Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bonds is back!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bonds is back!
MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What an at bat! 11 pitches....missed a homer by 1/2 foot....he's amazing.

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] I bet the boy he warmed up with feels like a million bucks!

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never realized there were that many pitches! That was so lame when they held barry back to second, i thought it was gone!

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was so amazed by Bonds... My eyes almost got watery...haha I'm such a puck bitch

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have all of Bonds cards up to 94-95 [worship]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twstd5.4:
I was so amazed by Bonds... My eyes almost got watery...haha I'm such a puck bitch

I don't consider you a punk bitch [Big Grin]

He definately changed the attitude of that dugout after his 1st at bat. I saw a lot of smiles on the field throughout the course of the game...they better keep it going!

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MustyTang:
quote:

He definately changed the attitude of that dugout after his 1st at bat. I saw a lot of smiles on the field throughout the course of the game...they better keep it going!

Krukow was saying how he raises the level of play from all the other players on the team when he's in the lineup...it's definately true. You can see it through out his Giants career.

Do you remember that bomb he hit in the World Series in Anaheim??? Right field, upper deck and I think right down a ramp to the lower concession stands... [worship]

--------------------

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

quote:
quote:
quote:

Krukow was saying how he raises the level of play from all the other players on the team when he's in the lineup...it's definately true. You can see it through out his Giants career.

Do you remember that bomb he hit in the World Series in Anaheim??? Right field, upper deck and I think right down a ramp to the lower concession stands... [worship]

Damn..you just gave me chills bringing back memories like that.

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Before the playoff started, all the critics kept saying how he always chokes in the post season and I think he had one of the best post seasons ever that year.

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude...I guarantee he brings the players to life. I have watched a hell of a lot of games this year, watching with fear for the middle and closing relief pitchers, and wondering if/when runs will score. Just knowing that Bonds 'is up second next inning' 'is up next inning'...man...it screws with the opposing pitchers. [worship] to Bonds. I wanna see him pass Ruth this year!!!

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
Dude...I guarantee he brings the players to life. I have watched a hell of a lot of games this year, watching with fear for the middle and closing relief pitchers, and wondering if/when runs will score. Just knowing that Bonds 'is up second next inning' 'is up next inning'...man...it screws with the opposing pitchers. [worship] to Bonds. I wanna see him pass Ruth this year!!!

Definately...if the Giants don't win the division we will hopefully at least see him hit another milestone.

-

[ September 13, 2005, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: twstd5.4 ]

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

it is amazing what bonds can do on "roids" [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] bonds is dope [patriot]

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bonds [worship] giants [worship] [dance]

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was at that game last night, it was awesome. [patriot]
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
quote:
quote:
quote:

it is amazing what bonds can do on "roids" [patriot]
Has Bonds tested positive for steroids yet?

Was the stuff he admitted to taking illegal when he was taking it?

Has Bonds always been hitting homeruns...even when he was skinny?

Roger Maris had one breakout year with 61 homeruns he never even came close to that number in any other season...39 was his 2nd best.

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its sad that the giants need bonds to give them that extra motivation and intensity.Maybe if they played like a team they would be leading a sub500 division.I could imagine how they play when there is no more bonds.Even manager felipe alou said it this year this team is different than any other he's coached they don't have the chemistry and closeness their not a close knit bunch.

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302n/a:
its sad that the giants need bonds to give them that extra motivation and intensity.Maybe if they played like a team they would be leading a sub500 division.I could imagine how they play when there is no more bonds.Even manager felipe alou said it this year this team is different than any other he's coached they don't have the chemistry and closeness their not a close knit bunch.

Every team that has a player that is True Hall of Fame worthy as well as has the chance to be #1 of all time in total homeruns will have the same motivation regardless of how close knit the team is.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com