Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Custom interior questions and advice

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Custom interior questions and advice
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anyone here did their own interior from kit? Is it hard to do? I am dropping my car off at the paint shop this weekend and I was thinking on having my seats wrapped while that is happening but one dude told me that all interior places do is buy a kit and just replace the necessary parts and then slip the covers back over the seats. I was thinking if this is all they do I could buy a kit myself and take it to them have them do their work then put em on myself. Also is there a kit for 98 seats? I cant seem to find one.
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the custom interiors ive seen generally dont look like they ever fit as good as original. id honestly try to find some clean original stuff before re-doing the existing stuff.

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well what I actually want is the stitching and design to stay the same. But have the parts in the middle white where your back and butt go. It will match the paint scheme better that way. Other than that my interior is a 10 out of 10 so the rest remains black on black. But I really need that additional work to the seat to set it off. But I want to save a few bucks on the way if I can.

thx for the advice tho.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im pretty sure they have some type of dye to change the color but there are different routes to go that might be the cheapest
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
well what I actually want is the stitching and design to stay the same. But have the parts in the middle white where your back and butt go. It will match the paint scheme better that way. Other than that my interior is a 10 out of 10 so the rest remains black on black. But I really need that additional work to the seat to set it off. But I want to save a few bucks on the way if I can.

thx for the advice tho.

id leave it black for sure!!!! btw i LOVE the sig, that show is fuckin funny!!!!

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Dave Chapelle is hella funny.....Anyway I really gotta get my seats 2-tone to set the paint job off. I just dont want to go to a interior shop for something I can do at home. If they just buy kits then I could buy the kit and save a few bucks. Thats my main question. One dude quoted 1500 for the job.

[ January 23, 2006, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

WICKED SS
¯
Member # 197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WICKED SS  Ford pictures for WICKED SS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interior kits are pretty simple to do. I did my own on my SS with a custom insert to match my paint and it came out really good.
This is how they will come
 -

I had my Supra interior done at a shop since I got a pretty good deal.
 -

--------------------
2001 Camaro SS
1995 Mustang GT 347ci - sold
1993 Supra PT74 - sold

84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
Dave Chapelle is hella funny.....Anyway I really gotta get my seats 2-tone to set the paint job off. I just dont want to go to a interior shop for something I can do at home. If they just buy kits then I could buy the kit and save a few bucks. Thats my main question. One dude quoted 1500 for the job.

a good paintjob should set itself off!!!

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Wicked SS.....You did the sewing yourself too? That did come out looking pretty good. How much did your kit run you? I cant find a kit for 98 seats.. [Frown]

84GT
You are correct. But I have a vert so when the top is down I want the sets to enhance the paint.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com