Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ATTN: JPH331

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTN: JPH331
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need your e-mail or phone#.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He is out of town for the weekend. Something wrong with the trans????

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes something is wrong with the tranny....This thing is a pile of crap. Tranny makes excessive noise/vibrations all the time. Third gear grinds going into it at all rpm's except idle. Just forget shifting fast at all. Forth has so much vibration and a rattle that it seems it's going to break just driving it. Fifth/Reverse is fine though.
The reason I'm tryin to get ahold of him is he told me he has never screwed anybody over or sold bunk things so if there was any problems with the tranny he was going to let me bring it back to him and he would give me my money back. I just hope this guy is a man of his words, you know what I mean? I obviously need some time to save enough for a tremec and I'm sure he would appreciate the time to save as well.
I can garantee there won't be any abuse further than it already is beacuse this is my daily driver.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im more than sure he will take care of you.

I know he has rebuilt his Tremec several times after killing 2nd gear.

He is a man of his words but I know that he is out of town at this time.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

quote:
Originally posted by T-TopTerror:
I'm sure he would appreciate the time to save as well.

Well I know John personally and he is not a rich man or a baller but I know that he will hook you up and I doubt he needs anytime to save money up.

He will come correct but prolly just fix the trans for you I would imagine??

Wont that one on here for sale out of a 99 work?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes the tranny from the 99 would work but I heard that since they have an electric speedometer I would have to change the tailshaft. Unless you know for a fact different-I wouldn't mind him picking up that tranny for me so I could swap then he could have this one back.

If he's gonna rebuild this one for me, he needs to know that this thing needs a full rebuild not just third sincro. It's in sad shape. Another thing is this tranny says BorgWarner all over instead of the Tremec(T45) I pulled out.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Hmmmm I dont know why it says that??

I know the 1998 Cobra that the tranny came out of.

I also know that the tranny has had a full rebuild.

Maybe he grabbed the wrong one?

Either way Im sure he will clear it up with ya!

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Sounds good....please let him know... [Big Grin]
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

When will he be back???

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com