Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » street racers and everyone else ..... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: street racers and everyone else .....
89goose
¯
Member # 7196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89goose  Ford pictures for 89goose        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please be careful if you decide to do this......
i know that we love our hotrods and love to show off our skills and cars....
and i would hate to see this happen to anybody - especially the ones who are close .....
"Street Racing Suspected In Double Fatal E. Bay Crash
18-Year-Old Man, 17-Year-Old Girl Killed"

we already know that stangs and muscle cars in general bring attention/heat.

R.I.P

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ktvu.com/news/17168014/detail.html
damn that's a sad scene. RIP.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
89goose
¯
Member # 7196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89goose  Ford pictures for 89goose        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry - here is the link for the full story..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26155683

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First off RIP secondly again I am pissed off at 17/18 year olds with M3's and Corvettes that don't know shit about shit. I am a LEO but also a car nut and I love to drive fast in the right environment(tracks)and I'd love to know where's the parents and friends in all these cases. EVERYONE needs to work together to stop these kids from street racing! Yes Fast and The Furious WAS JUST A MOVIE People. Everytime I take out the Cobra I get some young ass kid pullin up next to me revving his car that dad bought him and he has no idea how to drive. Stop the madness we as Mustang enthusiasts need to do our part to stop and avoid all street racing. Again I'm not perfect and yes I have done some racing in the past but I'd love to see kids live to be adults.Makes me sad.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Young kid in a Vette, this is what happens. Now the guy he was racing will end up being charged with attempted murder for his passenger and murder for the other 2 people that died.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
89goose
¯
Member # 7196

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
First off RIP secondly again I am pissed off at 17/18 year olds with M3's and Corvettes that don't know shit about shit. I am a LEO but also a car nut and I love to drive fast in the right environment(tracks)and I'd love to know where's the parents and friends in all these cases. EVERYONE needs to work together to stop these kids from street racing! Yes Fast and The Furious WAS JUST A MOVIE People. Everytime I take out the Cobra I get some young ass kid pullin up next to me revving his car that dad bought him and he has no idea how to drive. Stop the madness we as Mustang enthusiasts need to do our part to stop and avoid all street racing. Again I'm not perfect and yes I have done some racing in the past but I'd love to see kids live to be adults.Makes me sad.

i second that emotion [patriot]
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
300 Feet of skidmarks!!!! I don't think I could do that if i tried. WTF this guy couldn't drive at all. Too young to die.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Young kid in a Vette, this is what happens. Now the guy he was racing will end up being charged with attempted murder for his passenger and murder for the other 2 people that died.

i was 18 when i had my c5...never wrecked???????with any car respect is needed..in n e case rip young ones
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those pics dont show everything... i saw the news story on the site of the wreck... [Eek!] all i can say is holy s@*% [Eek!] rip

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP. shitty!!! i dunno if the speedo broke or it got stuck or what but the picture of it showed it pegged in i'm guessing 140 150 range?? i could be wrong

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i didnt read the article, but if its some kid in a vette, i have NO sympathy. you fuck around, you crash, that's on you. REAL LIFE isn't gran turismo. there isnt any reset button lol.

luckily no innocent bystanders were hurt.

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sad to see young people pass. especially since I consider myself young and im older than they were. but in all honesty it comes down to choices. no different then the person who OD's on drugs. you decide to play with your life and its on you. still don't think its good for a young driver to have that fast a car. im glad I only had a ford probe 2 start.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
i didnt read the article, but if its some kid in a vette, i have NO sympathy. you fuck around, you crash, that's on you. REAL LIFE isn't gran turismo. there isnt any reset button lol.

Tought quote but true, they probably weren't thinking about any other life that they could of taken. This guy took it to the extreme, just looking at the crash. That was ridiculous. [Eek!]
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

i would call the girl in the passenger seat innocent. your heartless post was yet another useless one.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
quote:

i would call the girl in the passenger seat innocent. your heartless post was yet another useless one.
i didnt know what the article was about. yeah, thats unfortunate. i didnt know if it was the guy in the vette and the girl in the bimmer.

and, yes, another useless post from me
[patriot]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he had a girl in the car with him

--------------------
The anti-crew

50Mustang
¯
Member # 3108

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Mustang  Ford pictures for 50Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a knew law past this year where they say if you are involved in a race.& the other person hits somebody,you will be charge with murder as well.krazy.

--------------------
"Theirs no such thing as to much horsepower and torque"

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

what he did was extremely stupid... but i dont think i would ever say he deserved dying. i cant tell you how many times i have done stupid things. my little brother is 17 and has a coupe. i just couldnt imagine if something like that happened to him.

--------------------
The anti-crew

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think anyone really thinks the driver deserved to die, but my first thought was corvette-18 yr old??? When I was that age I drove a $500 car because even with a part time job it was all I could afford. How did this kid afford it unless his parents gave it to him.
If you put yourself in danger that's one thing, but I feel for the girl and her loved ones. I feel for the boy's parents who probably are blaming themselves for letting him get the vette.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
nando50lx
¯
Member # 8295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nando50lx  Ford pictures for nando50lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unfortunate nad r.i.p.My dad gave me a good point on this.He told me before i got my car at 16."driving a car in motion is like holding a loaded gun.....if you mess up on your part and someone gets hurt you just unloaded everything in it.'
Posts: 117 | From: cencal, CA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel bad when I hear this stuff too. And I agree with all you guys.
His parents should of had some "better" influence with the car. But we are all human. Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect.
The kid was 18....and 18 is old enough to make his own decisions. He made a serious mistake. All we can do now is try to learn from his mistake and educate the parents in the tri valley. Just Because they have lots of money and they pass it down to their children... There may be consequences.... When you let your son with a heavy foot and full testosterone drive a 400 hp car. Something may happen.
Unfortunately this stuff does happen all over the world to people of all ages.

[ August 13, 2008, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: gt from 650 ]

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
those pics dont show everything... i saw the news story on the site of the wreck... [Eek!] all i can say is holy s@*% [Eek!] rip

Yeah, I agree. I saw several news stories...this was a bad one...absolute carnage. Sad [Frown]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
R.I.P.

But you guys have to remember what part of the Bay we are talking about. Castro Valley and young kids with expensive cars. Look, San Ramon, Dublin, Castro valley and whatever surrounding areas are prone with rich people especially Pleasanton passed Stoneridge. I've seen it all down there. There's nothing to do in that area really except pool halls and that one go kart place. Where they were racing is a two lane road. So of course they knew what kinds of crap they were getting themselves into. none the less, sad that two young lives taken so fast over a couple seconds of speed adrenaline.

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow this is crazy.... RIP [Frown]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is sad but its the risk you take if you race on the streets. i understood that when i used to race and i stoped after i got married. too bad someone else had to die cuz of this 18 year old's mistake.

and what the hell are his parents doing giving this kid a vet? damn that asking for trouble. i was soooo carefull with the bucket i raced in when i was younger and i am so carefull of my stang now cuz i earn the money for it. maybe if he had to buy his own ride he might not even want to race cuz he would understand the value of the car.

[ August 13, 2008, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Insurance Dude ]

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com