Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Carbureted motor in a new edge

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Carbureted motor in a new edge
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anyone done this or heard about doing it? I was Thinking a 302 or 351W in my 2002 GT that is an open track car since my motor has over 100k on it. I figured a non electronic, push rod motor is easier to work on at the track and easier to maintain. Any idea or help??

motor is fine now. It just started leaking from the RMS. not in a hurry, just throwing around ideas

Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, it's doable and pretty easy... I was just reading a thread on someone who was doing the conversion. I'll try to find it and pull it up.
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It seems easy, and easier to fiddle with at the track
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just buy a k member with the correct mounts blots right in

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cant get any easier.
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

What about steering and fuel and all of that stuff
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

bump
4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You would use ali of your steering stuff.
For fuel the easiest is to eliminate the in tank pump and ad an inline pump and fuel regulator.

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not just make your current motor carb'd they sell the kit to do it on summit

edit here's a mach 1 with this kit, heres the guys page

http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaPhil1961?feature=watch

[ September 28, 2012, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT 03 Gt ]

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

That was one of my first thoughts, then I realized I had 100+ on the odometer. Plus with a Windsor it's easier to work on.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com