Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Michael Moore's Response to Hurricane Katrina (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Michael Moore's Response to Hurricane Katrina
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Though this was interesting. Please dont flame. It is just food for thought.

> Friday, September 2nd, 2005
>
> Dear Mr. Bush:
>
> Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5
> of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded
> in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on
> earth could you have misplaced all our military
> choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost
> my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.
>
>
> Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers
> are? We could really use them right now for the type
> of thing they signed up to do like helping with
> national disasters. How come they weren't there to
> begin with?
>
> Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside
> while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my
> head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was
> pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today,
> there were still homes without power. That night the
> weatherman said this storm was on its way to New
> Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I
> know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and
> I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you
> had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead
> soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!
>
> I especially like how, the day after the hurricane,
> instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San
> Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let
> people criticize you for this -- after all, the
> hurricane was over and what the heck could you do,
> put your finger in the dike?
>
> And don't listen to those who, in the coming days,
> will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army
> Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this
> summer for the third year in a row. You just tell
> them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix
> those levees, there weren't going to be any Army
> engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much
> more important construction job for them -- BUILDING
> DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!
>
> On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home,
> I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air
> Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew
> over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of
> the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab
> a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a
> commander in chief. Been there done that.
>
> There will be those who will try to politicize this
> tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have
> your people keep pointing that out. Respond to
> nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted
> this would happen because the water in the Gulf of
> Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm
> like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their
> global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing
> unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would
> be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from
> New York to Cleveland.
>
> No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not
> your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in
> poverty or that tens of thousands had no
> transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're
> black! I mean, it's not like this happened to
> Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people
> on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh!
> Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!
>
> You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few
> of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend
> the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are
> near Tikrit.
>
> Yours,
>
> Michael Moore
> MMFlint@aol.com
> www.MichaelMoore.com
>
> P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no
> longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other
> relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving
> across the country, stopping in many cities along
> the way ( http://bringthemhomenowtour.org/ ). Maybe
> you can catch up with them before they get to DC on
> September 21st.
>

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate Michael Moore, the way he presents his facts piss me off. I haven't read yet in the newspaper that he has donated any large sums of his billions he has to the relief help. i think he can critize after hes done that but not before.

[ September 02, 2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry man but posting Michael Moore quotes demands flaming.

Michael Moore is a fucking idealistic idiot that has no fucking idea what it takes to run a country. If it were up to him he would have Wayne Newton as a Vice President and the two of them would send the US up a creek to sell us out to communism. Michael Moore is a disgrace to the word American from my point of view. See what Mr. Moore fails to acknowledge is the fact that these soliders that are in harms way pave the way for Mr.Moore to create shitty one way documentaries on why America has problems. Hey Michael why not jump on the bandwagon and stop watching fucking Conspiracy Theory thinking you're Mel Gibson.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
Sorry man but posting Michael Moore quotes demands flaming.

Michael Moore is a fucking idealistic idiot that has no fucking idea what it takes to run a country. If it were up to him he would have Wayne Newton as a Vice President and the two of them would send the US up a creek to sell us out to communism. Michael Moore is a disgrace to the word American from my point of view. See what Mr. Moore fails to acknowledge is the fact that these soliders that are in harms way pave the way for Mr.Moore to create shitty one way documentaries on why America has problems. Hey Michael why not jump on the bandwagon and stop watching fucking Conspiracy Theory thinking you're Mel Gibson.

It's cool man. You can flame all you want just don't flame me for posting it [Big Grin] is what I meant. I don't agree w/ alot of Michael Moores outlook on things, but I thought it might spark up some good converation since some valid points were raised in this letter.

Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

See what Mr. Moore fails to acknowledge is the fact that these soliders that are in harms way pave the way for Mr.Moore to create shitty one way documentaries on why America has problems.

PLEASE elucidate this statement. The soldiers currently in Iraq are paving the way for him here in America how? There were no weapons of mass destruction, and no link to Al Qaeda. Just how are they defnding our democracy? The troops in Afghanistan I get- too bad Osama Bin Laden was able to "run and hide" quite effectively...

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kinda off topic,, but since the other post got locked,, read this articles,, if you need to see the validity of my statements,, at least some senators and the president partially agree with me.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050902/ap_on_go_pr_wh/katrina_bush

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:

See what Mr. Moore fails to acknowledge is the fact that these soliders that are in harms way pave the way for Mr.Moore to create shitty one way documentaries on why America has problems.

PLEASE elucidate this statement. The soldiers currently in Iraq are paving the way for him here in America how? There were no weapons of mass destruction, and no link to Al Qaeda. Just how are they defnding our democracy? The troops in Afghanistan I get- too bad Osama Bin Laden was able to "run and hide" quite effectively...
The point I was trying to make was simple. Soldiers from past and present allow Mr.Moore the freedoms he abuses on a daily basis. Their sacrifices pave the way for American civil liberties PERIOD!

Does American belong in Iraq (Since that is what you hinted at)? No in my opinion we should have finished the fucking job back in 1991 instead of fucking around for 12 years in between with a few Tomahawks here and a few F-16 strikes there. In my opinion we should pull out of Iraq and let those fucking idiots deal with their own issues. America needs to stop playing policeman to every podunk 3rd world country.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
like to make a few brief points.

helicopters - could not perform evacuations due to BEING SHOT AT BY PEOPLE ON THE GROUND

natnl guard - not performing acts of environmental repair because they are FIGHTING THE PEOPLE SHOOTING AT THE HELICOPTERS

i like how he left out all the bits about how the gangs from the poorer areas used this tragedy to overrun law enforcement in the area and loot and randsack everything they could. but he seems to do that often.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that guy is a flaming idiot

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Roll Eyes]
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its funny that he says all that but, what is he doing to help? sending a letter that no one down there can read?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Michael Moore is a POS....end of story.

I'm not killin' the messenger.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The war in Iraq is not paving the way for our civil liberties in any way. Our civil liberties were conceptually outlined in our US Constitution in the late 1700's.

I know you are angry at MM because he is excercising HIS civil liberties, but that is what the Constitution allows him to do. The man can say what he wants and there is no one that can stop him. It is up to us to have knowledge on the situation he is describing and to take a stance for or against his POV. Sometimes Moore has valid points, but, most of the time he allows his personal opinion to constrew the facts in an attempt pursuade those who are willing to listen.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:

helicopters - could not perform evacuations due to BEING SHOT AT BY PEOPLE ON THE GROUND

natnl guard - not performing acts of environmental repair because they are FIGHTING THE PEOPLE SHOOTING AT THE HELICOPTERS

i like how he left out all the bits about how the gangs from the poorer areas used this tragedy to overrun law enforcement in the area and loot and randsack everything they could. but he seems to do that often.

I might shot at the helicopter too if my child had no food but yet the helicopters are passing us by to "save" some selected few.

This is not just a race issue, it's a class issue. Seriously how long did it take for bush to respond to the Tsunmi that happen a few months back? not long. Why is that? HOw long did it take for them to save those 400+ visitors in the hyatt hotel in N.O.? not long at all. How about trapping thousands of people in the metrodome with hundreds of dead people on the floor above. Bush is all Bull shit. If this would of happened in beverly hills. It would of been taken care of right away. Can you imagine Whoopi and Tom hanks trapped on there roofs for 6 days?

SFvert
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:

I might shot at the helicopter too if my child had no food but yet the helicopters are passing us by to "save" some selected few.

This is not just a race issue, it's a class issue. Seriously how long did it take for bush to respond to the Tsunmi that happen a few months back? not long. Why is that? HOw long did it take for them to save those 400+ visitors in the hyatt hotel in N.O.? not long at all. How about trapping thousands of people in the metrodome with hundreds of dead people on the floor above. Bush is all Bull shit. If this would of happened in beverly hills. It would of been taken care of right away. Can you imagine Whoopi and Tom hanks trapped on there roofs for 6 days?

finally!!! [patriot] what i've been tryin to say all this whole time

--------------------
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its interesting how everyone believes the president is directly and singularly responsible for EVERYTHING that happens in the country. last i checked, this was a republic, not a monarchy. there are other people who are in charge of things besides JUST the president.

[ September 03, 2005, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

SFvert
Member # 3965

quote:
its interesting how everyone believes the president is directly and singularly responsible for EVERYTHING that happens in the country. last i checked, this was a republic, not a monarchy. there are other people who are in charge of things besides JUST the president.

but in national tragedies like this,, he took the job fully knowing that he is the main person everyone looks up to, and what does he do,, fly over in a plane and "surveys' the damage,, fug that,, send some fukin help the first or second day,, not 5 days lata,, and i agree it is a chain of command , he is not the only one responsible,, but if he wants to get something done, god damnit hes the fukin president of the most powerful country in the world,, it will get done,, hollywood or reality aside

--------------------

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:

but in national tragedies like this,, he took the job fully knowing that he is the main person everyone looks up to, and what does he do,, fly over in a plane and "surveys' the damage,, fug that,, send some fukin help the first or second day,, not 5 days lata,, and i agree it is a chain of command , he is not the only one responsible,, but if he wants to get something done, god damnit hes the fukin president of the most powerful country in the world,, it will get done,, hollywood or reality aside
Commander of Cheif? What does that really mean? And yes the governer needs to step up? Did you guys read in the other post of the mayors interview. The governor isnt even communicating with the major. He wanted the national guards to days before.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sf89lx:
quote:

you are dumber than I thought [Frown]

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
quote:

it wouldn't have happened in beverly hills because the residents wouldn't have been stupid enough to ignore the fair warning given out a week before the hurricane hit to get the fuck out of their homes and head to higher ground.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Mayor and Governor are just as guilty as the government of screwing up. They both should have pushed to have the levee finished. You know they started that levee in 1965! 40 years later and its only 80% finished!?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

sn8k
¯
Member # 574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sn8k  Ford pictures for sn8k  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Michael Moore is a fucking dick [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Mark K...

| 2003 Cobra | 2001 Cobra | 89GT |

Posts: 180 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sn8k:
Michael Moore is a fucking dick [Whoo Whooooo!]

Dick, dumbass, moron, idiot, fuck head, somoene needs to drop him in the middle of the ocean and let the sharks have him, there is plenty to go around with that fat ass!
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I pumped gas today $3.05 x 23 gallons...

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

its 2.95 here. I got lucky a couple of days ago and pumped 91 for 2.93 even though their sign said 91 was 3.12. They charged me 2.93 a gallon on my recipt so thats what i got [Smile]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com