Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I miss the old days!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I miss the old days!!!
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hahah the back old days!! I remember when i first got into the 5.0 game..

Who here remembers Ross's LOCKDOWN crew, Team Untouchablez, ALLIANCE.. I use to hang out with those guys back then..

Wow, those friday nights when i use to sneak out the house and roll the stang down the street and pop the clutch so moms dont hear it. I would go straight to 3Com park, Carrol St, Brotherhood Way, Canada Rd(san mateo), Depot & Industrial off Hayward, Tracy (moutain house rd), San Jose runs, Oakland by the containers, Skyline freeway-line-ups, Burlingame safeway meets.

Memories...... [burnout] [patriot] [worship]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
FORDFANATIC916
¯
Member # 3303

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDFANATIC916  Ford pictures for FORDFANATIC916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE]For the most part, it is not the people who actually own FAST cars causing problems, its the pieces of shit that have slow ass cars, racing in populated areas killing people and giving us all a bad rep. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [/QB][/QUOTE]

thats the truth!

--------------------
back at it!!

Posts: 1375 | From: here and there | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know someone is gonna disagree, but when it comes to the old days I actually miss the sideshows of the early 90's and very late 80's (showing my age now). Back then it was more about showing off your car (not abusing it but we did do burnouts and nuts), poppin at ladies, kickin back and overall just having a good time. Now when I see it, its a bunch of large useless buckets with flows and 24's. Nothing wrong with flows and 24's but that where it ends. Doors be mismatched cars be all dented. I think the youth stopped caring about their cars personally. It more about who can do the dumbest shit and ladies? They dont care about the ladies. They wanna smoke, fight and run into shit. It used to be one of the few times you can see 69 ville, Subranny Park, Seminary, The tre's and Murder Dubs get together with no funk at all. Then everyone either head to the club, or to Emeryville Denny's... Kids these days are missing out on so much

[ November 09, 2007, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
like some ppl here i'm a little older. the good old days are long gone. i to remember when you could go to the street races hang out all night shit talking about who had the fastest car make 20 runs if you wanted to with no problems. or when pacific ave in stockton was packed with ppl crusing all night. i still remember when some dudes used a shotgun to shoot chicks in motown. thats what kill the sceene there. shit now if you go to the street races and beat some want to be thug in his 15 sec honda first thing he does is pull out a gun and start waying it around talking shit. the thug mentality is what killed the races and cruies. no one wants to have to worry about getting shot becuase you won a race.
or the drunk ass ppl that only just go to the spots to start trouble. they don't race just like to start shit. they break shit whip shitys leave trash and broken bottles, then wonder why they get a hassled. the cops can't just sit while ppl get shot properety broken or stolen.
it wasn't the imports that killed it. it was the want to be thugs sideshowing shooting stomping out cars that killed it. [Mad]

the old days are gone!

ps. sorry about the rant.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i remember cruising mt gran torino sport on the el camino,story road,santa clara st. downtown san jose, everyone would hang out at the Weinder dog and it would be packed on the strip! girls everywhere,no helmet law back then! we would go out to milpitas,union,city south side of san jose(bailey etc) and raced for hours upon end! this was back in the 80-90's those were the good old days! [Frown]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember Baily RD, Automall, halfmoon bay, etc.
Those days are gone!

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I know someone is gonna disagree, but when it comes to the old days I actually miss the sideshows of the early 90's and very late 80's (showing my age now). Back then it was more about showing off your car (not abusing it but we did do burnouts and nuts), poppin at ladies, kickin back and overall just having a good time. Now when I see it, its a bunch of large useless buckets with flows and 24's. Nothing wrong with flows and 24's but that where it ends. Doors be mismatched cars be all dented. I think the youth stopped caring about their cars personally. It more about who can do the dumbest shit and ladies? They dont care about the ladies. They wanna smoke, fight and run into shit. It used to be one of the few times you can see 69 ville, Subranny Park, Seminary, The tre's and Murder Dubs get together with no funk at all. Then everyone either head to the club, or to Emeryville Denny's... Kids these days are missing out on so much

I agree, The sideshow is not what it used to be. Stomping on cars that don't perform well, scrappers riding down MAC 60,70,80 MPH is not cool. I hopped on in the mid to late 90's and it was still a good enviroment for me. There was still females there and you can see some nice cars. old school 5.0's and IROC's. Now, about a few months ago I came across a sideshow going home and saw nothing but buckets. Looked like a rolling junkyard. At the currrent moment, you won't see a nice car at the sideshow, because the consequences are too big. 1) get your car stomped, or 2) get your car towed. too much to loose and not enough to gain.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ah yes, at 40 years old,i go back to the san mateo days in the early/mid 80's when we would cruise all night if we wanted and go race at canada rd.(actually been to some canada races not so long ago,has been a few years though) i can remember yelling out windows to girls and friends,riding in the back of friends trucks,parking at any spot we could,and even short stop light to stop light runs without any trouble. Then came the crackdown and santa clara was the place to be and that was pretty cool too for a while. san fran was always a hot spot and still is but not really for hot rods anymore though i've had some fun at brotherhood and great highway as recent as 5 or 6 years ago. [Big Grin] But i have to agree,it's definately not the same anymore.Not by a longshot.

[ November 09, 2007, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: xcessive50 ]

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xcessive50:
ah yes, at 40 years old,i go back to the san mateo days in the early/mid 80's when we would cruise all night if we wanted and go race at canada rd.(actually been to some canada races not so long ago,has been a few years though) i can remember yelling out windows to girls and friends,riding in the back of friends trucks,parking at any spot we could,and even short stop light to stop light runs without any trouble. Then came the crackdown and santa clara was the place to be and that was pretty cool too for a while. san fran was always a hot spot and still is but not really for hot rods anymore though i've had some fun at brotherhood and great highway as recent as 5 or 6 years ago. [Big Grin] But i have to agree,it's definately not the same anymore.Not by a longshot.

Ahh yes, great highway! That was down the street from where i use to live. I remember how i'd goto work on Mondays and couldn't wait for Friday to hit 9pm when the phone would start buzzing!

I remember how the street races were going on at multiple spots at one time. So when cops would show up at one spot, we'd have another 30 cars racing 10 minutes away.

Im pretty sure those days wont come anymore [Frown]

[ November 09, 2007, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: AL STOCK ]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by forced331:
I remember Baily RD, Automall, halfmoon bay, etc.
Those days are gone!

[worship] [worship]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn well the good ole days i was about 15 and i use to sit passenger with my buddies. I have to say its not like before but ITS STILL OUT THERE. Mostly every fri sat , me and our friends go to the meets, and can talk for about 5am about cars mostley FOX years [Razz] We just had some private runs thurs night,actullay there been alot of private runs mon-thurs these past couple of weeks [patriot] good decent cars too.Just dont tell that many people, because like you all said it will get ruined. but the there is meets still if ya want to hang on out fri-sat 10:30 pm at nation burgers in hayward. Ill be there tonight to watch and hang out. There is some idiots but i just ignore them

[ November 09, 2007, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to go to Baylands in Fremont back in the day when I was a kiddie. We used to race at Canada road all night long. No one got hurt. No one did sideshows. Just line up and race. Unfortunately I had a bad losing record over there. Damn stock 84 GN couldn't cut the mustard! Wish I would have kept it though!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eddie, any 10 to 11 second cars that come out?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:

Yup, maybe not 10's though lee, only one id say gill's 442 or jermz z28

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

bigscoop50
¯
Member # 7618

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigscoop50  Ford pictures for bigscoop50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
No it was the Import guys and the youngsters that ruined it.

i dnt agree with u because i see al kinds of cars and ppl acting stupid its nt really about wat you drive its how u act and all that. bt ricers are still dumb [patriot] ,

me and my buddies street race [Big Grin] and we'll get 2 gether and cruise wit our team and a couple others on sunday nights we havent had any problems with the police, we usaull start in hayward and end up in millpitas, and pull over some where and jus [BS flag]

--------------------
my 5.0 is In Progress

bigscoop50
¯
Member # 7618

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigscoop50  Ford pictures for bigscoop50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
quote:

hey eddie remeber wen we used 2 stay out wit the boyz and b.s wait never mind we still do we did last night hah cops dnt even put mind 2 us its thoes idiots that giv us a bad name

--------------------
my 5.0 is In Progress

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:
Originally posted by bigscoop50:
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
quote:

hey eddie remeber wen we used 2 stay out wit the boyz and b.s wait never mind we still do we did last night hah cops dnt even put mind 2 us its thoes idiots that giv us a bad name
yeah, very true,like that idiot in the parking lot trying to act cool and drift through the parking lot,thats the guy who ruined it on sat. and to even tell the tard in a nice way to stop you gotta worry these days because everyone has a gun so its not evan worth telling him shit. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im still young so i dont know bout way back in the day, but like eddie said, i can remember riding passanger when i was like 14 in 2001, when my friend had bought a brand new camaro ss, and him, my brother and myself would go to the in n out on capitol expressway and meet up there with my friends crew and chill then head out on to capitol. we would go up and down from light to light all night lookin for cars and racing and not worry bout cops like now. not very many people did the 3 honk rolls if any. people would be outside in n out lined up lookin at capitol and watch people racing up and down. man that was fun! i remember it like it was yesterday and it can never be brought back and its never gonna be the same. those were the good ole days for me, i just shed a tear right now [Frown]

[ November 11, 2007, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: F8LSN8K ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I miss the OLD days when Pierce St. Annex Wednesdays was the shit, Saturday nite DV8's, and Friday nite Touche dodgin' bullets.

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
ModularMotorz
¯
Member # 5954

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ModularMotorz  Ford pictures for ModularMotorz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Missin the burlingame meets before the cops started going car by car in the lot looking for fix-it tickets to issue. That and some good runs with a good hundred cars in tracy....... even cruising 6 stangs deep to mountain house.... smashing on ricers on every freeway heading there...... memories.... [Frown]

--------------------
1996 MUSTANG GT
2003 MUSTANG COBRA
2001 CROWN VICTORIA P71

Posts: 1014 | From: Daly City | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com