Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Josh Courtway "BOTIH8R" Ripped Me Off.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Josh Courtway "BOTIH8R" Ripped Me Off....
dawssvt
¯
Member # 8099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dawssvt  Ford pictures for dawssvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not an active member on this site, but I was referred to it after a man from California ripped me off on SVTPerformance.com - another Mustang board. I am a very active member on SVTPerformance with right around 1,000 posts and (33) trader feedback.

On September 25th, I send $566 to Josh Courtway ("64VALVES" on SVTPerformance) for these stock 03-04 Cobra parts parts he was selling... Eaton with pulley, throttle body and plenum, injectors, mass air flow sensors, and heat exchanger. He and I exchanged several Private Messages in which we came up with an agreement on how much he would sell me the parts for.

After I paid him, he sent me a private message saying that he would ship out the parts by Friday, that would be 09-28-07. On 10-02-07 he sent me another message saying that he had been super busy and the parts would be shipped tomorrow or the next day. This was the last time I have heard from him. I have sent him 6-7 messages asking if the parts had been shipped. He didn't respond to any of them. On 10-12-07 I filed a complaint with Paypal telling them that I thought he was ripping me off. Paypal didn't find that there was enough evidence to start a case against him, so they closed the dispute immediately. I have not heard from him since any of this happened.

If any of you guys know Josh or have any other ideas on how I can get my money back, I would appreciate it. He posts quite a bit on here, so I thought someone may know him. Here is the info I have on him...

Josh Courtway
2244 CHASE DR
RANCHO CORDOVA, CA 95670
916-708-5201

Paypal ID: lcourtway@comcast.net (registered under Lauren Courtway, his wife maybe?)

Here's his myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=93735196

Link to his For Sale thread on SVTPerformance...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420952

[ December 19, 2007, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: dawssvt ]

Posts: 14 | From: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
dawssvt
¯
Member # 8099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dawssvt  Ford pictures for dawssvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The other thread got moved and one of the Mods told me to start a new thread. I want this resolved, Josh. Let's work it out.
Posts: 14 | From: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd like to hear Josh's side of the story, but that's highly unlikely.

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=972989

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn this seems like an ongoing problem with him. it sucks that you live so far away. if it were me i would pay him a visit with quite a few friends.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Could be:

Looked up LAUREN CORTWAY and this showed up:

Here

This person lives in CARMICHAEL which is the city over from RANCHO CORDOVA.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dawsvt

check PM's

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Link dosent work.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So did you every get your parts?? due to the other post Botih8r posted that he send your part?

And Also whats up with the post on SVTperformance, it sounds simular to this one????
I'm not taking sides, but I just like to know more about the situation. I personally hate people that rip/steal from others.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm gonna assume that was her. Because that link did work yesterday. Now they canceled it.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:
I'm gonna assume that was her. Because that link did work yesterday. Now they canceled it.

Good old Josh's account suddenly went private as well, LMFAO [dance]

--------------------

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Someone make a internet WANTED poster:

-

This is when he was younger though, LOL [Roll Eyes]

[Mad]

[ December 20, 2007, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Venomized93 ]

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ December 21, 2007, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want to get some more info, try http://www.intelius.com/search-name.php

Here's the free phone # info on Josh and Lauren:

JOSHUA COURTWAY
6200 DESIMONE LN
CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA 95621
(916) 726-8199

MORE INFORMATION ON JOSHUA COURTWAY
(916) 726-8199 is a landline phone.

EDIT- Had to remove the wife's info since she had nothing to do with this.

[ December 21, 2007, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: 9COBRA8 ]

9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Josh emailed me saying he has worked things out with dawssvt and wants the info about his wife removed. She had nothing to do with this so please delete her info ASAP!
Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
If you want to get some more info, try http://www.intelius.com/search-name.php

Here's the free phone # info on Josh and Lauren:

JOSHUA COURTWAY
6200 DESIMONE LN
CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA 95621
(916) 726-8199

MORE INFORMATION ON JOSHUA COURTWAY
(916) 726-8199 is a landline phone.

EDIT- Had to remove the wife's info since she had nothing to do with this.

wow! info galore! [Eek!]

[ December 21, 2007, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: 9COBRA8 ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Jessie P
¯
Member # 7073

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie P  Ford pictures for Jessie P    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree that if a deal goes sour then indeed you should post up the details of the transaction to find some sort of resolve if the communication hasn't been very effective. Being a moderator of a few sites I can't see how people would allow to post someones information on the board like this to expose private information that was only shared between certain individuals. I'm all for putting a post up exposing someone that defiantly in this case went wrong with your parts but I honestly think that doesn't give the right to allow everyone else to post up information like this all over a board.

I have been an involved member on this board not longer then a lot of you on here but I have put together quite a few functions to bring this community closer to allow new friendships to develop among us car buffs. Ego's run high in the car world this we all know but we all have to put ourselves in the other peoples shoes and think about how we would feel to have your information exposed like this under this type of manner.

I know Josh yes and he's a pretty good all around guy. Why a deal would end up like this is not the guy i've hung out with but looks like the deal went belly up and I am on board 100% with you voicing out your frustration about the transaction. Please don't take this the wrong way it's not intended to offend anyone but enough is enough. Hope everything works out regarding this deal and I hope mostly you find some sort of resolve.

--------------------
Member of The Track Legion
Know Your Worth... Expect Nothing Less

Posts: 594 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9COBRA8:
Josh emailed me saying he has worked things out with dawssvt and wants the info about his wife removed. She had nothing to do with this so please delete her info ASAP!

you mean like he worked it out last time [Roll Eyes]

He fukked up, cant even post himself that it is resolved, if it even is, wouldnt believe it until the dawssvt says it's done.

In the previos (moved) thread he talked about the crap already being sent, how could he make it right now if that was true, he is a liar, a thief and should be banned as of yesterday.

[ December 21, 2007, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: 66 AC COBRA ]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jessie P:

You talk about communication, that is where boti went wrong, if he wasnt't scamming dawssvt, why not let him know its been a bad months, or he's on drugs, or he is in a coma, get it.

If he didn't scam these people then his info wouldn't have to be posted. There would have been no need for it, but he did so there it is, it's too bad his wife got dragged into it, but again IT'S HIS OWN DOING.

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you hit the nail on the head 66 ac.i wasnt going to say anything and just let dawson say that its resolved because you guys wont believe me and just keep on going on about it.and like i told matt this has nothing to do with my wife so she should be left out of it.i dont have a problem with whats said about myself because this does have to do with me.

[ December 21, 2007, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: BOTIH8R ]

Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you are either bad luck ,or full of shit!!! Since I have heard nothing good from either of the other parties I am going with the later. keep up the good work you will be in jail for fraud soon good luck.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
In the previos (moved) thread he talked about the crap already being sent, how could he make it right now if that was true, he is a liar, a thief and should be banned as of yesterday.

Bingo

--------------------

65DOHCStang
Member # 8101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65DOHCStang  Ford pictures for 65DOHCStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got ripped off by this guy too, but only for $50. Obviously a scammer.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=7443261#post7443261

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=946234

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many people has he scamed?????????????

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com