Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bart Police Shooting (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Bart Police Shooting
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This whole situation is messed up. What justifies a cop shooting someone in the back while hand cuffed? I hope this cop gets charged for murder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKy-WSZMklc

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn I heard about this. That shit sucks!!!
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im very calm quiet and respect law enforcement and my thoughts on this are

fu@# the trash bart cop who shot this poor guy
fu@# anybody including other officers who justify this action
this peice of trash needs to be charged with murder and whoever trained him should be fired did you hear barts excuse? he thought it was a taser lol lol lol rip man

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree 100% that the cop needs to be charged with a crime. While not defending him, evidently he thought his gun was a tazer. Still a crime nonetheless.

However, the whole situation could have been avoided if these bangers weren't being idiots and fighting people in the first place.

RIP, cop needs to go to jail.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

91MSDFox
¯
Member # 8749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91MSDFox  Ford pictures for 91MSDFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this whas not an accident
[BS flag]

--------------------
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
jae jae has one but it's usually doing donuts in his car while he's video taping....

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
I agree 100% that the cop needs to be charged with a crime. While not defending him, evidently he thought his gun was a tazer. Still a crime nonetheless.

However, the whole situation could have been avoided if these bangers weren't being idiots and fighting people in the first place.

Mike

ur a lame....the kid was fighting not shooting or stabbing anyone just fighting.....total race issue this guy who shot em is white trash and whoever semi agrees i believe is too.... rip again a ridiculous thing to happen....coulda ONLY been avoided if the dumbass 10hr bart cop was trained right
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MURDER!!!

MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY.

its funny the first time i have not heard guys protecting the police. [Confused]

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The faminly of the guy who got shot just filed a 25 million dollar lawsuit against bart, and i wouldn't be surprised if they get it.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:

Mike

ur a lame....the kid was fighting not shooting or stabbing anyone just fighting.....total race issue this guy who shot em is white trash and whoever semi agrees i believe is too.... rip again a ridiculous thing to happen....coulda ONLY been avoided if the dumbass 10hr bart cop was trained right
Lol you just contradicted yourself...he is racist...how does that affect improper training?

Kid shouldn't have been fighting in the first place.

But I do not disagree that officer needs to be in jail right now and not on the street.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
The faminly of the guy who got shot just filed a 25 million dollar lawsuit against bart, and i wouldn't be surprised if they get it.

They deserve it.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:

Mike

Lol you just contradicted yourself...he is racist...how does that affect improper training?

Kid shouldn't have been fighting in the first place.

But I do not disagree that officer needs to be in jail right now and not on the street.

Mike

lets just say if it was a white person in the kids shoes he woulda found the taser and not the gun....actually i respect the kid for fighting nowadays youngsters just shoot...
91MSDFox
¯
Member # 8749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91MSDFox  Ford pictures for 91MSDFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:

They deserve it.
+1

--------------------
quote:
jae jae has one but it's usually doing donuts in his car while he's video taping....

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They need to drop that cop off in the ghetto without his gun and let him see how it feels to be shot for no fucking reason at all! Trying to say he thought he pulled his tazer. Yea right! [Roll Eyes] It dont matter if he was fighting or not, he was face down on the ground UNARMED!

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
omg, that is horrible. Man I have 2 good friends that are BART po-po. And they deal with a extra-ordinary amount of crap on a daily basis. But still no cause or call for this shit. I talked to my boy about it, and he is stunned. And now BART PD is on high alert. I dont think it is a race issue at all. BART PD is historically hard on all people. I think this dude just made a fatal mistake. It could have easily been a asian, white person or mexican right there. One thing I can say is BART PD gives equal opportunity ass whoopings. At least when I was young they did.

On a lighter side. The family's attorney looks like Paul Mooney.

That family will be paid handsomely. No consolation for a lost life. But that is a slam dunk case for that lawyer.

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag] they should send him to prison and fighting thats nothing
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will this has been a HOT TOPIC at work. I've watched the video a bunch of times. I don't condone the officers shooting, but from what I can see if you watch the video a couple of times. By the way I'm not a handgun owner, so correct me if I'm wrong. In the tense situation, they are trying to detain the suspect on the ground. at 2:08-2:09 the officer that did the actual shooting looks up quickly and notices other subjects aggresively appoaching the area shown at 2:14-2:16 (as you can see the other standing officers getting in defensing stand). At 2:24-2:26 the other subjects that were approaching aggresively are now getting tackled/arrested as you can see one officer drop down the other subject and two officers following. Now back to the actual shooting officer/victim. I'm thinking the officer hears the commotion going on, along with him peeking seconds earlier (seeing the advancements of the other subjects). Gets up quickly and I think tries to load a round in his handgun. Similar to here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaBvhnNUaP8
Now this is where Im not knowledgable. Now would that mean the officer did not have a live round in the chamber to begin with? So seeing the commotion in the background, quickly got up to get a live round, which is why you see his left hand make that pulling motion. All while trying to focus on the subject on the ground at the same time. Which was too much for him and his finger pulled accidentally. What do you think?

Im not saying the officer is not wrong for this, but thats my take on this whole matter.

[ January 06, 2009, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
Will this has been a HOT TOPIC at work. I've watched the video a bunch of times. I don't condone the officers shooting, but from what I can see if you watch the video a couple of times. By the way I'm not a handgun owner, so correct me if I'm wrong. In the tense situation, they are trying to detain the suspect on the ground. at 2:08-2:09 the officer that did the actual shooting looks up quickly and notices other subjects aggresively appoaching the area shown at 2:14-2:16 (as you can see the other standing officers getting in defensing stand). At 2:24-2:26 the other subjects that were approaching aggresively are now getting tackled/arrested as you can see one officer drop down the other subject and two officers following. Now back to the actual shooting officer/victim. I'm thinking the officer hears the commotion going on, along with him peeking seconds earlier (seeing the advancements of the other subjects). Gets up quickly and I think tries to load a round in his handgun. Similar to here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaBvhnNUaP8
Now this is where Im not knowledgable. Now would that mean the officer did not have a live round in the chamber to begin with? So seeing the commotion in the background, quickly got up to get a live round, which is why you see his left hand make that pulling motion. All while trying to focus on the subject on the ground at the same time. Which was too much for him and his finger pulled accidentally. What do you think?

Im not saying the officer is not wrong for this, but thats my take on this whole matter.

No disrespect to you, but that sounds stupid ass hell.

did you not notice the 3 cops standing around to ensure that nobody would interfer with the other at least 3 cops that were 1 by 1 hand cuffing each suspect?

not calling you a racist in anyway, but if it were a group of white kids at, will say Dublin bart would you have that same out look?

And if that was you, and you were being arrested for a fight that went on, that you may or may not have been involed in, would you not be trying to explain your self?

We all saw him put his hands up showing he did not want any trouble, SORRY I DONT AGREE WITH YOU!!

LIke the lawyer said, why did he feel he needed to pull his gun? Those 3 guys had alredy been ran off, the rest were cuffed or sitting on the ground?

[ January 06, 2009, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: totalkaos92 ]

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by totalkaos92:
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:

No disrespect to you, but that sounds stupid ass hell.

did you not notice the 3 cops standing around to ensure that nobody would interfer with the other at least 3 cops that were 1 by 1 hand cuffing each suspect?

not calling you a racist in anyway, but if it were a group of white kids at, will say Dublin bart would you have that same out look?

And if that was you, and you were being arrested for a fight that went on, that you may or may not have been involed in, would you not be tryig to explain your self?

We all saw him put his hands up showing he did not want any trouble, SORRY I DONT AGREE WITH YOU!!

1) Those cops didnt know if the bangers had guns are not, so they have every right to be defensive.

2) Yes it would have went down like that in Dublin with white kids if they were acting like idiots trying to fight cops.

3) Nope, I would sit there and shut up. If you already in cuffs, talking your way out of it aint gonna happen. You sit there, shut up, and try not to escalate the situation to a point where it gets like that.

Simple fact of the matter. If the kids weren't acting like idiots in the first place this wouldn't have happened. Once again, that being said, that cop deserves to be in jail, but it could have all been avoided int he first place.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Two handguns were recovered that same night at BART one at WEST OAKLAND and the other some other station before this incident happened.

--------------------

91MSDFox
¯
Member # 8749

why would the cop even pull ANYTHING out even if it was a tazer gun if the guy was already down and in cuffs?? answer me that

--------------------
quote:

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bullshit that cop had control of the situation if he cant control him self he needs to pay like any one els that makes a mistake and takes some ones life thats a life not a banger idiot like your calling him and let a cop slam your ass put his hands all over you dout you take it with a yes officer [Mad]
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

quote:
Originally posted by 91MSDFox:
why would the cop even pull ANYTHING out even if it was a tazer gun if the guy was already down and in cuffs?? answer me that

As I mentioned earlier, If you see the other subjects (not cuffed) approaching the other officers. They get into a altercation also. The only reason I can think of him pulling out his gun. Not saying it was right, just trying to think, what the officer was going through.

[ January 06, 2009, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

91MSDFox
¯
Member # 8749

watch the video ...it says three were cuffed but the victim was not yet..

--------------------
quote:

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

quote:
Originally posted by 91MSDFox:
watch the video ...it says three were cuffed but the victim was not yet..

That's not the part of the scene im talking about. Look at At 2:24-2:26 to the right of the screen. His other friends that he was with start approaching on foot towards the officers.

[ January 07, 2009, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Watch this angle:

http://www.ktvu.com/video/18409133/index.html

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com