Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » B-cam question???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: B-cam question???
Turbo 66
¯
Member # 7378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turbo 66  Ford pictures for Turbo 66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just want a car that would scare people with the cam sound not really worried about the performance just want to get under the old peoples skin at the red lights, what would i need to support the B-cam? or if there is another cam i can use for this open for suggestions!

--------------------
66 coupe

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get an F cam or a nasty comp cam if your looking for the nasty scaring cam sound.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you decide to use the f-cam you might run into piston to valve clearance issues depending on what size combustions chambers your cylinder heads have and whether your bottom end is stock . the lift of the f-cam ( .512 ) the b-cam lift is ( .480 ) and Has more duration than e-and "-fcam so it makes for a little more power . And it sounds great !
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh forgot to add ...

With stock heads and 87 and up shortblock the b-cam , e-cam will slide in with no problems . Good luck [patriot]

AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My F cam when in perfect. Just upgrade your springs. Sound real good at idle through my longtubes and slp, but hated my slp exhaust at high rpm! It sucks now for some reason I can't hear my cam through the turbo [Frown]

--------------------
-American Revolution-

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a b cam in my 95 and has a nice loop sounds good

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1995 5.0 mustang gt-275/321--kid napped :(
1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangrus95:
I got a b cam in my 95 and has a nice loop sounds good

im running the b cam also an i love the choppy lobe. most people are surprised when they find out its a b cam.and it performs real good too. ive spanked a 86 coupe with gt40 heads,cobra intake,24lb injectors,bigger maf,and 3:73s,an f cam. im running stock 19s an stock maf with 3:55s full exhaust gt40p's an explorer intake

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
nasty93
¯
Member # 8935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasty93  Ford pictures for nasty93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had a b cam in my old set up and it sounded mean with mac dumps..i had some decent edelbrock heads and intake to back the cam up though..without the heads n intake it would have been slow as fuck.
Posts: 464 | From: windsor ,ca | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What timing should a bcam be set to?

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
What timing should a bcam be set to?

There is many other factors to consider . What mods do you have or plan on ?
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mods are full exhaust ssi upper n lower intake 70mmtb cai 373s stock heads and thats about it might throw some heads in a couple of months. I feel like i am lagging of power car sometimes pop from intake we tryed messing with timing went up about 4* and felt like i lost power..car is at stock timing right now 10.. I feel a like it sputerswen am in second gear passing 4k rpm..

[ November 05, 2011, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: SLOWFOX ]

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

You might want to advance it to around 14 degrees . Also make sure to check your ignition i.e. Distributor cap and rotor , spark plugs and wires and make sure that your plugs wires on the distributor in the right sequence .
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Will do thanks man o yea original poster sorry for the jack lol...

--------------------

Turbo 66
¯
Member # 7378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turbo 66  Ford pictures for Turbo 66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is tech talk and I got my pen and paper out all this info is always good to know. Thanx to everyone for the info. [patriot] [Big Grin]

--------------------
66 coupe

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

welcome ! good luck with the cam selection

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com