Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » sold the Roush.... now what??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sold the Roush.... now what??
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i sold my roush today kinda sad to see her leave. But off to bigger better things.... mmmm thinking about getting a 4v because my stinking npi 2v was wayyyyy to slow. 32v have much more potential.... what do you guys think??

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
of course! look into a 99+ 4v, cobra or mach1....

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to go 03/04 Cobra.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i would love to own a 03-04 but out of my price range!! thinking of either 96-98 cobra or 99 cobra... kinda like the look of 98 cobras.... what is the difference between the 98 cobra's and 99 cobra??

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03-04 Mach 1!! [Wink]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

yes a mach would be nice but i dont want to spend that kind of money.... thats why im leaning toward a 98 cobra and just drop 3-4 grand into it

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a 98 would be nice, but most banks wont finance you for that. get the mach, love the shaker. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

yeah i love mach's but i can get a killer deal on a cobra with cash and have lots left over to do what I like with it... forged motor, etc

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

I start the Police Academy Nov. 7 and i wont be able to work that many hours so thats why i dont want a payment. When i get hired i'll finance something like a truck

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

stockishlx
badazz
Member # 5804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stockishlx  Ford pictures for stockishlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
difference from a 98 & 99 are the following..

diff body(duh)
IRS in the 99 and Solid Axle in the 98
320hp in the 99 vs 305 in the 98
The 96-98 blocks are Teskid so they are stouter.
the 99 has different heads, therefor the extra 15hp

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my '97 cobra is for sale. email me for more detail if you're interested. stangin46@yahoo.com
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is a sick Cobra that has a forged motor and ready for some boost. Its not mine, but would love to have it.... [patriot] If your not a member of the site, you'll have to register to see the post. http://63.247.78.250/~sacstang/forum/showthread.php?t=805

[ September 13, 2005, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Here is a sick Cobra that has a forged motor and ready for some boost. Its not mine, but would love to have it.... [patriot] If your not a member of the site, you'll have to register to see the post. http://63.247.78.250/~sacstang/forum/showthread.php?t=805

Doesn't work. I don't feel like registering. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stockishlx:
difference from a 98 & 99 are the following..

diff body(duh)
IRS in the 99 and Solid Axle in the 98
320hp in the 99 vs 305 in the 98
The 96-98 blocks are Teskid so they are stouter.
the 99 has different heads, therefor the extra 15hp

dont forget the intake manifold in the 99/01 flows better. the 99/01 cobra engine has more potiental then the 96-98 cobra 4v. id say go with the 99 cobra, if money is one of the main issues.

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

gt40
¯
Member # 3587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt40  Ford pictures for gt40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much did you sell your rousch for?
stockishlx
badazz
Member # 5804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stockishlx  Ford pictures for stockishlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
potential for what? in stock form, there isnt that much advantage. only big advantage is the IRS for road track-handling, but for drag i think he is better off with the 96-98. like i said the 96-98 blocks Teskid so they can handle 1000hp but u just need to change the internals to equal the blocks holding power. have you seen stock rods on a cobra? they are pathetic..here is a comparison.

-

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

99/01 cobra motors like it more when ported heads and cams are installed, compared to the 96-98 cobra. the 96-98 cobra might be a little stronger, but either way, both engines need their internals swapped out for forged ones if a power adder is to be installed.

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com