Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Picture/video ticket for moving violation question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Picture/video ticket for moving violation question
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who shows up for trial when a ticket is issued by the camera system? [burnout]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the camera, duh! [Wink] [Razz] j/k

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would like to see some nerd that works on a computer come in, and be like I am the officer in charge of photograghic tickets. My cameras are sweet, and the picture with you running the red light with your hand over your face, we can't tell if it is really you or not, so we have to let you go. [Razz]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
I would like to see some nerd that works on a computer come in, and be like I am the officer in charge of photograghic tickets. My cameras are sweet, and the picture with you running the red light with your hand over your face, we can't tell if it is really you or not, so we have to let you go. [Razz]

[worship]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was a story about a guy who got cought and was sent a ticket in the mail with a picture of him running the stop light, so the guy put the money down on a table and took a picture of it and mailed it back.......A week later he got a letter from the court house with a picture of hand cuffs...lol
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
craig.. that's a true story.. it happened in san mateo or san francisco years ago.. i don't remember it. we were told this story in junior college.. it might be an urban legend though..

--------------------
=(

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
There was a story about a guy who got cought and was sent a ticket in the mail with a picture of him running the stop light, so the guy put the money down on a table and took a picture of it and mailed it back.......A week later he got a letter from the court house with a picture of hand cuffs...lol

lmao

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
IRISH
¯
Member # 1629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IRISH  Ford pictures for IRISH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It would be a rep of the Police Dept or traffic dept who issued the citation.

Good Luck!
[patriot]

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 03, 2006, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
If you know or even think you did it...pay the dang ticket and forget the john wayne stuff.

If you know or even think you understood the question...answer it and forget the john wayne stuff.

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gercolla1:
quote:
If you know or even think you did it...pay the dang ticket and forget the john wayne stuff.

If you know or even think you understood the question...answer it and forget the john wayne stuff.
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
sorry, can't forget the john wayne stuff [Razz]

[ September 05, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: shiftylx ]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 03, 2006, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gercolla1:
quote:

Funny! i like it [Big Grin] i guess i had that coming. My opinion is that... after getting just about every type of ticket known to man over the past 25+ yrs. the overall aggravation and costs involved in fighting most tickets is just not worth it. Good luck though.
Good luck??? Please tell me when I said that I received one of these photo enforced citations. I bet I did not. [Wink]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

[ December 13, 2008, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From my understanding all you have to do is say it wasn't you...even with clear photo, lisence number etc. Just say "thats not me" and they have to drop it. I think there is some loophole in the redlight camera law. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regarding the original question I don't know who would show up..I'd also guess a rep. of the dept. where the light was ran.

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyhow. my friend who got the ticket went to court. he had to pay $300 something. he tried fighting it, but it was pointless. the clerks told him that if he had any doubtsabout the unfairness of the tiket then he should to go the SMPD and watch their video. i guess they don't only take pictures of you running a red light or whatever, but they videotape you too.
Needless to say after watching the video he was busted.
[patriot]

--------------------
=(

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://ticketassassin.com/autoillegal.html

According to the law since the speed is on the photo/ticket then it is a 'speed trap'. Has nothing really to do with the running of the red light. There's always a loophole. [patriot]

ps. running red lights is bad

[ September 07, 2005, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

ok.. but what about the video?
i mean.. it was two am and you see him coming to the intersection and slowing down before making the right hand turn, but not fully stopping..

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com