Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Might be going today...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Might be going today...
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres a possibility that my engine will be deployed to this today or if another fire starts today i will be going that that one for sure.
http://www.kcra.com/news/13562000/detail.html
Click the link and check out the videos [Eek!] [Eek!]

Raging Tahoe Fire Devours 220 Structures
Blaze Chars 2,000 Acres; At Least 1,000 People Evacuated

POSTED: 5:58 am PDT June 25, 2007
UPDATED: 7:22 am PDT June 25, 2007
Email This Story | Print This Story
MEYERS, Calif. -- At least 220 homes and other structures have been destroyed by a raging 2,000-acre forest fire that still threatens hundreds more houses, U.S. Forest Service officials said early Monday.

Fire officials said high winds on Sunday afternoon hampered fire crews in their battle against the fast-moving fire and were a culprit in the property destruction.

Despite relatively cool and humid weather, flames were still towering as high as 70 feet in the air in some areas early Monday.

No injuries were reported from the blaze, known as the Angora Fire.

The blaze in the upper Angora Creek drainage about five miles south of Lake Tahoe prompted evacuations of the Angora Lakes Resort and hundreds of homes in the North Upper Truckee Road area of Meyers, located next to the resort town of South Lake Tahoe, authorities said.

More than 600 firefighters were fighting the fire and 22 federal strike teams were on the way to assist.

The fire, believed to be caused by human activity, was reported at 2:14 p.m. Sunday on Forest Service land.

Key Information:

Road Closures:

The California Department of Transportation announced the following road closures in the area near the fire:

* Highway 50 is closed to eastbound traffic at Pollock Pines.
* Highway 89 is closed from Pickett's Junction in Alpine County to 2.7 miles south of the junction with Highway 50
* Highway 89 is also closed to southbound traffic at Bliss State Park in El Dorado County.

For more road information, go to www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi

Evacuation Centers For People:

Lake Tahoe Senior Center
3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
530-542-6094

Lake Tahoe Parks and Recreation
1180 Rufus Allen Blvd.
530-542-6056

Evacuation Center For Pets:

Dog Gone Crazy
580 National Avenue, Tahoe Vista
530-546-7522

[ June 25, 2007, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck and be safe Dana! [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Git R' Dun! I don't know you, but I will pray for your safety and hopefully you'll come out unscathed. Same goes for your crew. [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We didn't go and i am not sure if we will, the forest is stripped of fire resources, yesterday we were the only fire engine in 30 miles.
We had to drive an hour just to check on a possible smoke because there was no one else in that area at all. [Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just herd that the fire jumped the containment lines!
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude..Dana..it could be a possiblilty you could be sent..this fire is growing by the second...if u do get sent becareful bro.. [patriot]

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

The fire jumped the line and made another run and caught a convict crew and they had to deploy their fire shelters, haven't checked the news to see if any got killed or injured yet. The fire is making its way to my forest so i may go tomorrow.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its really close to a cabin my aunt and uncle have, luckily the river has stopped it from getting any closer but i dont think thats gonna stop it for long!

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 66backinblack:
its really close to a cabin my aunt and uncle have, luckily the river has stopped it from getting any closer but i dont think thats gonna stop it for long!

a river is a good fireline but tomorrow if the fire is still going and the RH goes low and the winds pick up it can create spot fires that can jump firelines. When the fire first broke up we were getting reports of spot fires starting a MILE away from the many fire.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com