Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » who paints,engine compartment with engine in the car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: who paints,engine compartment with engine in the car
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey hows it going guys well my car is about to go into the paint shop and just wanted to know if any of you guys knew a shop or someone that did good engine compartment or engine bay painting with the engine still in the car i know its kind of hard but i have been told by a few people that it is possible,the shop that im going to,wont do it,lmk guys any help would be great thanks

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

evintho
¯
Member # 5536

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for evintho  Ford pictures for evintho  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do it yourself. It's not that hard! Spray it down with engine degreaser at the car wash, take it home and remove as much as you can, scuff it with red 3M pads, mask it and shoot it with spray cans. I did both my front and rear suspension the same way. It's amazing what some elbow grease and spray cans will accomplish!

-

-

I also painted my engine compartment, but the motor is out and I used a gun.

-

Posts: 285 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
DOPE 50
¯
Member # 5892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOPE 50  Ford pictures for DOPE 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first off damn nice work or your car second of all yea i would but the thing is that i have no time or the patience to do all that,ttt

--------------------
94 COBRA CLONE CONVERTIBLE
67 SS CHEVY NOVA,CAGED UP,TUBBED,FUEL CELL,ETC..IN THE WORKS.[67SSNOV]
91 INTEGRA ON 17'S
94 Ranger Getting lifted

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow great work on those pics. I guess I have to try that now.
87GeeTee
¯
Member # 5905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87GeeTee  Ford pictures for 87GeeTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DOPE 50:
first off damn nice work or your car second of all yea i would but the thing is that i have no time or the patience to do all that,ttt

That's even my excuse. But, if you REALLY wanted to. I bet you would make the time, and gain the patience to do so bro.

--------------------
Member #: 5145
PWA Owner & SRA Member
Two-Gun Motorsports

2002 GT; Gone But Not Forgotten
1987 GT Vert (Sold!)

Posts: 4278 | From: San Pablo | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by evintho:
Do it yourself. It's not that hard! Spray it down with engine degreaser at the car wash, take it home and remove as much as you can, scuff it with red 3M pads, mask it and shoot it with spray cans. I did both my front and rear suspension the same way. It's amazing what some elbow grease and spray cans will accomplish!

-

-

I also painted my engine compartment, but the motor is out and I used a gun.

-

ALL i have to say is WOW! What year is the vehical?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
evintho
¯
Member # 5536

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for evintho  Ford pictures for evintho  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's an '89 Mustang convertible. I'm chronicling the buildup on my cardomain page. Click on the link in my sig, to see.

--------------------
'89 Mustang LX droptop running a turbocharged 2.3, and proud of it!!
Check out 'Thunderstang'!

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey man if you can can you pls let me know what kinda spray paint and the grade on the sandpaper? we just got some 5 lug conversion fronts for a fox and we are going to paint the spindles and caliper, thanks eddie

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U don't use sand paper . U use a red scuff pad made by 3m. I think its equal 2 like 400 grit. Also use any flat black it's look clean. Don't use glossy black looks 2 beaned out for under coating. For your front calipers make sure you do a good job scuffing, then clean it off good with degreaser, mask it up so u don't get overspray everywhere and then use High temp paint for that. If u got questions just ask.. good luck man
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
U don't use sand paper . U use a red scuff pad made by 3m. I think its equal 2 like 400 grit. Also use any flat black it's look clean. Don't use glossy black looks 2 beaned out for under coating. For your front calipers make sure you do a good job scuffing, then clean it off good with degreaser, mask it up so u don't get overspray everywhere and then use High temp paint for that. If u got questions just ask.. good luck man

Thannks Bro!my boy always see u up in sanjose [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by evintho:
It's an '89 Mustang convertible. I'm chronicling the buildup on my cardomain page. Click on the link in my sig, to see.

cleen build-up man [patriot]

--------------------
01 GT K&N FIPK Mac Prochamber Magnapack Cat-Back Steeda Tri-Ax Eibachs

evintho
¯
Member # 5536

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
U don't use sand paper . U use a red scuff pad made by 3m. I think its equal 2 like 400 grit. Also use any flat black it's look clean. Don't use glossy black looks 2 beaned out for under coating. For your front calipers make sure you do a good job scuffing, then clean it off good with degreaser, mask it up so u don't get overspray everywhere and then use High temp paint for that.

EXACTLY what he said!! [worship]

--------------------
'89 Mustang LX droptop running a turbocharged 2.3, and proud of it!!
Check out 'Thunderstang'!

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you ever going to pick up your hood?

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com