Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » so I think I just test drove rixsickcobra's car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: so I think I just test drove rixsickcobra's car
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I took the day off 2day & decided to go tire kick & drive someone elses car. I have actually been wanting to get a 03/04 so I figured id go have a dealer run the numbers so I know where im @. Got on auto trader & found a torch red 04 cobra vert & decided to go test drive it. Car looked stock save for some saleen wheels.

When I got there up close I noticed a bunch of things that reminded me of ricks car. 911 sticker on the driver side bumper, pullied stock eaton, missing drivers fog light, authentic saleens, accufab t/b & sct emblem shortened to just (sc) on the trunk lid. They also said the car came in with bigger injectors & catless exhaust. So I talked numbers with the guy & I told him I would need to think it over. He says "hey buddy just drive it & I will try to work a deal"

At this point I still didn't put together the pieces that this was or might be ricks car. So me and the salesman hop in and im quizzing him about the car. Didn't know much about stangs but didn't expect him too. Needless to say the thing ran fast. Did some donwshifts & hauled balls on the freeway. Boost guage didn't work though & there was a squeaking noise that sounded like the belt. Had a slight stumble @ idle but I knew rick had put cams in his car. I got back & talked to the manager who was tryna sell me the car now. I told him about the issues I saw & he got a real sad concerned look on his face. It wasn't until I was leaving that it clicked & I remembered the car.

Anyway does anyone know if rick lost or sold his car? Last I heard he blew the motor & was getting ot rebuilt at HCI. Im almost positive this was his but figured I would see for sure. Was also hoping maybe rick or someone else would chime in on the condition of the car since its rebuild

[ January 13, 2009, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, i didn't think Rick got rid of his Mustang. I haven't heard from him, i asked him how his fire season was and never got a response.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
wow, i didn't think Rick got rid of his Mustang. I haven't heard from him, i asked him how his fire season was and never got a response.

Called HCI & did some research. Im sure that's it. Anyone here talked 2 or know how 2 get a hold of rick?

--------------------

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I took the day off 2day & decided to go tire kick & drive someone elses car. I have actually been wanting to get a 03/04 so I figured id go have a dealer run the numbers so I know where im @. Got on auto trader & found a torch red 04 cobra vert & decided to go test drive it. Car looked stock save for some saleen wheels.

When I got there up close I noticed a bunch of things that reminded me of ricks car. 911 sticker on the driver side bumper, pullied stock eaton, missing drivers fog light, authentic saleens, accufab t/b & sct emblem shortened to just (sc) on the trunk lid. They also said the car came in with bigger injectors & catless exhaust. So I talked numbers with the guy & I told him I would need to think it over. He says "hey buddy just drive it & I will try to work a deal"

At this point I still didn't put together the pieces that this was or might be ricks car. So me and the salesman hop in and im quizzing him about the car. Didn't know much about stangs but didn't expect him too. Needless to say the thing ran fast. Did some donwshifts & hauled balls on the freeway. Boost guage didn't work though & there was a squeaking noise that sounded like the belt. Had a slight stumble @ idle but I knew rick had put cams in his car. I got back & talked to the manager who was tryna sell me the car now. I told him about the issues I saw & he got a real sad concerned look on his face. It wasn't until I was leaving that it clicked & I remembered the car.

Anyway does anyone know if rick lost or sold his car? Last I heard he blew the motor & was getting ot rebuilt at HCI. Im almost positive this was his but figured I would see for sure. Was also hoping maybe rick or someone else would chime in on the condition of the car since its rebuild

What dealership can sell a car with a catless exhaust? Maybe you should stay away from that car and find something else..
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

What dealership can sell a car with a catless exhaust? Maybe you should stay away from that car and find something else..
The dealer removed the catless pipe, bigger injectors, & SCT maf & installed stock parts back on. It still has a blower pulley & accufab t/b on the car. Don't know how they got it to pass even with those on there. Like I said tho I was only out tire kicking

--------------------

00SLVRGT
¯
Member # 4509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00SLVRGT  Ford pictures for 00SLVRGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ha i was just talking to a friend of his on xbox live last night about that car and he had mentioned he sold it a little while back

--------------------
2000 GT Silver... SOLD
94 Cobra... SOLD
02 Foush, work in progress

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Guess that answers that question. Might be a deal if someone else is looking for a car. Its at sacramento auto plaza.

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did they put the stock pulley back on.if they removed the maf and injectors the tune could be way off

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
did they put the stock pulley back on.if they removed the maf and injectors the tune could be way off

Nope, aftermarket pulley is still on the car. Think its still cammed 2. The shop they took it to was a hole in the wall spot near by the dealership. So I got a good feeling that motor is tuned all wrong.

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn... whoever buys that car is gonna blow it up very soon unless they get a tune ASAP!!!

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com