Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Went to my first forest fire today :)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Went to my first forest fire today :)
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got woken up at 545 by my captain telling me we had a forest fire on our district and to leave immediately for the station. It was a slow rate of spread because the RH was over 50%
We got there (an hour or so drive) and the CDF had already contained it so we took over from there so unfortantly i didn't get any cool pics. I had fun though there was some flames on the otherside of the hill and we mopped it up for 8 hours. I got overtime, sunday pay AND Hazard pay so i made about 500 bucks today [Smile]
The fire either started from someone throwing a cigarette into a mine shaft they filled with foam OR it was a cigarette thrown from a car. The fire looked like it creeped out of the mine and we found out later that the foam they used was highly toxic and some people complained of breathing problems.
Heres some pics from us sitting in the fire engine waiting for our orders
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool... sounds like a exciting job...

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
koo pix , but focus on your job not taking pix next time. [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF89lLx:

The saying is in the forest service, "Hurry up and Wait"
You hurry to a forest fire and when you get there you have to wait to be told what to do, sometimes you can wait days before you get on the fire i am told.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice fire:

-

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

00SLVRGT
¯
Member # 4509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00SLVRGT  Ford pictures for 00SLVRGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
nice fire:

-

its soo cute [Smile]

--------------------
2000 GT Silver... SOLD
94 Cobra... SOLD
02 Foush, work in progress

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I SAW A BUNCH OF AERA THAT HAD BEEN BURNT ON MY WAY TO 49 IS THAT THE SAME FIRE I FIGURED YOU WOULD KNOW [Big Grin]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I could say congrats but that wouldn't make sence! Be safe man [patriot]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
I SAW A BUNCH OF AERA THAT HAD BEEN BURNT ON MY WAY TO 49 IS THAT THE SAME FIRE I FIGURED YOU WOULD KNOW [Big Grin]

its not the same fire, my fire was not even near any towns or anything, the only building i saw the entire time was a old mining shack.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00SLVRGT:
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlot:
nice fire:

-

its soo cute [Smile]
DAAAAAMMNNN!! That's a blazing inferno! Next time, make sure the captain calls in a few more trucks and some drop planes! [Eek!]
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF89lLx:

+1 lmfao i was gonna say the same thing but saw some1 already had for me [Razz]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

ntimid8
¯
Member # 1498

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ntimid8  Ford pictures for ntimid8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
[QB] Got woken up at 545 by my captain telling me we had a forest fire on our district and to leave immediately for the station. It was a slow rate of spread because the RH was over 50%
We got there (an hour or so drive) and the CDF had already contained it so we took over from there so unfortantly i didn't get any cool pics. I had fun though there was some flames on the otherside of the hill and we mopped it up for 8 hours. I got overtime, sunday pay AND Hazard pay so i made about 500 bucks today [Smile]
The fire either started from someone throwing a cigarette into a mine shaft they filled with foam OR it was a cigarette thrown from a car. The fire looked like it creeped out of the mine and we found out later that the foam they used was highly toxic and some people complained of breathing problems.

Where are you stationed at?

opie
¯
Member # 7693

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for opie  Ford pictures for opie    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have a hater fan club. I notice the jealous people on here dont bother you, thats good.
Posts: 67 | From: dutch harbor | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by ntimid8:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
[QB] Got woken up at 545 by my captain telling me we had a forest fire on our district and to leave immediately for the station. It was a slow rate of spread because the RH was over 50%

Where are you stationed at?

American River Station Foresthill, CA

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by opie:
You have a hater fan club. I notice the jealous people on here dont bother you, thats good.

personally i'm jealous of his brains and buffness [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com