Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » NFL Player Progress (No Bullshi** Bashing)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NFL Player Progress (No Bullshi** Bashing)
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Am I the only Raider fan who is sick of Kerry Collins and wish they would put in Tuiasosopo or the rookie for the whole season? The guy even looks like he doesn't know wtf is going on when he's on the sidelines. GEEZ. Looking for some REAL opinions. You don't see me saying "fukk the Broncos, Niners, Cowboys, etc."

Can't wait until the Cowboys and San Diego open up their season, im betting money between Julius Jones & LaDainian Thomlinson that one of them gets voted Best RB this season.

I didn't even bother looking in any of the other related posts because it seems everyone in there is bashing everyone else's team. [BS flag]

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Walters looked MUCH better than Tui.
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, you're not going to get any worthwhile football talk on here.

I think you're also out of luck with Collins, I don't see him being replaced anytime soon. I don't think he's a bad quarterback, he's just not an impact player who can turn the course of a game on his own. He needs a good running game (as all average quarterbacks do) to open up the field.

Tui is a great guy, ok quarterback and will probably be a second stringer his whole career. Please prove me wrong Tui!!

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Collins wasn't the problem last night it was the deffense. I actualy think he is going to have a good year for the Raiders. He threw 3 touchdowns last night what else do you want from a QB LOL tough crowd.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Collins will have an ok year but nothing great. He gets raddled easy and is very slow to move in the pocket and can make some very poor plays. Collin's game is going to effect Moss's greatness.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL come on now 130 plus yards recieving and a touchdown seems right on par to me. What the heck has Culpepper ever done? Collins at least went deep in the playofffs with the panthers.

[ September 09, 2005, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
LOL come on now 130 plus yards recieving and a touchdown seems right on par to me. What the heck has Culpepper ever done? Collins at least went deep in the playofffs with the panthers.

that was before he had his jaw fractured and spent all that time off.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

LOL knocked some sense into him DUCK. Besides I don't want the Raiders to get to good since I am a Steeler fan. Imagine all the crap I am going to have to take when they can whip my team again.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Come on it could have been a hell of alot better. I was expecting the Raiders to put up the numbers that NE put up. Collins went 18/40 for 265yds and a 130 of that was to Moss. I guess it doesn't really matter, there defense is terrible. If things don't improve watch for Moss to really act up.

BTW don't you have to leave for a game soon. GO LT He is my number 1 pick in my Fantasy league.

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

No I don't have to leave, the fact is my game is next month I got confused on the date of the NorCal and the Mon football game(OK I am a Idiot LOL) So my tranny is still broke and I miss the race tommorow. BTW I have collins in my NFL fantasy leage and he lit it up for points last night.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Collins wasn't the problem last night it was the deffense. I actualy think he is going to have a good year for the Raiders. He threw 3 touchdowns last night what else do you want from a QB LOL tough crowd.

Aside from that though, "bunchmyfunky" nailed it, he moves slow, he gets rattled easy, and makes poor plays at the wrong times. I mean shit, if he moves & reacts any slower, they might as well have a lineman play QB.

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okay ill do it

"FUKK THE RAIDERS" [Big Grin]

Posts: 22467 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
one00stang
¯
Member # 4744

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for one00stang  Ford pictures for one00stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
okay ill do it

[Big Grin]
Posts: 382 | From: South Bay CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAssMaro:
okay ill do it

LOL!

I'm in on it! [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it seemed like Kerry would not go thru his progressions, like his first read was Moss, then he would look away for a second, and then turn right back to Moss... Porter and Whitted were basically not being used the whole game
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Collins took the Giants to the SB agianst the Ravens
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Collins to me looked like a rookie...all nervous and scared... he had good stats but he just looked out of place.... Brady looked so calm on the field....Tui is too small for QB at 6 foot, how do you throw over O lineman and D lineman at 6'6 or 6'7....Collins is 6'5 and Walters is 6'6... the penalties are what killed them that game you cant much at 1st and 20 or 2nd n 20 you get 2 or 3 plays to gain 20 yards....I can see them going 10-6

GO RAIDERS

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the raiders actually looked really good the first half, but they didnt make the changes needed for the second half. and collins was doing fairly well until 1 play were he got hit real hard then he had no emotion on his face and was just throwing the ball to throw it. i just dont see him using all of his recievers like he needs to. when he was passing to moss he would go 4-5 plays throwing to just him, the 3-4 to just whitted, then 4-5 to just porter, is to predictable and to easy to read on defense.

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Collins is a good QB, his problem is though once he gets rattled (like when he got that int) he goes into a slump and just plays stupid. He should of never tryed to throw that ball and took the sack. Collins makes a bad move at least once a game. thanks his problem, also he trys to force balls that he shouldnt be throwing. It seems like they have worked with him alot this year on not doing that. The one thing I wish he would do beter is run, but hes not a running qb [Frown] . Overall I think he should be the raiders starter, I love tui but I dont think hes starter material yet. The guy does know the offence well and is a great backup.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com