Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My new Mac1 2003 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: My new Mac1 2003
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i finally clicked this thread because the whole time i thought it was about mac computers

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
i finally clicked this thread because the whole time i thought it was about mac computers

Yeah. Same here.
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How funny I did not even see my typo in my headline.

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by UNLUCKIER:
How funny I did not even see my typo in my headline.

(psssst, go and edit it before anyone notices!) [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Throttle Stop
¯
Member # 5515

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle Stop  Ford pictures for Throttle Stop  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Mach. I do have a couple of suggestions, if you want them. If not, no sweat.

First, the Mach has gobs of power, as I'm sure you've found out. The big problem we have (I have a Dark Shadow 2003 Mach) is traction, or lack of. This is the first place we try and have folks improve. You can put more power out, but if all you're doing is spinning the tires, while it is fun, doesn't get you down the strip fast. Tires, lower control arms, and gears. The 32 valve loves to rev. 4.10:1 or even 4.30's arn't too much for them. And, if you're doing gears, do 31 spline axles and a good carrier. I recommend looking at non-clutch styles (gear only) as they'll last pretty much forever.

Now, boost. Yes, we have some not-too-heatlthy rods and pistons, but with our compression, you really don't need much boost to make power. And remember, the less boost means less stress, which means longer life. Whichever route you take (turbo, NOS, supercharger) tho, the tune is the most important thing. A bad tune can/ will cost you engine. We ahve a 2003 Cobra in the shop with 2 pistons that got trashed because the car wasn't tuned after a smaller pulley was installed on the blower.

However you go, good luck. You've joined an exclusive club.

Posts: 110 | From: Roseville, Ca. | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com