Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » AVOID H.C.I. MOTORSPORTS IN SACRAMENTO, CA (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: AVOID H.C.I. MOTORSPORTS IN SACRAMENTO, CA
sonicblue04roush
¯
Member # 7629

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for sonicblue04roush  Ford pictures for sonicblue04roush    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] some may kno me 04Sonic Blue Roush live in fremont rolled with Venomous from time to time (when my stang ran... now all it does is roll if i were to push it) but let it be known Glen posted this and i hope the word gets out i absolutely hate that shop... and please do your research. that shop is struggling financially and in order to pay off all there other lawsuits they rip off there customers wtfs up with that! so im suing them but unfortunately it takes a while....
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More details of what happened would help your cause...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

sonicblue04roush
¯
Member # 7629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonicblue04roush  Ford pictures for sonicblue04roush    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5.1L stroke, but stroked too big
stage 3comp cams, too aggressive for the motor
2.2 kb looked like it was used, the kb sticker was coming off....
bp cant find it
cooks long tube headers
x-pipe and bad 02 sensers
cobra clutch/fuel tank/pump
fuel injecter size???? dont kno they changed em out so many times they dont know what the f**k they were doing
mas air meter ???? same thing they changed that countless times too
intake practacly looked like it was glued on
if you were to look at my car you would never guess i spent $20,000 f**kin Gs
oh yea and my hood cut open so the super charger would fit wtf???they never told me i needed a new hood untill the day i had to pik it up idiots!
oh and my gears ... never installed

who knows what they did and what parts they didnt install in my car

SO LIKE I WILL ALWAYS SAY AVOID H.C.I. MOTORSPORTS IN SACRAMENTO CA.... BY GLEN A.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sonicblue04roush:
5.1L stroke, but stroked too big
stage 3comp cams, too aggressive for the motor
2.2 kb looked like it was used, the kb sticker was coming off....
bp cant find it
cooks long tube headers
x-pipe and bad 02 sensers
cobra clutch/fuel tank/pump
fuel injecter size???? dont kno they changed em out so many times they dont know what the f**k they were doing
mas air meter ???? same thing they changed that countless times too
intake practacly looked like it was glued on
if you were to look at my car you would never guess i spent $20,000 f**kin Gs
oh yea and my hood cut open so the super charger would fit wtf???they never told me i needed a new hood untill the day i had to pik it up idiots!
oh and my gears ... never installed

who knows what they did and what parts they didnt install in my car

SO LIKE I WILL ALWAYS SAY AVOID H.C.I. MOTORSPORTS IN SACRAMENTO CA.... BY GLEN A.

They actually cut a fuckin hole in your hood without asking you first? OMG [Eek!] Sorry you had so many problems their. Is Travis still running the place? i have noticed alot of shops don"t have alot of experienced people working on cars these days. Sounds like you spent alot of money with them and got fucked! From the parts you listed I still cant see how you would spend 2o racks though. They fucked you more ways than one

--------------------

sonicblue04roush
¯
Member # 7629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonicblue04roush  Ford pictures for sonicblue04roush    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tell me about it i got ripped a new one i do admit that but trust me im not gonna let them get away with that.... well unfortunatly travis is the son of the owner of the shop so travis is still there when he's not on drugs or in rehab... all truth .... the first 3months my car was there that guy was always sick never at work

dog was sik so takes several days off here and there to take care of it

dog died so he took a week off work to morn his dogs death wtf???

he gets sick alllll the time takes daaaysss off

chick leaves him and moves to texas for a month/he leaves and takes a time off work to be depressed and cryyy wtf???

i call the shop its been 2months and nobody knows where travis is or whats goin on with my car its like wtf i know hes the manager but arent you the guys workin on my car???? hello!!! but still they say call back .... and its the same 'ol $h!t every day after... its been over a year and im still in that good ol process of suin

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wasup Glen...This is Epik from stangnet...Its good u finally posted this up on CAFORDS so other people dont end up in the same situation....Good luck with your car I hope it works out 4 u...

I checked out HCI a few times over the last few years & they seemed like a good shop to deal with...They seemed pretty knowledgeable too. They had alot of nice cars, & werent hesitant to show me around....I actually thought about having them build me a motor 1 day, & also went & talked to Travis about a torque arm install, but changed my mind because I got a better price @ Norcal performance.........

After reading your post on Stangnet, Im glad I shopped around...

[ December 07, 2007, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

sonicblue04roush
¯
Member # 7629

yea im glad you made that choice that choice alone makes me happy...ive just heard so many bad things after it was too late im so pissed... but after my post hopefully people will do a lil research and ask around and i know theyll find out how unethical they are
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is frickin rediculous.. whats the deal with these posts lately bashing on shops in cali? im not talking shit to the post starter.. crap like this should be handled by the shop. it shouldnt get this out of hand IMO..

and to think i was gonna get my cobra motor rebuilt there...

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
sonicblue04roush
¯
Member # 7629

my advice is DONT GO TO ANY SHOP IF YOU MUST HEARS WHAT YOU SHOULD DEMAND

1ST OF ALL AN ENGINE BUILDER

2ND SOMEONE WHO DOES THE TUNE AND THE SHOP NEEDS TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE END RESULT CAUSE IF IT COMES OUT GOOD THE SHOPS HAPPY TO TAKE FULL CREDIT... BUT FOR SOME REASON IF YOUR ENGINE BLOWS THEY POINT THE OTHER DIRECTION HMMM WTFs UP WITH THAT????

3RD LOTS OF PICTURES AND VIDEO NO EXEPTIONS
a good shop should have no problem with this

4TH ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE HAVE THEM PUT IT IN WRITING

I MAY BE MISSING A FEW THINGS BUT FOR NOW THATS THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THIS......

sonicblue04roush
¯
Member # 7629

Ooops i said hear instead of heres what you should do .... what eva
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
this is frickin rediculous.. whats the deal with these posts lately bashing on shops in cali? im not talking shit to the post starter.. crap like this should be handled by the shop. it shouldnt get this out of hand IMO..

and to think i was gonna get my cobra motor rebuilt there...

To be perfectly honest, I have heard good and bad things about every Shop in the bay area and Sac. The only thing you can do is do your own research and hope for the best. That is unless you have the no how to do the work yourself

--------------------

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is totally shocking to me. HCI fucking something up? LOL

That's like Stevie Wonder shaving with a straight razor.

People don't want to spend big money on engine building so they settle for companies like HCI. How many complaints does good old Rex get? How many does Riolo get? Next to none, because they've been doing it for as long as most of us have been alive and then some AND they don't generally have their heads up their asses.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't RixSikCobra a big time HCI nutswinger??? [Razz]
I wonder what he has to say about this?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:

I'm fairly certain Shaun fucked Rick over either while Shaun was still at HCI or with AED. None the less I think Rick isn't a fan of their's but I could be mistaken.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just goes to show if you want something done right, do it yourself. It is not rocket science nor is it brain surgery, just patience, good research and trial and error. If it was rocket science there would be 12 years of schooling involved, tons of labs and then they would make $400,000 a year...you know like brain surgeons etc.

Take the time to learn the skills and do the work, otherwise you are going to have to throw tons of money at it and rely on others..not something easily done.

Just my .02

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Just goes to show if you want something done right, do it yourself. It is not rocket science nor is it brain surgery, just patience, good research and trial and error. If it was rocket science there would be 12 years of schooling involved, tons of labs and then they would make $400,000 a year...you know like brain surgeons etc.

Take the time to learn the skills and do the work, otherwise you are going to have to throw tons of money at it and rely on others..not something easily done.

Just my .02

I agree 100% If you have the money for someone else to do it and no time i totally understand but nothing makes you feel better knowing you did all the work and that you know everything you did was the way you wanted it done and when your showing it off and someone asks you where was all the work done you can say "my garage"

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:

I'm fairly certain Shaun fucked Rick over either while Shaun was still at HCI or with AED. None the less I think Rick isn't a fan of their's but I could be mistaken.
Wrong again. Rick actually fucked me over. He stood me up 3 times for a tune. I still have an alternator pulley he had me buy but never came in to pay for it or pick it up.

Rick came to HCI at the tail end of my stint there. The only thing I did on Ricks car was yank the old motor out. I was gone before he left HCI. & he has NEVER come to AED for work. In fact, he's been black listed after standing me up 3 times. AED will not work on his car & he knows this.

quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
People don't want to spend big money on engine building so they settle for companies like HCI. How many complaints does good old Rex get? How many does Riolo get? Next to none, because they've been doing it for as long as most of us have been alive and then some AND they don't generally have their heads up their asses.

You really should do your homework before posting. HCI uses Rex for machine work. Hmmm.....

I left HCI for the same reasons you see in this thread.

[ December 08, 2007, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that sucks manm, good luck. I try to do all my work on my car.

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

twins
¯
Member # 5069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twins  Ford pictures for twins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
has anyone ever tried nextgen motorsports? i herd the are real good at changing spark plug wires.
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Nextgen is a good shop. Havnt installed anything from them but have baught some things off them and seen some the the cars theyve built. Some times its better to hang around a shop first to see there work and personality is a plus and they got that. [Smile]

[ December 08, 2007, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:Wrong again. Rick actually fucked me over. He stood me up 3 times for a tune. I still have an alternator pulley he had me buy but never came in to pay for it or pick it up.
I can't say as I blame him for him not wanting you to touch his car.

Now go back to building shitty toys for Santa you little elf.

[ December 08, 2007, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

sonicblue04roush
¯
Member # 7629

ok so now i have a few thousand dollars saved up and im not gonna let another summer pass me by with out me driving my ROUSH so im definatly ready to do all the work myself... so heres my question, lets say i buy an engine who should i buy from and when i do can i trust a shop to tune my car? what about my stock fuel line set up wiring and so on... with my experience its more than just droppin in an engine and driving out your drive way you got to change everything and you need to pay someone to tune it ... RIGHT? CAN I BUY AN ENGINE, ENGINE HARNESS AND ALL WIRING, COMPUTER, FUEL LINES/TANK/PUMPS INTAKE, EXHAUST, CLUTCH, TRANSMISSION INSTALL IT AND JUST DRIVE??? THAT JUST SOUNDS TOO EASY... CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE??? $$$ AND LIST OF SET UP FROM RADIATOR TO EXHAUST TIPS....LOL FOR EX. ENGINE, COMPUTER, TRANSMISSION, WIRING, FUEL SET UP

ITS TIME TO TAKE MY CAR BACK AND A LITTLE HELP WOULD BE GOOD I WANT TO DO THIS $H!T MYSELF
quote:

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by twins:
has anyone ever tried nextgen motorsports? i herd the are real good at changing spark plug wires.

and i heard that you dont know how to change anything.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What exactly are you trying to say?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
quote:

and i heard that you dont know how to change anything.
are you taking offense because it was you that wrapped the plug wiresaround the headers on some 5.0 that we got to laugh at?? "I don't know why is misfiring??" LOL awesome.

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com