Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » pics of 87 - 93 mustang convertable with roll cage

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: pics of 87 - 93 mustang convertable with roll cage
cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cvr 5.0  Ford pictures for cvr 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i need to see pics of fox body mustangs (convertable) with 6, 8, 10 pt roll cage [patriot]

--------------------
-89 MUSTANG 5.0 lx vert (sold as of 2-10-08 for $8K)
-Ford F-100 with blown chevy 502
2004.5 dodge ram, 500hp and 1100tq
-84 yoda on 39s

Posts: 977 | From: Fremont ,ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Drew, your Stang is FUCKIN SIK [worship]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:

thanks man [patriot]
hows your white slut coming?

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cvr 5.0  Ford pictures for cvr 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt [worship]

--------------------
-84 yoda on 39s

510_STANG
¯
Member # 4252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_STANG  Ford pictures for 510_STANG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice [patriot]
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:

I think so too...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

more pics ????

--------------------
-84 yoda on 39s

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
 -

Thats a wolfecraft bar? Well remind me NEVER to use on of those. Lot of good those down bars are when bent. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:
 -

Thats a wolfecraft bar? Well remind me NEVER to use on of those. Lot of good those down bars are when bent. [Roll Eyes]
Yeah, I'd have to agree that thing is next to worthless with those bends

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I doubt the bends would really affect the performance, most rear down tubes are bent, these I will admit are pretty drastic. The best wa would be to take out the rear seat and then you should be able to make a straighter shot.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or just put those down tubes in the area outside of the seat area...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/364997588/364998045bJlpLh

similar to that

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I doubt the bends would really affect the performance, most rear down tubes are bent.

Really??? Um, well Most racing organizations will not let that pass tech. Most groups the down bars have to be straight. You lose a majority of the roll over strength when bent. Do you want us to explain applied forces and geometery of how it wouldn't work correctly vs. a straight bar?

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

quote:
Originally posted by blind:
or just put those down tubes in the area outside of the seat area...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/364997588/364998045bJlpLh

similar to that

I think the problem might be what your hitting with the bottom of the tube. It seems a lot of bars are being installed wrong.
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

quote:
quote:
I doubt the bends would really affect the performance, most rear down tubes are bent.

Really??? Um, well Most racing organizations will not let that pass tech. Most groups the down bars have to be straight. You lose a majority of the roll over strength when bent. Do you want us to explain applied forces and geometery of how it wouldn't work correctly vs. a straight bar?
NHRA and IHRA allow for the rear down tubes to be bent. I agree its not as strong as a straight tube. I guess the best way to build a cage would be like a tee-pee, I still think it would be better to just take the rear seats out. That would allow the right angle and to hit a solid part of the car.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
quote:
quote:

NHRA and IHRA allow for the rear down tubes to be bent. I agree its not as strong as a straight tube. I guess the best way to build a cage would be like a tee-pee, I still think it would be better to just take the rear seats out. That would allow the right angle and to hit a solid part of the car.
i still have my rear seat in with my roll bar, as soon as i get home i'll post pics, but i agree that having those rear bars bent like that negates the whole reason for having a roll bar.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

The only true solid point is the frame, but unless the car is gutted like you said those points can't be met. Drag racing does allow you to get away with sloppy safety requirments. Any road racing does not. Drag racing you can use cheap ERW tubing in Road Racing you can not. They require DOM or 4130 Chromoly. I mean ya I am sure thats ok if you feel confident in it, but personaly, I wouldn't. I have seen bars fail due to poor design. [Frown]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

more pics.....

--------------------
-84 yoda on 39s

cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

ttt

--------------------
-84 yoda on 39s

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com