roll Eyes] [BS flag]
In short, if you got a job, keep it. I have a 7 month old. Times will be tough, but imagin having a baby and no job.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the fact that your work is busy and giving your crazy hours is good! So many people would love to be in your shoes right now. Stay where you are and put in some good time. The extra money will help your baby out...

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i get payed flat rate... if no cars come into my job for repairs, i dont get paid

i heard little darlings is hiring on broadway sf... perfect hours and you'll love the staff [Wink]

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Lilghoust:
the fact that your work is busy and giving your crazy hours is good! So many people would love to be in your shoes right now. Stay where you are and put in some good time. The extra money will help your baby out...

+1......i get unemployment and i do side jobs at the moment, i'd love to be working 7 10's if i could, stick it out with your job is my advice jobs are scarce

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
id check around the refinery sites theyre usually hiring steamfitters all the time

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats news to me. Now the power plants look for steam fitters but not many refineries. They are usally Pipe fitters and Boiler makers and sometime VERY RARE they will hire riggers

quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
id check around the refinery sites theyre usually hiring steamfitters all the time

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by Cm4hawks:
Thats news to me. Now the power plants look for steam fitters but not many refineries. They are usally Pipe fitters and Boiler makers and sometime VERY RARE they will hire riggers

quote:
Originally posted by Ty:

when i say steamfitters i mean pipefitter/riggers its all the same to me lol
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i work for chevron and im constantly lookin at the job openings and theres usually something up there but if not it wouldnt hurt to check chevron, shell and valero.....after all its about to be shutdown season so even if you can get in that way its a foot in the door

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

DA PO PO FOO
¯
Member # 1910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DA PO PO FOO  Ford pictures for DA PO PO FOO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lucky for me i just got a $5 raise with full benefits. sick pay and vacation. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Ford Diesel technician

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ty:

check with UC campuses; they are always looking for pipe/steam fitters..

my friend works at UCD and makes like $35-38 an hour there....he's a dept. head though

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ty:

check with UC campuses; they are always looking for pipe/steam fitters..

my friend works at UCD and makes like $35-38 an hour there....he's a dept. head though

Chump change... [Big Grin]
Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
yea i work for chevron and im constantly lookin at the job openings and theres usually something up there but if not it wouldnt hurt to check chevron, shell and valero.....after all its about to be shutdown season so even if you can get in that way its a foot in the door

Yeah i am actually at Chevron El Segundo and i have been here for a year Planning and estimating these turnarounds Now i am the execution lead

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all I have to say is keep your job, I know its hard with a new baby. Trust me I just had twin boys, but think if you find a good job, you will be a new employee that means when its time to fire, you will be first, then think you will be a guy with a new baby and NO JOB!

Good luck and congrats on the new baby.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
all I have to say is keep your job, I know its hard with a new baby. Trust me I just had twin boys, but think if you find a good job, you will be a new employee that means when its time to fire, you will be first, then think you will be a guy with a new baby and NO JOB!

thanks Navid. congrats on your twins as well(probably late lol). im staying with it hopefully i made the right choice. I hope everyone above w/job issues resolves it soon [patriot]
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:

Navid, twins? WTF. This is the first I have heard of this. Congrats bro.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
me being 17,finding a good job is almost impossible..especially since i didnt finish highschool..and i refuse to work fastfood..i will not lower my standards that low

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
me being 17,finding a good job is almost impossible..especially since i didnt finish highschool..and i refuse to work fastfood..i will not lower my standards that low

Dont give up yet bro, your only 17. Did u get your G.E.D? If I could go back to 17 years old, I most definitely would have went to college when i look back now, but i hated school?

Its hard to find a good job right now though....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:

Dont give up yet bro, your only 17. Did u get your G.E.D? If I could go back to 17 years old, I most definitely would have went to college when i look back now, but i hated school?

Its hard to find a good job right now though....

Yea bro dont give up im not to much older then you when I was 17 I had my own house on a rent to own bases with my girl, was making good money well great money. It was all good for a couple years, An all the changed over night when the economy took a shit, Now im back at my parents house renting a room. I didnt finish high school dropped out at 16 to work construction if i could re-do it I would in a heart beat. Just whatever you do get your g.e.d thats what im tryna do an hopefully it helps on tryna find work!..... But off that note good choice on keeping your job!! [patriot]
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com